2020-21 WINTER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
2020 VGT Pagoda Ridge Open
September 16, 2020 @ 09:30
2020 VGT PAGODA RIDGE OPEN
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course | Wednesday September 16, 2020
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
The VGT PAGODA RIDGE OPEN is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs with a certified GOLF CANADA or USGA hdcp factor (18.0 or less).
- Professional Division
- Women’s Open Division* (5.0 & less)
- Women's A/B Division (5.1 to 22.0)
- Men's Championship (5.0 & less)
- Men's Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Men's Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior* (55+)
Amateur Prize Purse: $2,400 (based on 60 Amateurs)
Professional Purse: $6,000 (based on 40 Pros). Top 35% of Pro field will be paid out.
Full Field Size: 100 players (40 Pros / 60 Amateurs)
Women’s Open Division: Results and payouts are based on Gross Scores
Women’s A/B Flight: Results are based on Net scores.
Senior Division*: The top 1 Gross & top 1 Net Senior Scores will earn prizing.
Senior Champ Flight Players: If a Senior Champ Flight Player does not want to compete vs. non-Senior Champ Flight players, they will play off hybrid tees & will not be eligible for regular Champ Flight Prizing.
*Senior A/B Players can only prize out in one or the other - their own handicap division or the Senior Division. They will win the higher valued prize.
Amateur Prizing: $40/player goes into prize credits. Based on full field = $2,400 prizing.
Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 Field in each flight will be paid out via prize credits.
NOTE: The Women's & Senior Divisions will run with 5 or more players in each Division. If less than 5 players in either Women's Division, female golfers will compete in their own flight vs. male golfers from an equitable yardage. If less than 5 Senior Division players, those Senior players will compete in their own flight against non-senior players.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year: (Players have until Oct.30, 2020 to cash in their credits)
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
- $6,000 Pro Purse (based on 40 pros)
- $40/player budgeted for Amateur Prizing
- Boxed lunch between nines or after round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Amateur Division
- A chance to compete in Skins Game & Hole-in-one Jackpots (Two $5,000 Jackpots as of July 14th)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in tournament conditions
- Live Leaderboard Scoring
- Professionally Managed Event with Golf Canada Officiating & Official Starter on 1st tee
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – Year-end Amateur & Professional Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to VGT Members in the field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- AM - VGT Member: $120+GST = $126.00
- AM - Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
- PRO - VGT Member: $160+GST = $168.00
- PRO - Non-Member: $200+GST = $210.00
All Entry Fees must be paid in advance by E-transfer or CC!!
All players will be placed on the wait list until payment is received. Non-members will be placed on the waitlist until the registration deadline and admitted in order of payment received if the event is not full with members.
Skins Game (optional)
Please add $20 to your E-transfer if you are playing in the Skins Game.
There are two skins games: Pros/Champ Flight: GROSS. A/B Flight: NET. Skins payment must be received by 6pm the night before to be eligible.
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
E-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com. If prompted to give a security question & password, please email your password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
*Players can AVOID online admin fees when paying by E-Transfer.
All members must confirm their entries through the Golf Genius Member area to be confirmed for all events. Even if you pay online, you must also confirm your entry thru the round sign-up on Golf Genius or accept the email invitation, or you will not be entered into an event.
All non-members must confirm payment online in order for their entry to be considered for an event. Once the deadline for entry has been reached and the event is not full with members, non-member entries will be accepted on a priority based on date of event payment.
Note: All players are designated on the ‘Wait List’ when signing up via the player app or accepting the email invitation. Only once payment has been received will a player’s entry be confirmed with an auto-email via golf genius letting players know they have moved from the wait list to confirmed player list.
WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 2, 2020 at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- 9:30am Start
- Order: Pros, Champ Flt, Women’s Div., Senior, Flight A, B
Tee Yardages (Approximate)
- Male Professionals & Championship Flight: 6,800 yards (Gold Tees)
- Male Flight A & B: 6,300 yards (blue/white hybrid yardage)
- Female Championship Flight (5,900 yards): White Tees
- Female Flight A/B (5,400 yards): Red Tees
PGA or VGT Member Professionals: (must show your PGA card or VGT Member card)
Please contact Pagoda Ridge Golf Shop to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F. It is at the Pro-shop staff’s discretion when complimentary practice rounds are to be provided for Professionals.
VGT Amateur Members:
- $10 off posted weekday rate (M-F after 1pm). Does not include holidays (must show your 2020 VGT member card).
- Consult with the TSN BC Discount Golf Card 2-for-1 Rate for Pagoda Ridge here: https://vancouvergolftour.com/discount-golf-card/restrictions/
May 18 – September 30
* 2 for $85 plus tax Before 8:00am, Monday- Friday, not valid weekends and holidays and group play.
Course Details & Location
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18-hole course plays just beyond 6,900 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.
Srixon/Cleveland Golf Order Of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Professional & Women’s Open Divisions – Gross
- Championship Flight – Gross
- Senior, Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
- Women’s Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
YEAR END PLAYER AWARDS
Due to Covid-19 disrupting many of our sponsors’ commitments, all year-end player awards are TBC until further notice, other than some great news that JM MEDIA GROUP has committed to a $2,500 PRIZE for our Top Professional at the end of the VGT season. Please see below all Year-end Award announcements:
Professional Order Of Merit
Based on all Regular Season results:
- $2,500 JM MEDIA GROUP – PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD!
- One (1) x $2,500 Award sponsored by JM MEDIA GROUP
- This award must be used for Q-School Entry Fees and/or fees associated with Q-School (hotel, flights, etc)
- The award will be determined by points accumulated through the year on VGT (and other global tours).
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT AWARD – At this time is TBC
The top Professional for the entire VGT season earns a bonus (amount TBC) at the end of the 2020 Tour Championship. The previously posted $2,500 Q-School award is currently on hold due to Covid-19 possibly affecting Srixon's ability to support this bonus. As soon as we know either way, we will post what is going to be guaranteed for our Player of the Year.
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: BONUS TBC
At this time the $1,000 SRIXON/CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER BONUS is on hold until further notice. Players are still required to play a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for any SRIXON CASH BONUS made available at end of the year!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC!
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
At this time the Maui Jim Women's Division is on hold until further notice since Maui Jim's sponsorship for now is on hold. We will continue to keep the Women's Series Order of Merit Standings LIVE for those women who are competing and if Maui Jim gives us their commitment at some point in 2020, we will make an announcement at such a time.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.