2020 SUMMER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
2020 Johnston Meier Insurance Vancouver Open 54-Hole Championship
August 28, 2020 - August 30, 2020
2020 JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE AGENCIES
JM MEDIA GROUP
54-Hole Championship Event
August 28-30, 2020
NICKEL HEATING & VENTILATION
$100,000* in CASH & PRIZES
Visit VancouverOpen.ca for complete event details
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE. PLEASE CHECK OFTEN DUE TO THE FLUIDITY OF COVID-19 AND POSSIBILITIES OF POLICIES BEING REVISED.
Open to all Amateurs with current GOLF CANADA or USGA Handicap Factor of 18.0 or less (men) and 22.0 or less (women). Priority registration will given until Aug.14th to the top 10 players in each flight of 2019 Van Open + 2020 Vancouver Golf Tour Members.
Open for all Amateurs with Golf Canada handicap factor of 24.0 or less to play with one of VGT’s Premier Tour Professionals. The event will be a modified scramble format.
Open to all VGT, PGA of Canada, Mackenzie Tour Canada Professionals and “Mini-Tour” Professionals. Non-carded Professionals may be required to provide prior Amateur or Mini Tour playing records to verify their playing ability. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this information at time of submitting your entry. Priority registration will be given to 2020 VGT Members, past Van Open Champions + top 10 Pros in 2019 Van Open until Aug.14th, 2020. Eight special exemptions will be available and 30 non-exempt spots for Pros will be guaranteed on a first come, first paid basis. See more details below re: Exemptions.
VGT will send invites out to Professionals through golf genius for this event. There is a guaranteed purse up for grabs. Professionals who bring a fully paid team to the Pro-Am will have their entry fee waived for the Pro-Am.
54-Hole Cut Parameters
Approximately 50% of the Professional field + ties will make the cut to play Sunday.
If there are 5 or more female Professionals in the field, the top 50% of female Professionals + ties will make the cut to play Sunday.
If there are less than 5 female Professionals registered, they will compete against all male Professionals from an equitable distance (approx. 10-15% shorter).
If there are fewer than 5 Female Professionals in the field, the top 3 female Professionals will automatically make the cut to compete for the Overall Women’s Title vs. the female Championship Flight Amateurs in the field.
Approximately 60% of all Amateurs will make the cut to play Sunday as follows:
- Women’s Championship Flight: Approx. the top 60% of GROSS Scores make the cut
- Women’s Flight A: Approx. the top 60% of NET Scores make the cut
- Women’s Flight B: Approx. the top 60% of NET scores make the cut
- Men’s Championship Flight: Approx. the top 60% of GROSS Scores make the cut
- Men’s Flight A: Approx. the top 60% of GROSS Scores make the cut
- Men’s Flight B: Approx. the top 60% of NET Scores make the cut
- Senior Men’s Division (8.0 & less): Approx. the top 60% of GROSS Scores make the cut
- Senior Women’s Division: Approx. the top 60% of GROSS Scores make the cut
(If there are not a minimum of 5 players registered in either the Women’s Flight A or B, this flight will be combined into one flight and the cut will be determined by the top 60% of net scores)
(The Handicap parameters for Men’s & Women’s Champ, Flight A & B will be determined by taking the total # of male & female golfers in the field (not registered in senior division) and dividing by 3. For instance, 120 male amateurs registered (not in senior category), each flight will have 40 golfers & the handicap flight will be determined by the 40 players in each flight.
For VGT Order of Merit purposes, handicap flights will revert to the standard VGT parameters (5.0 & less) (5.1 to 10.0) (10.1 to 18.0) at the completion of the tournament and once prizing has been awarded.
Senior Division: sponsored by NICKEL HEATING & VENTILATION
Players wishing to compete for the Senior Championship are required to select “Senior Division” (55 years+; 8.0 & less) during the online registration process. If you choose to play in the Senior Division you will not be eligible to compete in your own flight for prizing.
If we do not receive notice of a player’s intention to play in the Senior Division at time of online registration, players will revert to their own handicap flight for determining the 54-hole cut and prizing in their own flight.
Pro Purse & Amateur Prizing
Pro Purse Totaling $55,000* (Based on Full Field of 100 Pros & 164 Amateurs)
*$50,000 Open Purse + $5,000 Pro-Am Purse
NOTE: The Pro Purse will be split between Men’s & Women’s Pro Divisions based on field size. For example, if 80 Male Pros & 20 Female Pros register, the Male Pro Purse = $40,000 & Women’s Pro Purse = $10,000 and vice versa.
The $5,000 Pro-Am purse will be paid out separately on Aug.26th.
Amateur Prizing: $45,000**
**Based on a total of $45,000 in tee-gifts & prize tables with full fields of amateurs in both the Charity Pro-am and in the 54-Hole Championship
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
54-Hole Championship Includes
- $25,000 in Premier Amateur Prizing & Tee-gifts
- $150/player in welcome gifts and prizing for All Amateur Competitors
- Bagged Lunch is provided each day you compete in the tournament (sandwich, drink, apple, cookie or snack bar)
- Guaranteed 36-holes of Championship Golf at Vancouver Park Board’s Premier City Courses:
- One (1) round at McCleery Golf Course
- One (1) round at Langara Golf Course
- Approximately 60% of the Amateur Field and 50% of the Professional field will be guaranteed to play 54-Holes of Competition including the final round at Fraserview Golf Course.
- If less than 100 Pros register, a higher % of amateurs will be included in the cut-line to play on Sunday. In 2019, there were 67 Pros registered and over 74% of all amateurs made the cut.
- Live Leaderboard scoring on the golf course & on VGT and Van Open Websites (please download the golf genius app (www.golfgenius.com)
- Driving range and short game warm-up is available to all competitors in the tournament field no more than 40 minutes prior to their tee-time.
- Awards presentation to the following winners at completion of the event:
- Overall Champion
- Overall Gross & Overall Net Amateur
- Women’s Open Champion
- Women’s Amateur Champion
- Overall Men’s & Women’s Senior Gross Champion
- $50/player is budgeted for the Amateur prize table.
- Top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net Scores will prize out in Men’s & Women’s A & B Flight (based on 40 players/flight)
- Top 10 Gross scores will prize out in Men’s & Women’s Championship Flight (based on 40 players/flight)
- Top 6 Gross scores will prize out in Men’s & Women’s Senior Division (based on 24 players/flight)
- Blue Tees: All Male Competitors
- White Tees: All Female Competitors
- Blue Tees: All Male Competitors
- White Tees: All Female Competitors
- Gold Tees: Male Professionals & (Non-Senior) Championship Amateurs
- Blue Tees: Men’s Senior Division (55+) + Flight A & B Male Golfers
- White Tees: Female Professionals & Championship Amateurs
- Red Tees: Female Flight A, B & Women’s Senior Division
- PRO - VGT Member: $450+GST = $472.50
- PRO - PGA Carded: $500+GST = $525.00
- PRO - Non-Carded (non-VGT): $550+GST = $577.50
- AM - VGT Member: $295+GST = $309.75
- AM - Non-Member: $320+GST = $336.00
SKINS GAME: Optional Skins game of $40/player. Please add $40 to your E-transfer if you wish to play in skins both days. Skins entry includes entry into the $5,000 Progressive Hole-in-one pots.
- Pros/Champ: Gross Skins
- A/B Flights: Net Skins
All Entry Fees must be paid in advance by E-transfer or CC!!
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
E-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com If prompted to give a security question & password, please email your password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
FRIDAY, AUGUST 14 at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first). Non-members are suggested to register with payment as early as possible.
Full Field: 264 golfers (164 amateurs; 100 Pros)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
YEAR END PLAYER AWARDS
Due to Covid-19 disrupting many of our sponsors’ commitments, all year-end player awards are TBC until further notice, other than some great news that JM MEDIA GROUP has committed to a $2,500 PRIZE for our Top Professional at the end of the VGT season. Please see below all Year-end Award announcements:
Professional Order Of Merit
Based on all Regular Season results:
- $2,500 JM MEDIA GROUP – PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD!
- One (1) x $2,500 Award sponsored by JM MEDIA GROUP
- This award must be used for Q-School Entry Fees and/or fees associated with Q-School (hotel, flights, etc)
- The award will be determined by points accumulated through the year on VGT (and other global tours).
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT AWARD – At this time is TBC
The top Professional for the entire VGT season earns a bonus (amount TBC) at the end of the 2020 Tour Championship. The previously posted $2,500 Q-School award is currently on hold due to Covid-19 possibly affecting Srixon's ability to support this bonus. As soon as we know either way, we will post what is going to be guaranteed for our Player of the Year.
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: BONUS TBC
At this time the $1,000 SRIXON/CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER BONUS is on hold until further notice. Players are still required to play a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for any SRIXON CASH BONUS made available at end of the year!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC!
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
At this time the Maui Jim Women's Division is on hold until further notice since Maui Jim's sponsorship for now is on hold. We will continue to keep the Women's Series Order of Merit Standings LIVE for those women who are competing and if Maui Jim gives us their commitment at some point in 2020, we will make an announcement at such a time.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.