2018-19 Winter Tour Schedule Coming Soon!
- This event has passed.
Sandpiper Classic (Amateurs)
April 22, 2018
2018 VGT Sandpiper Classic | Sandpiper Golf Course | Sunday, April 22, 2018
PRESENTED BY K BELL SOCKS
The VGT SANDPIPER CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for Male and Female Amateur Golfers (0-18.0 GOLF CANADA factor).
- Four Amateur Flights:
- Championship (5.0/under)
- Senior Amateur (55+, 0-8.0)
- Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Full Field Size: 75 players
- Amateur Prize Purse: $3,000 (based on full field)
- Amateur Payout: Top 33% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights (Championship (5.0 or less), Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0), Senior (55 years or over; 0-8.0)
- Must be a minimum of five Senior Amateurs registered for there to be a separate Division for this event. If not, then players will play within their own division and handicap flight.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Sandpiper Golf Course
- Lunch after the round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Amateur Division ($40/player in prize pool)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Resort Courses!
- Live Leaderboard Scoring thru 9 holes & 18 holes
- Professionally managed with Golf Canada Officiating and announcing off first tee
- Players qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race. A chance to share in over $7,000 in Amateur Year-end Prizing including a PGA TOUR Fan Experience!
Priority will be given to VGT Amateur Members in good standing until the registration deadline. Non-Members Amateurs are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received with payment.
- Champ Gross: Cory Cleremont 71 (-1)
- Champ Net: Jeff Sheldon 71 (-1)
- Flight A Gross: Curtis Jordan 79 (+7)
- Flight A Net: Brad Heath 74 (+2)
- Flight B Gross: Peter Jones 81 (+9)
- Flight B Net: Mike Hayman 71 (-1)
Online Entry Fees
- AM - VGT Member: $120+GST
- AM - Non-Member: $150+GST
e-Transfer Entry Fees
- AM - VGT Member: $100+GST = $115.50
- AM - Non-Member: $140+GST = $147.00
Above pricing reflects a $10 SAVING if Paid by e-Transfer, or Members Pay Cash on the Day
e-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "The game we play?" (golf)
WEDNESDAY APRIL 18, at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
10:00am - 1:00pm. (Flight B, Flight A, Championship)
VGT Amateur Members:
- $10 off posted weekday rate (M-F after 12pm). Does not include holidays (must show your VGT Money Clip)
- Website Specials: CLICK TO VIEW
TSN 1040 Discount Card Rate: (Mon-Fri. Only) (purchase here)
- April 1 to Oct. 31: Mon - Fri only excluding holidays, 2 green fees for $80
- Nov. 1 - Mar 31: Sat/Sun and holidays, 2 green fees for $60
- Nov. 1 - Mar. 31: Mon to Fri only excluding holidays, 2 green fees for $50
Course Details & Location
Recent winner of the PGA of BC’s "Hidden Gem" awards, is located 75 minutes East of Vancouver and is open to the public 364 days a year. This par 72 course runs 6,500 yards from the back tees, and is gently sloped, featuring four sets of tees for all playing abilities. Canadian course designer, Russ Olsen, has done an amazing job of taking advantage of the spectacular water and mountain vistas when designing this masterpiece. Sandpiper Golf Course has played host to several Vancouver Golf Tour events, most notably the Canada Bread BC Match Play & the VGT’s Inaugural 36-Hole Major Series Event the ‘2013 VGT Sandpiper Open’.
Ted Swaine, Director of Golf Operations
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Senior AM - Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields for this event. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, money collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.