Major #1 – JM Media VGT Masters
April 23, 2020 - April 24, 2020
JM MEDIA VGT MASTERS
Major Series Event #1
Maui Jim Women’s Series Event #1
36-Hole Major | Morgan Creek Golf Course | Thu/Fri, April 23/24, 2020
TOTAL PRIZE PURSE: $15,000*
The JM MEDIA VGT MASTERS is a 36-Hole VGT MAJOR Stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Championship Amateurs (5.0 handicap factor or less) contested at Morgan Creek Golf Course.
This event is the 1st of 7 events on the MAUI JIM Women’s Series. Bonus cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the 7th Women’s Series event (Johnston Meier Insurance Vancouver Open).
This event is the 1st of 8 events on the VGT MAJORS SERIES. Bonus cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the 8th MAJORS SERIES event (Johnston Meier Insurance Vancouver Open).
Round 1: 7am Start. Starting order is Pros, Women’s Division, Champs
Round 2: 7am start. Leaders off at approx. 10:00am
- Three Divisions:
- Championship Amateur (+3.0 to 5.0)
- Women's Open (Pros + Amateurs 5.0 & under)
- Full Field Size: 84 (44 Pros & 40 Amateurs)
- Professional Purse: $13,000*. (*based on full field).
- First Place: $3,000*. Top 40% of Professional field will be paid out.
- Women’s Series Open Prizing: Pros & Amateurs will compete in same field. Pros will earn cash & Amateurs will earn prize credits.
- Championship Amateur Prizing: Based on a full field, the top 10 Amateurs GROSS SCORES will be awarded the following Sponsor Prize Credits:
- 1st Place: $500 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 2nd Place: $350 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 3rd Place: $275 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 4th Place: $200 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 5th Place: $175 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 6th Place: $150 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 7th Place: $125 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 8th Place: $100 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 9th Place: $75 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 10th Place: $50 Sponsor Prize Credits
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
Entry Fee Includes
- 36-Holes of tournament golf in 3-somes
- Green fees & junior donation (Pros)
- Welcome gift (Amateurs only)
- Driving Range Warm-up both days
- Discounted practice round rates (see below)
- One meal voucher per day of competition
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in Championship conditions
- Live 9-Hole and 16-Hole Leaderboard Scoring
- Unparalleled Professional Tournament Experience
- First Tee Announcing and Golf Canada Officiating
- Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit Event – $25,000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority entry will be given to VGT Members in both the Professional and Amateur field. However, Non-Members are eligible to play if the tournament field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline on April 19. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- 2019 Champion: Kevin Stinson (137) Winner of $3,000 cheque.
- 2019 Low Amateur: Cole Wilson (141) Winner of $450 VGT Prize Credit
- Full Results: https://vancouvergolftour.com/results/
- AM - VGT Member: $220 + GST = $231.00
- AM - Non-Member: $250 + GST = $262.50
- PRO - VGT Majors & Female VGT Members: $325 + GST* = $341.25
- PRO - VGT Member (non-Majors): $375 + GST* = $393.75
- PRO - PGA of Canada: $375 + GST* = $393.75
- PRO - Non-Carded (non-VGT): $425 + GST* = $446.25
*VGT is required to make a $10 donation per day per Pro ($20 total) to the Morgan Creek Junior Golf Program for all Professionals. This $20 has been built into your tournament entry fee so that we do not have to collect this at registration.
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
Tournament Payment / Registration
SUNDAY APRIL 19 at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Round 1: 7am Start. Pros, Women’s Division, Champ
- Round 2: 7am Start. Leaders off at approximately 10:00am.
Amateurs and non-carded VGT pros receive $10.00 off the posted rate, Monday to Friday after 12:00 pm, excluding holidays. PGA of BC carded pros are required to book through Tom Doull and make a $10 donation at the discretion of the golf course. Practice rounds can be played up to 7 days before the event.
Players must show either their 2020 VGT Membership Card or confirmation of payment for the VGT Masters event to receive preferred green fee price.
Course Details & Location
Great golf and good times are just a short putt from the big city, at Morgan Creek Golf Course in Surrey, BC. Morgan Creek is a spectacular golf course, open to the public all year round. We’re celebrating 20 years as one BC’s premier golf courses – and we’re more passionate than ever about giving our golfers the gift of an amazing experience.
Recognized as one of Vancouver’s top golf facilities, this is the place for golfers who want to hit the links year-round – whether you’re on your own or enjoying a little friendly golfing competition with 160 of your closest friends. (Around here, golf is always a big event).
Looking for a game with close friends at one of Golf Digest’s prized ‘Places to Play’? Are you a member looking to beat your best score? Checking out the perfect event venue for your next corporate, charity or private tournament? Whatever your reason, we’re glad you came. Enjoy a fun time at affordable rates at one of the best golf courses around and is just a short drive from Vancouver, Delta, New Westminster, Langley, and White Rock.
3500 Morgan Creek Way
Surrey, BC V3Z 0J7
Phone: (604) 531-4653
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
VGT MAJORS SERIES: 36-Hole OOM Point Structure
Order of Merit (OOM) points from this event will count towards the Majors Series Order of Merit as follows:
Professional OOM ($16,500 in Year-End Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- $10,000 JM MEDIA GROUP – RACE TO THE Q-SCHOOL!!
- Two (2) x $5,000 Awards sponsored by JM MEDIA GROUP
- These 2 awards must be used for Q-School Entry Fees and/or fees associated with Q-School (hotel, flights, etc)
- One award will be determined by points accumulated through the year on VGT (and other global tours). The 2nd Award will be a Sponsor Committee’s Pick.
- $2,500 Majors Series Bonus – Based on Results from the 8 VGT Majors in 2020.
- Four (4) x $1,000 Awards:
- $1,000 Most Improved Player
- $1,000 Rookie of the Year
- $1,000 SRIXON Staff Player of the Year
- $1,000 Maui Jim Women’s Series “Player of the Year”
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
- TOP PROFESSIONAL: $1,000 CASH AWARD
- Must play in a minimum of 5 MAUI JIM WOMEN’SSERIES events to be eligible.
- TOP AMATEUR: $500 PRIZE CREDIT
Amateur Order of Merit ($8,500 in Prizing!)
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top 10 players in Champ, Flight A, Flight B win prizes
- 1st Place: $1,000 prize/flight
- 2nd Place: $500 Prize/flight
- 3rd Place: $300/flt.
- 4th Place: $200/flight
- 10th Place: $30/flight.
- Top 5 players in Senior Division win prizes
- 1st Place: $500 prize
- 2nd Place: $300 prize
- 3rd Place: $200 prize
- Top 3 Amateurs in Maui Jim Women’s Series win prizes – Sponsored by Maui Jim
- 1st Place: $500 prize
- 2nd Place: $200 prize
- 3rd place: $100 prize
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.