2020 SUMMER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
Major #8 – Johnston Meier Insurance Agencies Vancouver Open
August 30, 2019 - September 1, 2019
Johnston Meier Insurance Agencies Vancouver Open
August 30 - September 1, 2019
JM MEDIA GROUP
$90,000 IN CASH & PRIZES
McCleery / Langara / Fraserview
- 54-Hole Championship: Open to all Amateurs with current GOLF CANADA or USGA Handicap Factor of 18.0 or less.
- Charity Pro-Am: Open to all Amateurs with Golf Canada handicap factor of 28.0 or less.
- 54-Hole Championship: Open to all VGT, PGA of Canada, Mackenzie Tour Canada Professionals and “Mini-Tour” Professionals. Non-carded Professionals may be required to provide prior Amateur or Mini Tour playing records to verify their playing ability. Please email email@example.com with this information at time of submitting your entry.
- Charity Pro-Am: VGT will send invites out to Professionals through golf genius for this event. There is a guaranteed $5,000 purse up for grabs. Professionals who bring a fully paid team to the Pro-Am will have their entry fee waived for the Pro-Am.
A minimum of 70% of Amateur Golfers & ties in each Handicap Flight (Champ, A or B) & Division will make the 36-hole cut to play the final round based on alternating Gross & Net Results.
For example, if there are 40 players in a particular flight, a minimum of 28 players & ties will make the cut as follows: The top 14 Gross scores + ties & top 14 net scores + ties will make the cut to play on Sunday.
We will crown an Overall Men’s & Women’s Senior Gross Champion in this event. The top 5 Gross Senior scores not making the cut in their own flight will make the cut to play on Sunday. All other seniors (55+) that make the cut in their own flight will be eligible to win the Overall Men's or Women's Senior Championship Trophy & available prizing.
Top 60% + ties in the pro field will make the 36-hole cut (48+ties if a full field of 80 pros with the top 32+ties being paid).
For the 2nd straight year the Vancouver Open will crown an Overall Women’s Open Champion and a Women’s Overall Amateur Champion at this year’s event to include Annual Trophy Presentations.
The Top 60% + ties in the Women’s Open Division will make the 36-Hole Cut to play Sunday. In a case where no Female Amateurs are inside the top 60% of the Women’s Division thru 36 holes, the top 3 Female Amateurs will be invited to play for Low Female Amateur honors on Sunday!
The Top 40% of the Women’s Open Division (Pros + Amateurs combined) will make the Prize Table. A Bonus $250 first place cheque will be offered to the top Female Professional thanks to MAUI JIM Canada and a $250 Maui Jim Gift Card will be offered to the top Female Amateur in the field (based on minimum of 5 Pros + 5 Amateurs in field)
- Friday, Aug. 23, 2019 @ 6 pm or when the event is full
- 224 golfers (144 amateurs; 80 Pros)
Pro Purses Totaling $45,000*
*$40,000 Open Purse + $5,000 Pro-Am Purse (Based on Full Field of 80 Pros & 144 Amateurs)
(The Open Purse will be split between Men’s & Women’s Pro Divisions based on field size). For example, if 60 Male Pros & 20 Female Pros in each respective division, the Male Pro Purse = $30,000 & Women’s Pro Purse = $10,000 and vice versa.
Amateur Prizing: $45,000**
**Based on $25,000 in tee-gifts & $20,000 in prize tables for a full field of amateurs in the Charity Pro-am and in the 54-Hole Championship.
- Men’s Overall Gross & Net Champion
- Women’s Overall Gross & Net Champion
- Men’s & Women’s Senior Gross Champion
- Top 25% of each Amateur Flight will make it to the prize table based on alternating Gross & Net Scores.
- With 40 players in each Flight, the Top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net Scores in each flight will prize out
- Amateur flights will be determined as close to 33% of the total field size of these 3 flights.
The 54-Hole Championship includes:
- Over $25,000 in Premier Amateur Prizing & Tee-gifts
- $100/player in Premier welcome gifts for All Amateur Competitors
- All Professionals receive a commemorative welcome gift
- Bagged Lunch is provided each day you compete in the tournament (sandwich, drink, apple, cookie or snackbar)
- Guaranteed 36-holes of Championship Golf at Vancouver Park Board’s Premier City Courses:
- One (1) round at McCleery Golf Course
- One (1) round at Langara Golf Couse
- A minimum of the top 70% of the Amateur Field will be guaranteed to play 54-Holes of Competition including the final round at Fraserview Golf Course. If less than 80 Pros register, a higher % of amateurs will be included in the cut-line to play on Sunday. In 2018, there were 56 Pros registered and 85% of all amateurs made the cut.
- Live Leaderboard screens on the golf course & on VGT and Van Open Websites
- ONE FREE ENTRY to MAJOR SERIES OF PUTTING at Fraserview Golf Course (Sept.1 – 11am to 7pm) with a direct qualifier to LAS VEGAS FINALS!! Players who miss the cut still qualify. (www.msop.com)
- Practice Round Rate: See Van Open websites for Practice Round Rates
- Driving range warm-up is available to all competitors in the tournament field.
- Premier Trophies for the following winners:
- Overall Champion
- Low Overall Gross & Net Amateur
- Women’s Open Champion
- Low Women’s Overall Gross & Net Champion
- Overall Men’s & Women’s Senior Gross Champion
- Premier Prizing for the top 5 Gross & Net Scores in each flight
54-Hole Championship Entry Fees
- VGT Majors Member: $400+GST ($420.00)
- Non-Major Member: $450+GST ($472.50)
- PGA Members: $450+GST ($472.50)
- Non-Carded Pro: $550+GST ($577.50)
- VGT Member: $285+GST ($299.25)
- Non-Member: $305+GST ($320.25)