VANCOUVER GOLF TOUR
For Immediate Release – Vancouver, BC / Feb.14, 2014
Starting Monday, March 24th with the always sold out BRAD GARSIDE OPEN at Morgan Creek Golf Course, the VGT will offer both Pros and Amateurs a total of 30 Championship events to play in 2014.
“I am extremely excited about some of the announcements in store for our players this year” commented VGT Commissioner Fraser Mulholland. “Not only do we have some fabulous new events on our 2014 calendar, but we have negotiated some extremely great incentives and bonuses for our members to join the tour this year. We have a lot of great businesses and people to thank who have continued to sponsor and partner with the VGT and help us elevate the game of golf here in the Lower Mainland”. (See Sponsors here)
Through the end of the Vancouver Golf & Travel Show at the PNE, we are proud to announce that VGT is offering its Amateur Members over $200 in Welcome Gifts for joining the tour (JOIN HERE).
“We are excited to launch our largest schedule of events to date” stated VGT Commissioner Fraser Mulholland. We have some great NEW EVENTS on our calendar thanks to some amazing partners and golf courses in our region. Thanks to all of our supporters, VGT will be expanding our tour in a few ways, including the addition of a 7th VGT MAJOR, a NEW SENIOR and LADIES DIVISION as well as introducing a NEW APPRENTICE PRO DIVISION for young pros to learn to win before they take on the TOUR DIVISION Professionals”.
Here is a comprehensive look at what VGT has in store for 2014:
2014 VGT MEMBERSHIP
- Over $200 in SIGN-UP BONUSES at NO ADDITIONAL COST if signed up with payment by Feb.16th
- NIKE PULLOVER ($100 retail value)
- THE “SPORTS TALK” BC DISCOUNT GOLF CARD (offering 2-for-1 golf at various BC Golf courses) ($59 value)
- 6 SRIXON Z-STAR (3) BALLS ($25 value)
- TWO DAYS OF FREE PARKING WITH PARK’N’FLY AT YVR and 25% off all future YVR Park’nfly parking ($50 value)
- TWO X $10 VGT Guest Credits ($20 value)
- New “GOLF GENIUS” Membership and Scoring Software
- Players can register from the player app without logging in and out, so no need to remember passwords.
- Players will have access to the LIVE LEADERBOARD thru the player App
- Interactive social platform for players to post event pictures and keep track of their profile
- LIVE LEADERBOARD displays on course for players to watch their progress
NEW MEDIA PARTNERSHIP WITH DAN RUSSELL’S AM650 SPORTS TALK RADIO SHOW
VGT is extremely excited to sign a new media partnership in 2014 with DAN RUSSELL’S SPORTS TALK SHOW on AM650 Radio. “Partnering with Dan and his ever-popular SPORTS TALK Show is going to be an amazing thing for the VGT and for golf in general” stated Mulholland. “SPORTS TALK run’s 5 nights/week (Sun-Thurs) in a great timeslot for sports fans (from 9pm-12am). Dan has such a great following and has made a commitment to promoting GOLF twice-weekly on his show, which is great news for the golf industry. I am privileged to be given a guest spot on the SHOW throughout the year as an ambassador of golf and keep everyone up-to-date on all things golf, including any successes our VGT and other Canadian players are having out on tour. The GOLF SHOW will keep you up to date on all of the weekly Major & VGT Tour results, equipment, gadgets, technologies and golf course developments throughout the season. The GOLF SHOW will launch in the first week of March, so set your dials to AM650 and TUNE-IN!!!
30 CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
- March 24th-September 30th – See Draft Schedule
- TWO DIVISIONS (OPEN & NET) for the 2014 CANADA BREAD BC MATCH PLAY. (Qualifying is at the end of March)
- NEW “FRASER VALLEY OPEN” to LAUNCH Aug.29th – Sept.1st, 2014
- INAUGURAL “CONNOR RICHEY MEMORIAL” – Sept.11,12th @ Sunshine Coast Golf & C.C.
- Over $10,000 in Year-end Order of Merit Awards & Prizes
- Over ½ $MILLION in PRO MONEY and AMATEUR PRIZES ($400,000 in Pro Purses & $150,000 in Amateur Prizing)**
7 VGT MAJORS SERIES EVENTS
- May 1st – June 25th
- Five x 36-Hole Events ($25,000-$30,000)**
- Two x 54 Hole Events ($34,500-$100,000)**
NEW SENIOR DIVISION
- 50 Years & up (Pro & Amateur)
- A minimum of 12 VGT events to feature Senior Division
NEW WOMEN’S DIVISION
- Pro & Amateur
- A minimum of 12 VGT events to feature Women’s Division
TWO PROFESSIONAL DIVISIONS
- “TOUR DIVISION”
- NEW “APPRENTICE PRO” DIVISION
- Reduced Membership Fee
- Separate Purses & Order of Merit
**Based on projected full field events
No doubt this is going to be another great year of developing local golf talent on the Vancouver Golf Tour. We are excited to see who will be the next VGT player to step into the shoes of the likes of Adam Hadwin or Nick Taylor. And we will be watching the WEB.COM TOUR with great interest as 7 of VGT’s alumni will be playing on the WEB.COM with some status this year. Good luck to all of these BC locals (Adam, Nick, Roger Sloan, Riley Wheeldon, Eugene Wong, Devin Carrey, Justin Shin).
I am looking forward to another incredible year out on the VGT with everyone!
See you all on MARCH 24th at PAGODA RIDGE!!
Vancouver Golf Tour