2018-19 Winter Tour Schedule Coming Soon!
- This event has passed.
Pagoda Ridge Open
June 14, 2018 @ 11:00
Pagoda Ridge Open | Pagoda Ridge Golf Course | Thursday, June 14, 2018
Presented by JM MEDIA GROUP
The VGT PAGODA RIDGE OPEN is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs with a certified GOLF CANADA or USGA hdcp factor (18.0 or less).
- Total Prize Purse: $9,500 (based on full field)
- Professional Purse: $7,000 (based on 48 Pros). Top 35% of Pro field will be paid out.
- Women’s Open Division: Results and payouts are based on Gross Scores only! Pros will earn cash. Amateurs will earn prize credits.
- Amateur Prizes & Tee-Gifting: $50/player goes into prizing. Fifty-two Amateurs in field = $2,600 prizing & tee-gifts.
- Amateur Payout: Top 33% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights (Championship (5.0 or less), Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0), Senior (55 years or over; 0-8.0)
*NOTE: Must be a minimum of five (5) Women or Senior Male Amateurs registered for there to be a separate Division for this event. If not, then players will play within their own division (Pro/Am) and handicap flight from equitable tees versus the male competitors (approx. 85% of yardage)
- Male Professionals & Championship Flight: 6,800 yards (Gold Tees)
- Male Flight A & B: 6,300 yards (blue/white hybrid yardage)
- Female Championship Flight (5,900 yards): White Tees
- Female Flight A/B (5,400 yards): Red Tees
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year until Oct 31, 2018:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAXX / ECOVESSEL + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
- Three (3) Srixon Z-Star or Z-Star XV Balls (thx to JM Media Group)*
- Lunch/dinner after the round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Division
- On-Course contests (Closest to the Pin Competition for each Division)
- A chance to compete in Skins Game & two Hole-in-one Jackpots ($5,000 & $3,000 as of May 6th)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in tournament conditions
- Live Leaderboard Scoring
- Professionally Managed Event with Golf Canada Officiating & Official Starter on 1st tee
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – Over $15,000 in Year-end Amateur & Professional Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to VGT Members in the field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
e-Transfer Entry Fees
- PRO: VGT Member: $150+GST = $157.50
- PRO: Non-Member: $200+GST = $210.00
- AM VGT Member: $110+GST = $115.50
- AM Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
Above pricing reflects a $10 SAVING if Paid by e-Transfer, or Members Pay Cash/Cheque on the Day.
e-Transfer your entry fees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "The game we play?" (golf)
Online Entry Fees
- PRO: VGT Member: $160+GST
- PRO: Non-Member: $210+GST
- AM: VGT Member: $120+GST
- AM: Non-Member: $160+GST
SUNDAY, JUNE 10th at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
11:00am Start (Order of Play: Pros, Champ Amateurs, Flight A, B)
PGA or VGT Member Professionals: (must show your PGA card or money clip)
- Please contact Pagoda Ridge Golf Shop to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F. It is at the Pro-shop staff’s discretion when complimentary practice rounds are to be provided for Professionals.
VGT Amateur Members:
- $10 off posted weekday rate (M-F after 1pm). Does not include holidays (must show your VGT Money Clip)
Course Details & Location
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18-hole course plays just beyond 6,900 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Professional - Gross
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
- Senior & Women’s Open Flight: Gross
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields for this event. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,000 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN EXEMPTION FOR TOP VGT PROFESSIONAL!
The top VGT Member* on the SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit at the end of the VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP on May 18th will earn an exemption into the MACKENZIE TOUR’s FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN event at Point Grey Golf & C.C. (*Not already exempt into the F55 Financial Open).
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER: $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2018 Tour Championship.
- 2018 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT: $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 26 & 27 at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 8 multiple-day events below. At the end of the 2018 JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 26, 27: The VGT MASTERS
- May 17, 18: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- May 29, 30: WHISTLER OPEN
- June 23, 24: FIRST CLASS WASTE FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- June 30, July 1: TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 10, 11: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- August 18, 19: TOBIANO PRO-AM (Kamloops, BC)
- Sept 21 - 23: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’18 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Presented by the TSN DISCOUNT GOLF CARD! $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- FEMALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: $500 BONUS!
There must be minimum of 10 female 'OPEN DIVISION' Members for award to be given out.
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.