2020 SUMMER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
SOLD OUT: VGT Players Championship (18-Hole)
May 14, 2020 @ 12:00
2020 VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP 18-HOLE EVENT
Seniors (55+), Flight A & B Amateurs
Ledgeview Golf Club | Thursday, May 14, 2020
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
The VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for Flight A&B Amateurs (5.1 -18.0 Golf Canada factor), Female Golfers (5.1 to 18.0) and Senior Players (10.0 & under hdcp & 55+ years of age).
Four Amateur Divisions:
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Women's (A/B combined)
- Senior Am* (55+ years old)
*Must have minimum of 5 registered in each flight for prizing purposes.
Full Field Size: 60 players
Amateur Prizing: $2,400 (based on 60 Amateurs)
Amateur Payout: Top 33% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights
Women’s & Senior Division*: Results and payouts are based on Gross & Net scores! Players can only prize out in one or the other - their own handicap division or the Senior Division.
*NOTE: Must be a minimum of 5 players in Women's Division or Senior Division for there to be a separate division. Otherwise players will compete against golfers within their own flight. Female players will play an equitable yardage off the women's tees if they play against the male golfers in their division.
Order of Merit points will always be collected within a player’s own flight, not shared flighting!
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Tournament Golf at Ledgeview Golf Club
- 1 sleeve of (3) SRIXON Z-Star Balls
- $40/player in Amateur prize pool. Alternating Gross & Net prizing within each Division
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Private Courses in Championship Tournament Conditions
- Live Leaderboard Scoring
- Professionally managed with Golf Canada Officiating and announcing off first tee
- Players qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the Registration Deadline (May 10th).
Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- AM VGT/Ledgeview Member: $110+GST = $115.50
- AM Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
*ALL PLAYERS must pay in advance online either with Credit Card or by sending an E-Transfer.
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
*Players can AVOID online admin fees when paying by E-Transfer.
Tournament Payment / Registration
THURSDAY, MAY 7 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Tee times start at 12:00pm (Senior Div, Flight A/B)
Practice Rounds (TBC)
Practice Rounds are at TBC per player at available times for the club one week prior to the VGT Player's Championship event (May 6 to 13, 2020). Please contact the Golf Shop to book and let them know you are registered for the VGT Player’s Championship event to qualify for this rate. Players must either show their 2020 VGT membership card or show that they are registered for the event on golf genius (member) or a copy of their receipt for entry fee payment.
Course Details & Location
Ledgeview Golf Club is a must play 18-hole golf course featuring a premium picturesque layout and the highest quality greens and fairways. It is nestled high atop the city of Abbotsford and offers a challenging yet playable course enjoyed by average and competitive golfer alike. Home to PGA Tour players, Nick Taylor and Adam Hadwin and past Tour Stars Ray Stewart and James Lepp.
35997 McKee Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
General Phone: (604) 859-8993
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Women’s A/B Division – Alternating Gross & Net
- Men’s Senior Am. – Alternating Gross & Net
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.