2019-20 Winter Tour Schedule
- This event has passed.
Sonic Transport Open (Amateurs)
May 4, 2019 @ 10:00
2019 SONIC TRANSPORT OPEN | Northview Ridge Course | Saturday, May 4, 2019
The Sonic Transport Open is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Amateurs (0-18 RCGA factor).
- Five Amateur Divisions:
- Championship (0-5.0)
- Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Senior Amateur* (55+)
- Full Field Size: 100 players
- Amateur Prizing & Tee-gifting: $7,000 (based on 100 Amateurs)
- Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights
*5 or more female players required to qualify for a full women’s or Senior Division. When registering players must confirm they wish to play in either of these 2 Divisions. If less than 5 players in either of these flights, golfers will compete in their own hdcp flight versus male golfers, and off an equitable tee of same rating and slope.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN RAINWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAX PUSHCARTS & ACCESSORIES
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf
- Premier Tee-gift
- Driving Range warm-up
- Luncheon after round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Division
- On-Course contests (KP’s for each flight)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in tournament conditions
- Live Leaderboard Scoring
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – Over $7,500 in Year-end Amateur Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to VGT Members in the field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- AM VGT Member: $120+GST = $126.00*
- AM Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50*
*3% online fee applies.
To save online fees, use the e-transfer option below:
- e-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "V in VGT?" (Vancouver)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 1st at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
All members must confirm their entries through the Golf Genius Member area to be confirmed for all events. Even if you pay online, you must also confirm your entry thru Genius or you will not be entered into an event.
All non-members must confirm payment online in order for their entry to be considered for an event. Once the deadline for entry has been reached and the event is not full with members, non-member entries will be accepted on a priority based on date of event payment.
- Tee times start at 10:00-14:00. (Flight B, Flight A, Championship Flight)
- Blue Tees: Male Championship Flight + Flight A (6,600 yards)
- White Tees: Male Flight B & Senior Flight (6,200 yards)
- Combo White/Red: Female Championship Flight (5,800 yards)
- Red Tees: Female Flight A/B (5,500 yards)
VGT Members are entitled to a 10% discount off regular posted green fee rates 7 days a week. Players must present their 2019 VGT Membership card and be in good standing to qualify for green fee discounts.
Course Details & Location
World-renowned golf course architect and seven-time major tournament champion Arnold Palmer designed this 18-hole course. The Canal Course consists of 7,000 yards of gently rising terrain, and meandering streams and canals with exceptional conditions year-round.
6857 – 168th Street Surrey, BC V3S 8E7
Pro Shop: (604)576-4653
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
- Senior & Women’s Open Flight: Gross
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit ($7,500 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Travis Mathew Apparel)
- Includes a FREE FLIGHT + 2 FREE WEEKLY GROUNDS PASSES to watch a 2019-20 PGA TOUR EVENT (does not include Majors)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.