2020-21 WINTER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
Pagoda Ridge Classic (SOLD OUT)
May 2, 2020 @ 10:00
2020 PAGODA RIDGE CLASSIC (Amateurs)
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course | Saturday, May 2, 2020 | 10:00 Start
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
The VGT PAGODA RIDGE CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Amateurs with a valid GOLF CANADA or USGA handicap Factor of 18.0 or less (men) and 24.0 and less (women).
Five Amateur Divisions:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & under)
- Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Women's Division* (24.0 & Under)
- Senior Division* (55+ years old)
Full Field Size: 80 players
Women’s Division*: Results and payouts are based on alternating Gross & Net Scores. Amateurs will earn prize credits.
Senior Division*: Results and payouts are based on alternating Gross & Net Scores. Amateurs will earn prize credits. Players can only prize out in one or the other - their own handicap division or the Senior Division.
Amateur Prizing: $40/player goes into prize credits. Eighty (80) Amateurs in field = $3,200 prizing.
Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 Field paid out prize credits via alternating Gross and Net Scores in all flights.
*NOTE: The Women's & Senior Divisions will only run if 5 or more players in each Division. If less than 5 players in Women's Division, female golfers will compete in their own flight vs. male golfers from an equitable yardage. If less than 5 Senior Division players, these seniors will compete in their own flight against non-senior players. Seniors in the Championship Flight will be provided with an equitable yardage to play against non-senior Champ Flight golfers.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year: (Players have until Oct.15, 2020 to cash in their credits)
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
- Sandwich + drink voucher for kiosk prior to the round
- Gross & Net prizing within 5 Amateur Flights ($40/player in prizing)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Top Public Courses in Championship Conditions!
- Live Leaderboard Scoring
- Professionally managed with Golf Canada Officiating, timing and announcing off first tee
- VGT Members qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race for Year-end Prizing!!
Priority will be given to VGT Members in good standing until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received with payment.
SATURDAY APRIL 25, 2020 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- AMS: VGT Member $110 +GST
- AMS: Non-Member $150 +GST
*ALL PLAYERS must pay in advance online either with Credit Card or by sending an E-Transfer.
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
Tournament Payment / Registration
- Tee times: 10:00 - 13:00
- Order: Women’s Div, Champ, Senior, A, B
Amateurs: $10 off posted weekday rate (M-F after 12pm). Not including holidays (must show membership card)
Course Details & Location
PAGODA RIDGE GOLF COURSE
7887 264th Street, Langley, BC
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18-hole course plays just beyond 7,000 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Women’s Division - Gross & Net
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Senior Men Division - Gross & Net
- Flight A & B - Alternating Gross & Net
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.