2016 Swaneset Amateur | Swaneset Bay Resort Course | Saturday, May 21, 2016
PRESENTED BY K BELL SOCKS
The VGT SWAN-E-SET CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for Male and Female Amateur Golfers (0-18.0 GOLF CANADA factor). This tournament will have a Female Division if we have 5 or more women registered.
- Four Amateur Flights: Championship / Flight A / Flight B / Women’s
*5 or more female players required to qualify for a full women’s Division. If less than 5 then female golfers will compete in their own hdcp flight versus male golfers, but off an equitable tee of same rating and slope.
- Full Field Size: 80 players
- Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- IGA GIFT CARDS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- Green Fee & 18 Holes of Golf
- Sponsor Tee-gift
- On-Course Prizing sponsored by 2UNDR & K BELL
- KP Prizes: KP Winners in each flight win a pair of 2UNDR Men’s Briefs + Pair of K BELL Socks
- Range Warm-up
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Live Leader boards
- Gross & Net prizing
- Order of Merit Points – $6,000 in Year-end Prizing!
Priority will be given to VGT Members in the field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- 2015 Champion:
- Flight A Winner:
- Flight B Winner:
- 2015 Event Summary & Prizes: Click Here
- Amateur – VGT Member: $110+GST
- Amateur – Non-Member: $150+GST
TUESDAY MAY 17, at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
All members must confirm their entries through the Golf Genius Member area to be confirmed for all events. Even if you pay online, you must also confirm your entry thru Genius or you will not be entered into an event.
All non-members must confirm payment online in order for their entry to be considered for an event. Once the deadline for entry has been reached and the event is not full with members, non-member entries will be accepted on a priority based on date of event payment.
Tee times start at 12:00pm.
VGT Members are entitled to 15% off all regular priced Swaneset Bay Resort or Links Golf Course green fee rates. When checking into the pro-shop to pay, please ensure you present your 2016 VGT Membership card in order to qualify for the discount.
Course Details & Location
From the tranquil Pitt River Valley, Lee Trevino sculpted a unique Resort championship golf course at Swan-e-set that offers both challenge and playability for all skill levels. Complete with meandering streams, crystal-clear lakes and the breathtaking backdrop of the coastal mountains – and you have a truly outstanding golf opportunity.
16651 Rannie Road, Pitt Meadows
Golf Shop: (604) 465-3888
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Professional, Championship Amateur – Gross
- Flight A & B, Women’s Division – Alternating Gross & Net. Players will receive the highest (gross or net) point value for this event.
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit
Based on all Regular Season results:
- FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN EXEMPTION SPOT UP FOR GRABS!!
The CLEVELAND/SRIXON Order of Merit Leader at the end of the Chilliwack Major event on May 12th will earn an exemption into the MACKENZIE TOUR PGA TOUR Canada’s FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN event at Point Grey Golf & C.C.
- The SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER – $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2016 Tour Championship.
- 2016 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $2,500 Cash Bonus.
The VGT Majors Series starts on May 8 & 9 at the “Battle at the Bear” at Bear Mountain Resort & Spa and includes 6 multiple-day events as follows. At the end of the 2016 Petron Communications Pro-Am, the VGT Majors Series Order of Merit Winner will earn a guaranteed $2,500 Cash Bonus!
- May 8, 9th – Battle at the Bear
- May 12, 13th – Chilliwack Golf Club
- May 17, 18th – Pagoda Ridge/Royalwood
- June 14, 15th – Sandpiper Golf Course
- July 1-3rd – Johnston Meier Insurance VANCOUVER OPEN
- Aug.9, 10th – Petron Communications Lakepoint Pro-Am (Ft. St. John’s)
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 Staff Player Bonus
A $500 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’16 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($6000 in Prizing!)
Presented by Bermuda Sands Apparel
- At the end of the 2016 VGT Tour Championship, the Top 5 Amateurs in each Flight will share in over $6,000 in prizes!
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight. A “PGA TOUR FAN EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3RD PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4TH PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5TH PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 21st, 2016.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $10,000, it will be cut-off at $10,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $10,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $10,000. From the time the original purse reaches $10,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $10,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $10,000, and once the pot has reached $10,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.