April 18, 2020
JM MEDIA GROUP VGT MASTERS – NOW ‘SANDPIPER OPEN’
Dear VGT Players:
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Morgan Creek ownership group has made a late decision (due to the Covid-19) to limit play at their golf course to their Members and Players Club holders only until further notice. Their management team sends their sincerest apologies to those players who were registered for our Opening Event as they know how excited you all were to get back into tournament play. We aim to re-schedule an event with Morgan Creek later in the season when the time is right.
With so few courses currently open and with such short notice, unfortunately April 23 & 24th are solidly booked up elsewhere. However, we have been able to make arrangements to launch our Opening Event on Monday, April 27th & Tuesday, April 28th at Sandpiper Golf Course (April 27 for the one day 18 hole event). We understand this may influence your decision to play and you may not be able to play and we fully understand that. All players who stay registered for the Opening Event will now receive a BONUS pair of 2UNDR Premium Briefs for their continued support of the event.
We appreciate your patience with particulars of our upcoming 2020 schedule given these trying times. We have an exciting schedule of confirmed venues rolling out in the upcoming weeks. Stay tuned for an announcement with these details!
In order to avoid confusion, we need to hear back from all players replying that YES, you still are able to play at Sandpiper or NO, you are going to have to withdraw and therefore will get a full refund of your entry if you have paid. We ask that you let us know no later than APRIL 21 AT NOON, the earlier he better. If we don’t’ hear from you by then, we will remove you from the tournament at Sandpiper and refund your entry if you have paid.
The Opening event is really popular and we had a large waitlist at the Morgan event, so if you want to play let us know as soon as you can please. Members will have priority registration until April 20 at 6PM so non-members are not confirmed until after that. And just a reminder that everyone must pay in advance for tournaments now, so if you want to play at Sandpiper and haven’t yet paid, please do so.
Any questions, please respond to email@example.com.
We are doing our best under these challenging times and we really appreciate your support. Thanks so much and see you all soon!
President & Commissioner
Vancouver Golf Tour
April 14, 2020
VANCOUVER GOLF TOUR (VGT)
OPERATIONAL CHANGES EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY – RE: COVID-19
Dear VGT Golfers:
With a number of golf courses opening based on our Provinces’ guidelines around Covid-19, we have now decided to commence our 2020 VGT Tournament Schedule. We have not taken this decision lightly. A number of safety measures and procedures will be put in place to ensure everyone is safe and healthy this season.
Please note that if you choose to play any events with us, that you do so entirely at your own risk and will not hold VGT responsible for any damages. By registering and playing any VGT event, you acknowledge that you have agreed to all VGT’s policies and procedures as fully outlined on our website under About/Policies and Procedures and in the provided information in this document.
With Morgan Creek opening its doors to its members today, we will officially launch our 2020 season Thursday, April 23rd at Morgan Creek Golf Course with the JM MEDIA VGT MASTERS.
Morgan Creek are planning on opening to Player’s Club Members this weekend subject to any announcements from provincial health authorities. We will send an email out over the weekend about possible practice round opportunities and rate for next M-W for those who are registered for the VGT Masters but who are not Morgan Creek or Player’s Club Members.
Pre-registration for this event is available immediately thru the Golf Genius Player’s App for our members. If you have not yet joined VGT, you can register for this event by accepting our email invite that will be sent out tomorrow morning.
One email will be sent to A&B flight players for our 18-Hole event on April 23rd and a separate email will be sent to our Pros & Championship Flight players for our 36-Hole event on April 23-24th.
2020 EVENT REGISTRATIONS
For all future 2020 events, email invitations will be sent regularly to players through GOLF GENIUS and will include any revised event dates and details. To register for an event, simply click “playing” on the email invitation and follow-up with payment by the deadline either at www.vancouvergolftour.com/payment or by sending an E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not want to play, simply select “not playing” for that event and you will stop receiving further invitations for this event.
All confirmed players will receive an email approximately 4 days prior to the event giving you an opportunity to withdraw without penalties. Please pay attention to these emails titled “YOU ARE REGISTERED”. See our website under About/Policies and Procedures for penalties. If you withdraw on time, your entry will be fully refunded.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE
- NO CASH WLL BE TAKEN AT REGISTRATION (no exceptions)
Once you register on golf genius or accept the invite to play, you must make your payment in order to be confirmed in the tournament. Members will have priority into events until the registration deadline. Those deadlines to register (and pay) are noted on the invitation or tournament details on the website (typically 4-6 days out).
Please note that you will be sent one reminder to pay and if not received by the specified deadline, you will be moved to the waitlist until payment is received.
You have two online options to pay: E-transfer or credit card.
To pay by E-transfer:
- Send the amount specified in the invitation according to your status. Ie: Professional or Amateur and Member or Non-Member, to email@example.com. Your completed E-transfer will be your receipt and proof of payment.
To pay by credit card:
- Got to vancouvergolftour.com/payment and complete the registration form and payment details for the event you wish to play. Your credit card confirmation will be your receipt and proof of payment
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE AT THE COURSE
Players will be emailed the Conditions of Competition and/or pin sheets the day prior to that particular event. Please review them in advance, print a copy for yourself and bring with you to the event. If any questions come up, you may ask at registration on the day.
- Please disinfect your golf clubs with soap and water.
- Please pack your own food & drink in case the clubhouse will not offer window service at the turn.
- We will not be providing water stations at our events at this time.
- No Caddies or fans are allowed at VGT events until further notice.
REGISTRATION AT THE COURSE
- Players should check in at registration upon arrival to claim their member gifts (if applicable).
- Social distancing measures will be in place all day and MUST be practiced. Please look for markers on the ground at registration that will be set up to facilitate safe distancing of 6 feet or more.
- No skins games will be played for the foreseeable future.
- Professionals should confirm their current email to firstname.lastname@example.org as all winnings will be sent out by e-transfers.
- Please consult with the host golf course to determine if range access will be available or not and plan your warm-up accordingly.
- We will be utilizing the GOLF GENIUS MOBILE APP to avoid any touch points with scorecards until further notice.
- Players will be emailed an access code to log-in to golf genius and use their phone to score for one of their playing partners.
- The ID will bring up the scorecard for the player you will keep score for.
- If you do not have the golf genius app installed on your phone, please download it now:
- You can also log-in to the day’s scorecard using the following URL:
https://www.golfleaguegenius.com/websites/189382/login and enter the GGID you are provided.
For players without a smartphone, we will ask you to score for your playing partner on a blank scorecard and sign/attest for their score on the LEFT SIDE of the card. Whether you have used the app or not, you will verify your own score by signing the RIGHT SIDE of your own card. No-one will need to exchange cards. Once all scores have been verified with our scoring team, players will drop their scorecard into a box provided on the final scoring table. Once players have left the scoring station, all scores are final.
ON THE COURSE
PLEASE READ and follow these precautions:
- No Caddies or fans are allowed at VGT events until further notice.
- Tee times will be more broadly spaced (12 to 15-minute intervals & 3-somes)
- No handshaking or elbow bumping is permitted. “Namaste” to say thanks at end of round…..OR just say thanks! 🙂
- Maintain at least six feet of separation from everyone at all times.
- Bring hand sanitizer and use as often as you can, especially before and after using any washrooms.
- No rakes are in the bunkers so please repair your footprints by using your feet. If a player’s ball ends up in a footprint or unmaintained area of the bunker, they are entitled to mark, lift and place within 6″ no closer to the hole. If a player’s ball is originally plugged in an unmaintained area of the bunker, they must re-plug the ball within 6″ no closer to the hole.
- The flag will remain in at all times – DO NOT REMOVE THE FLAG! Cups will be inserted upside down such that players can hole-out and pick the ball out of the cup without touching the pin.
- If you use a cart, only 1 player per cart is allowed and this must be arranged through the pro shop
- There are no ball washers available on the course
AFTER YOUR ROUND
A final scoring area will be established using social distancing measures whereby you can check your scores and your playing partner can attest them. You will be asked to re-read your scores to your playing partners and to our VGT Scoring Team for verification. Please sign your own score card on the LEFT SIDE to attest for your playing partner’s score (either entered on the APP or on your scorecard). Please sign your own scorecard on the RIGHT SIDE to verify your own score that has been read by your scorer. Drop your scorecard into the box provided when all scores are verified. Scoring will be final once you have left the scoring station.
PURSE AND PRIZING
- Amateur prizing will be announced at the end of each flight in the usual way. Prizing will be in the form of VGT Sponsor Credits as usual. No physical prizes will be presented at events for the foreseeable future and we recommend only winners of each flight stay for pictures.
- Professional winnings will be paid by e-transfer and so please confirm your email at registration. For larger amounts, a cheque may be required due to the limitations of the Interac system. We are working to get these limits raised for larger events.
Golf is a great game and offers physical and mental reprieves, especially during this challenging time. But we must play responsibly and adhere to the above procedures.
PLEASE DO NOT PLAY IN VGT EVENTS IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO THE ABOVE PROCEDURES. PLAYERS WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO THE ABOVE OPERATIONAL PROCEDURES, WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY ANY FUTURE VGT EVENTS.
If you have any questions, please contact us as follows:
- Tee times, handicaps, rules and golf procedural questions, please contact us at email@example.com
- Registration and payment questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and stay safe. We are excited to get the season started and to see you all back on the course!
March 24, 2020
Notice to VGT Players: Covid-19 Virus & (tentative) Event Invites
These are unprecedented times for all of us. I hope everyone is staying healthy are being safe, spending time with loved ones at home so we can put a stop to the spread and get back to business as usual.
Those who do not have a choice and are in essential services, thank-you for your service around the clock to keep us feeling safe, whether it risking your lives in the emergency room or keeping our shelves stocked at our supermarkets.
The past few days and weeks have been difficult for all of us. Personally for our VGT team, seeing the largest enrollment ever (300+) for our first two events (Grupo Bimbo BC Match Play & the Brad Garside Open), and not being able to push GO, this was heartbreaking. Our team was so excited to start our 14th season with you and I know you all must be equally as frustrated to have this opportunity ripped away from you due to this Covid-19 epidemic.
Please know our team is READY TO GO as soon as we are given the green light to be playing golf safely again.
As long as it is possible to do so safely, we plan on launching the 2020 VGT season on April 23rd at our 1st Major of the year, the JM Media Group VGT Masters at Morgan Creek Golf Course.
When we are given the green light to do so, we will have safety measures in place at our events to practice proper social distancing and ensure the safety of all players and team members.
We have the technology and will set-up our players up to do their own electronic scoring to eliminate the sharing or touching of scorecards. Rule sheets and pin sheets will be sent electronically the day before, and every player will be asked to pay in advance to eliminate any risk to our players or our VGT Team.
For the time being, we will continue to send event invites through Golf Genius for our events from April 23rd and beyond. We will leave the payment portal closed for now until we know 100% that we are moving forward with our events. When we are certain, the payment link will be opened up and players will be asked to pay online or to send an e-transfer.
If you plan on playing in an event, please accept the invite to play, and if the circumstances allow us to be back on course with you at that time, we will issue an email to this effect. If we have to cancel an event, we will also issue an email no later than 7 days out.
Whenever we are given the green light to commence, it will be an amazing 2020 season. I can guarantee you that!
For the time being, please be safe, stay healthy, and stay inside unless completely necessary and we will get through this Covid-19 crisis together!
For those members who have not yet picked up their 2020 membership card & welcome gifts (or recent Winter Tour prize orders), please reach out by email to make arrangements for these to be picked up safely (now or at a later time). We can understand if you wish to stay off the road at this time, and will arrange for all gifts and prizes to be made available at your first VGT event, or here in Burnaby for pickup when the time is right.
March 18, 2020
Is Golfing Safe Amid COVID-19
I think we can all agree we are in unchartered waters in recent weeks with the COVID-19 outbreak. It is a troubling time for sure and our thoughts go out to those individuals, families and businesses that have been affected by this horrible virus.
Amid all of the recent recommendations being handed down by our Ministry of Health, we had no choice but to put our season ‘on pause’ until further notice. We are patiently waiting for the time when group settings of 100 or more is a safe time based on the recommendations of our Ministry of Health.
In the meantime, I think many of you as passionate golfers are wondering “Is it Safe to play golf” in these troubling times.
I want to share a link from a Golf Digest article that hopefully helps you answer this question “Is it Safe to Golf amidst the COVID-19 virus outbreak”.
The article reads YES YOU CAN PLAY GOLF SAFELY WITH PROPER PRECAUTIONS. If you are considering getting out to the golf course, please read so you can make this decision for yourself and be aware of do’s and dont’s when golfing at this time:
So amid this COVID-19 crisis, we have some good news. EARLY BIRD PRICING for the TSN 1040 Vancouver Discount Golf Card has been held at $54.95 (reduced from $59.95).
Today, we are offering a $50E-Transfer special to our VGT Members (including tax).
To purchase the card at this special price, please follow the link below, complete the online form and instead of paying online with credit card, follow-up by sending $50 to email@example.com and your card will be sent in the mail today!
The TSN 1040 sponsored VANCOUVER DISCOUNT GOLF CARD has over $4,000 in green fee savings at 30 Lower Mainland and Washington State Golf Courses.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE 2020 GOLF COURSE PARTNERS:
- Big Sky Golf Club
- Westwood Plateau Golf & Country Club
- Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
- Meadow Gardens Golf Club
- Sandpiper Golf Course
- Pitt Meadows Golf Club
- Surrey Golf Course
- Chilliwack Golf & Country Club
CLICK HERE TO SEE A FULL LIST OF 2020 GOLF COURSE PARTNERS & OFFERS!
If you make the decision to get out and play, please be safe and take the necessary precautions to help contain the spread of the COVID-19 Virus.
Good Golfing and Looking forward to seeing you all on the links this year!
President & Commissioner
Vancouver Golf Tour
Co-Host, TSN 1040 Sunday Morning Golf Show
UPDATE: March 16, 2020
To VGT Team and Players: At This Time VGT will PAUSE.
After closely following the rapidly changing Covid-19 concerns and the Ministry of Health Guidelines, (particularly today announcing a recommendation to cancel all events and gatherings with 50 people or more), we have decided to postpone the start of the 2020 VGT Season for the health and safety of our VGT team, our volunteers, our players and our community.
We do not take this position lightly and know that some of you will not share our views, but we feel it is in our best interests to take this step at this time in order to help reduce the spread of the Covid-19 virus.
We are unable to provide a definite start date to our season at this time but can advise that it will be no earlier than April 23rd at the JM Media VGT Masters at Morgan Creek. All player tournament entries paid to date for events earlier than this will be refunded as promptly as possible.
With our first two events, the BRAD GARSIDE OPEN and the GRUPO BIMBO BC MATCH PLAY completely sold out, we will attempt to re-schedule these events at a later time in the season for the benefit of all our golfers to have our VGT season close on a very high note!
We will provide further updates closer to the April 23rd date to confirm the start or to announce further postponements of our season’s start. Thank you all for your patience and understanding in these unprecedented times. We hope all of you, your families and your friends, are healthy and stay safe.
Vancouver Golf Tour