2018-19 Winter Tour Schedule: View Now
- This event has passed.
Major #2 – VGT Player’s Championship
May 17, 2018 - May 18, 2018
Major #2: Player's Championship
Maui Jim Women’s Series – Event #2
36-Hole Major | Sandpiper/Chilliwack | May 17-18, 2018
TOTAL PRIZE PURSE: $13,500*
The VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP is a 36-Hole VGT MAJOR Stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Championship Amateurs (5.0 handicap factor or less) contested at Morgan Creek Golf Course.
This event is the 2nd of 6 events on the VGT MAJOR’S SERIES and the MAUI JIM WOMEN’S SERIES. Bonus cash and prizes will be awarded at the end of the Majors Series and the Women’s Series (at the Vancouver Open).
- Three Divisions:
- Championship Amateur. (+3.0 to 5.0)
- Women’s Open (Pros + Amateurs 5.0 & under)
- Full Field Size: 84 (44 Pros & 40 Amateurs)
- Professional Purse: $12,000*. (*based on full field).
- First Place: $2,500*. Top 33% of the Professional field will be paid out. *(based on full field)
- Women’s Series Open Prizing: Pros & Amateurs will compete in same field. Pros will earn cash & Amateurs will earn prize credits.
- Championship Amateur Prizing: Based on a full field, the top 10 Amateurs GROSS SCORES will be awarded the following Sponsor Prize Credits:
- 1st Place: $500 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 2nd Place: $350 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 3rd Place: $275 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 4th Place: $200 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 5th Place: $175 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 6th Place: $150 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 7th Place: $125 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 8th Place: $100 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 9th Place: $75 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 10th Place: $50 Sponsor Prize Credits
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAXX / ECOVESSEL + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- This event is included in the “Race for an Exemption” into the FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN on the MACKENZIE TOUR
- 36-Holes of tournament golf in 3-somes
- Driving Range Warm-up both days
- Discounted practice round rates
- One meal voucher / day of competition
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in Championship conditions
- Live On-course Leaderboard Scoring
- Unparalleled Professional Tournament Experience
- First Tee Announcing and Golf Canada Officiating
- Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit Event – Qualify for over $15,000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
- Maui Jim Women’s Series Order of Merit Event – Qualify for $1,500 in Series-ending Prizing
Priority entry will be given to VGT Members in both the Professional and Amateur field. However, Non-Members are eligible to play if the tournament field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- 2017 Champion:
- Seann Harlingten (-15)
- 2017 Low Amateur
- Cody Stewart (+3)* Playoff over Craig Titterington
- 2017 Event Recap: Click Here
e-Transfer Entry Fees
- PRO: VGT Majors & Female VGT Members: $300+GST = $315.00
- PRO: VGT Member (non-Major): $350+GST = $367.50
- PRO: Non-Member Female or PGA PRO: $350+GST = $367.50
- PRO: Non-Carded (non-VGT) Male: $400+GST = $420.00
- AM: VGT Member: $200+GST = $210.00
- AM: Non-VGT Member: $250+GST = $262.50
Above pricing reflects a $10 SAVING if Paid by e-Transfer, or Members Paying Cash on the Day
e-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "The game we play?" (golf)
Online Entry Fees
- PRO: VGT Majors & Female VGT Members: $310+GST
- PRO: VGT Member (non-Major): $360+GST
- PRO: Non-Member Female or PGA PRO: $360+GST
- PRO: Non-Carded (non-VGT) Male: $410+GST
- AM: VGT Member: $210+GST
- AM: Non-VGT Member: $260+GST
SUNDAY, MAY 13, 2018 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Round 1: 9:30am Start
- Round 2: 10am Start.
SANDPIPER GOLF COURSE
- Amateurs: Please contact Sandpiper Golf Course at 604.796.1000 to arrange a practice round. VGT Amateur Members are entitled to practice rounds at the VGT Preferred Rate of $35/player year round valid Monday-Friday excluding holidays after 12pm. (Taxes Extra)
- Professionals: Please contact General Manager Ted Swaine at 604.796.1000 or email Ted Swaine at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F.
CHILLIWACK GOLF CLUB
- 8 Week Membership opportunity from April 1 to May 31st - $300.00 including tax (see online brochure)
- Includes unlimited use of the practice facility
- Afternoon standby access to the golf course
- Please call Professional Colin Macintosh at the Chilliwack Golf shop at 604 823-6521 or 1-888-757-7222 to arrange for this membership opportunity.
- PGA Canada or Mackenzie Tour Members are asked to contact Colin MacIntosh at the Chilliwack Golf Shop to request one complimentary tee-time at a non-peak time.
- All other players, practice Rounds are at $25 + GST per player
Course Details & Location
SANDPIPER GOLF COURSE
Sandpiper Golf Course, recent winner of the PGA of BC’s “Hidden Gem” awards, is located 75 minutes East of Vancouver and is open to the public 364 days a year. This par 72 course runs 6,500 yards from the back tees, and is gently sloped, featuring four sets of tees for all playing abilities. Canadian course designer, Russ Olsen, has done an amazing job of taking advantage of the spectacular water and mountain vistas when designing this masterpiece. Sandpiper Golf Course has played host to several Vancouver Golf Tour events, most notably the 2013 Canada Bread BC Match Play & the VGT’s Inaugural 36-Hole Major Series Event the ‘2013 VGT Sandpiper Open’.
For more information, contact: Ted Swaine, General Manager
CHILLIWACK GOLF CLUB
The Chilliwack Golf Club, established in 1958, is a semi-private facility located between Chilliwack and Abbotsford, only 45 minutes from Vancouver. It features magnificent tree lined fairways, a creek that meanders through the back nine and breathtaking mountain vistas in every direction. Members and non-members have enjoyed the Fraser Valley’s most popular golf course for over 50 years. With a reputation for year round world class conditioning, Chilliwack has played host to every major Provincial Championship – and always to rave reviews.
Set against the stunning backdrop of the Cascade and Coastal Mountains, the Chilliwack Golf Club promises you a relaxing and enjoyable golf experience. In additional our fully stocked pro shop can accommodate all of your golfing needs, and our staff is dedicated to providing a warm and friendly atmosphere.
41894 Yale Road West, Chilliwack, BC V2R 4J3
Phone: (604) 823-6521
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
VGT Majors & Maui Jim Women's Series OOM Points
Order of Merit (OOM) points from this event will count towards the Majors Series Order of Merit as follows:
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,000 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN EXEMPTION FOR TOP VGT PROFESSIONAL!
The top VGT Member* on the SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit at the end of the VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP on May 18th will earn an exemption into the MACKENZIE TOUR’s FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN event at Point Grey Golf & C.C. (*Not already exempt into the F55 Financial Open).
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER: $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2018 Tour Championship.
- 2018 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT: $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 26 & 27 at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 8 multiple-day events below. At the end of the 2018 JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 26, 27: The VGT MASTERS
- May 17, 18: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- May 29, 30: WHISTLER OPEN
- June 23, 24: FIRST CLASS WASTE FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- June 30, July 1: TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 10, 11: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- August 18, 19: TOBIANO PRO-AM (Kamloops, BC)
- Sept 21 - 23: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’18 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Presented by the TSN DISCOUNT GOLF CARD! $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- FEMALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: $500 BONUS!
There must be minimum of 10 female 'OPEN DIVISION' Members for award to be given out.
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
- TOP PROFESSIONAL: $1,000 CASH AWARD
- TOP AMATEUR: $500 PRIZE CREDIT
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE/per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE/per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE/per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE/per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE/per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE/per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE/per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE/per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE/per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.