2UNDR Spring Championship | Northview Golf & CC | Sat-Sun, June 10-11, 2017
The 2UNDR Spring Championship is a 36-Hole stroke play Championship for male and female Amateur Golfers (with Golf Canada Registered factor of 18.0 or less). Players will play within one of 3 handicap flights: Championship (+3 to 5.0); Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0). The event is contested at Northview Canal Golf Club (round one) and Northview Ridge Course (Round two).
- Full Field Size: 100 Amateurs
- Four Amateur Flights: Championship / Flight A / Flight B / Women’s*
*Must be a minimum of 5 Women entered to qualify for Women’s Division. If not, Women will compete in their own flight versus the men off an equitable tee-length.
- Amateur Prizing: Over $4,000 in Amateur Prizing & Prize Credits (with full field)
- Amateur Payout: A total of 30 Prizes will be awarded based on a full field of 100 as follows:
The top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net Scores (alternating Gross and Net) in all 3 flights will make it to the prize table. The Top Gross score in each flight will also win a personalized Championship Plaque.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES
- GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR
- 2UNDR BRIEFS
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- BIG MAX PUSH CARTS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18 holes at Northview – Canal Course ($80 value)
- 18 holes at Northview – Ridge Course ($90 value)
- Lunch served both days of event ($20)
- Premium Tee-gift = A Pair of 2UNDR Men’s Premium briefs ($35 value)
- Prizes & Prize Credits valued at $4,000! ($40 value/player)
- Driving Range Warm-up both days ($6)
- Chance to qualify for Johnston Meier Insurance $1Million Shoot-out in KP contests during event.
- Top Gross and Net Scores in each flight win prizing
- Trophies awarded to players for Overall Gross in all 3 Amateur Flights.
- Chance to enter Skins game and Hole-in-one Progressive Jackpot! ($4200 as of April 11th)
The event is open to all Amateur Golfers with a valid Golf Canada or USGA handicap card. Members will have until May 30th, 2017 to confirm their registration for this event thru their Golf Genius member profile. If the event is not full with members at such a time, all non-members who have pre-registered will be admitted into the field.
- AM: VGT Member: $220 + GST
- AM: Non-Member: $250 + GST
TUESDAY, JUNE 6, 2017 at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Start at 10:00am both days with full field.
- If less than a full field, then 11am start.
(Subject to change based on field size.)
- 2016 Full Results: CLICK HERE
- 2016 Champion: Kevin Vigna | 146 (+2)
- Flight A Champion: William Murray | 158
- Flight B Champion: Leo Min | 163
Course Details & Location
World-renowned golf course architect and seven-time major tournament champion Arnold Palmer designed both of these 18-hole courses. The Ridge Course consists of 6,900 yards of gently rising terrain, meandering streams and deep, cold lakes. And the Canal Course measures over 7,000 yards from the Championship Tees and offers plenty of challenges both on the greens and with the meandering canals throughout the golf course.
6857 – 168th Street Surrey, BC V3S 8E7
Pro Shop: (604)576-4653
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 20th, 2017.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.