2019-20 Winter Tour Schedule
- This event has passed.
2UNDR Amateur Spring Championship
June 8, 2019 - June 9, 2019
2019 2UNDR Spring Championship
presented by LINKSOUL APPAREL
A Part of the MAUI JIM Women’s Series
Northview Golf & CC | Sat/Sun, June 8/9, 2019
The 2UNDR SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP is a 36-Hole stroke play Championship for male and female Amateur Golfers (with Golf Canada Registered factor of 18.0 or less).
The event is contested at Northview Canal Golf Club (round one) and Northview Ridge Course (Round two).
Full Field Size: 100 players
Five Amateur Divisions:
- Flight A
- Flight B
- Women's Open
- Senior (55+ years)
- A total of 30 Prizes will be awarded based on a full field of 100 golfers.
- The top Gross & Top Net Scores in each flight will prize out (alternating Gross and Net).
- The Top Gross score in each flight will also win a personalized Championship Plaque.
(*Must be a minimum of 5 players entered to qualify for Senior Division. If not, Senior men will compete in their own flight versus the men off an equitable tee-length.)
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
OVER $4,000 in Premium Amateur Prizing & Prize Credits*
*With Full field of 100 players
*Must be a minimum of 5 players signed up in each division to hold separate division.
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAXX / ECOVESSEL + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18 holes at Northview - Canal Course ($80 value)
- 18 holes at Northview - Ridge Course ($90 value)
- Lunch served both days of event ($20)
- Tee Gift = Choice of Pair of 2UNDR briefs or LINKSOUL hat.
- Over $7,000 in tee-Gifts & Prizing ($70 value/player)
- Driving Range Warm-up both days ($6)
- Top 30% of Field wins prizing – Alternating Gross and Net Scores in all 3 flights
- Trophies awarded to players for Overall Gross in all 5 Divisions*.
- Opportunity to play in skins game and Hole-in-one Jackpots! ($5,000 and $1,000 as of April 11th)
- Professionally managed tournaments with Golf Canada Officiating & Announcing on 1st Tee
- Live Scoring on Digital Screens at the 9th green and 18th.
The event is open to all Amateur Golfers with a valid Golf Canada or USGA handicap card. Members will have until registration deadline to confirm their registration for this event thru their Golf Genius member profile. If the event is not full with members at such a time, all non-members who have pre-registered will be admitted into the field.
- AM VGT Member: $225+GST = $236.25
- AM Non-Member: $250+GST = $262.50
*To avoid online payment handling fees, players may send in e-transfer payments:
- E-transfer payments are to be sent to email@example.com.
- Please use the password: ‘Vancouver’.
Online Payment: https://vancouvergolftour.com/payment/
*Cash or cheque payments can be made by members in good standing at registration on Day 1 of the tournament. Please have correct change if you are paying by cash.
TUESDAY, JUNE 4 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Tee times start at 11:00 both days
Course Details & Location
World-renowned golf course architect and seven-time major tournament champion Arnold Palmer designed both of these 18-hole courses. The Ridge Course consists of 6,900 yards of gently rising terrain, meandering streams and deep, cold lakes. And the Canal Course measures over 7,000 yards from the Championship Tees and offers plenty of challenges both on the greens and with the meandering canals throughout the golf course.
6857 – 168th Street Surrey, BC V3S 8E7
Pro Shop: (604)576-4653
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit ($7,500 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Travis Mathew Apparel)
- Includes a FREE FLIGHT + 2 FREE WEEKLY GROUNDS PASSES to watch a 2019-20 PGA TOUR EVENT (does not include Majors)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.