2013 FLORA AASEN ALZHEIMER’S PRO-AM
Richmond Country Club
August 12, 2013
Tournament in Review
Seymour Creek’s Lead Teaching Professional Bryn Parry proved again that he is one very tough man to beat on any day, shooting an impressive round of 66 (-6) at the always challenging Richmond Country Club. Not only did Parry win convincingly by 3 shots (over Kendal Yonomoto), but he made it 2 consecutive wins at the Richmond Country Club in as many VGT events played there (winning the Hadassah Wizo Charity Pro-am back in July).
After missing out on playing the Golden Ears Open (For good reason, as he was playing the RBC CANADIAN OPEN), Parry missed out on the opportunity to pick up some valuable CLEVELAND/SRIXON (VGT) ORDER OF MERIT Points at the Golden Ears. And with Ryan Williams on his heels coming 2nd place at the Golden Ears to Kevin Stinson, Parry was in the hot seat to keep the pedal down and keep the margin a healthy one with only a couple of events remaining on the VGT schedule.
And with his win he did just that. Parry rattled off 5 birdies and an eagle on 18 (for the skin) to offset one bogey en route to his 3rd straight win on the Vancouver Golf Tour! The 1,500 points he collected puts him a comfortable lead on the CLEVELAND/SRIXON Order of merit, 2,700 points ahead of 2nd place Nick Taylor and 3,600 points ahead of 3rd place Ryan Williams.
This year’s Order of Merit winner at the end of the WOODLAND GOLF VGT TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP will take home a $2,500 Order of Merit Bonus to go towards the Q-School of their choice! VGT will pay out another $5,000 in year-end player awards, including $2,500 in Player Bonuses to CLEVELAND/SRIXON Team players, a $1,500 Most Improved Player Award sponsored by PAINE EDMONDS LAWYERS and a $1,000 Rookie of the Year Award Presented by MARKETPLACE IGA!
TOP 5 PROFESSIONAL RESULTS ($10,000 TOTAL PURSE)
Jared Rempel (Srixon)
Kevin Stinson (SRIXON)
TOP 5 TEAM RESULTS
- Parry, Williams, Goel, Weiss |95
- Petts, Myres, Fedyk, Dick | 94*
- Grabowski, Biggs, Dahl, Dolo | 94
- Cordes, Hale, Adams, Pastrick | 89*
- Heath, Skelly, Bevilacqua, Liang | 89
*Ties decided by Golf Canada Retrogression
VGT would like to thank the following people who, without their support, the 2013 Flora Aasen Memorial Pro-am would not have been such a huge success:
FLORA AASEN PRO-AM SPONSORS
GETZ PRINCE WELLS LLP
Taylor Made – Adidas | Westwood Chiropractic & Massage | One Designs | Ping |Quivana | Revis Building Maintenance | Sokela Restaurant & Lounge | 3D Golf Performance | Odlum Brown
- BC Alzheimer’s Society Committee (Great work Erin Fawcett and your team)
- Mark Strong – Richmond Country Club Head Professional & your Pro-shop team. (Thanks again for making our day run so smoothly!)
- Dave Wood – Richmond Country Club GM (Continued thanks for the support of the 2 Pro-am events on our schedule. Please pass on our sincere thanks to your members for supporting this great event. Your members should be very proud of your golf course shining so brightly for 2 of the most successful Pro-ams in BC!!).
- Rick Scott – Richmond Country Club Head Superintendent (Absolutely pristine fairways and greens once again! Now if I could only find a few more in regulation! 🙂
- Chris Woodburn – Food & Beverage Manager and all banquet staff (A gorgeous meal and first class service from your staff)
- VGT Team members (Another great event by the course set-up and scoring team – Mike, Al, Brian, Bill, Chester. We could not do it without each and every one of you!)
Final thanks to the tireless work of all the Flora Aasen Committee members (John, Reg, Sal & team) who continue to raise serious funds for the Alzheimer’s Society of BC. Congratulations to all of you for doing such great work for the Charity the past 12 years, raising over $400,000 to fund research, support, education and advocacy services for the Charity!
[ez_btn color=”blue” url=”https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.486533851436166.1073741866.154059001350321&type=1&l=55aa40fcc6″ target=”_blank”]Click Here To View Event Photos[/ez_btn]
Flora Aasen Pro & Team Results