2019 Spring/Summer Tour Schedule (Apr 16)
- This event has passed.
VGT Pagoda Ridge Classic
April 10, 2019 @ 10:30
2019 Pagoda Ridge Classic | Pagoda Ridge Golf Course | Wednesday, April 10, 2019
The VGT PAGODA RIDGE CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs (0-18 RCGA factor).
- Six Divisions:
- Championship (0-5.0)
- Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Senior Am* (55+)
- Women's Open*
- Must be a minimum of five (5) Women or Senior Male Amateurs registered for there to be a separate Division for this event. If not, then players will play within their own division (Pro/Am) and handicap flight from equitable tees versus the male competitors (approx. 85% of yardage).
- Full Field Size: 100 players
- Professional Purse: $7,000. (based on 48 Pros). Top 40% of Pro field will be paid out.
- Women’s Open Division: Results and payouts are based on Gross Scores only! Pros will earn cash. Amateurs will earn prize credits.
- Amateur Prizing: $40/player goes into prize credits. Fifty (50) Amateurs in field = $2,000 prize credits.
- Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 Field paid out prize credits via alternating Gross and Net Scores in all flights.
- Amateur Flights: Championship (5.0 or less) / Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) / Flight B (10.1 to 18.0) / Senior (55 years & over)
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
- Lunch at the turn or after the round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Amateur Division ($40/player in prizing)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Top Public Courses in Championship Conditions!
- Live Leaderboard Scoring thru 9 holes & 18 holes
- Professionally managed with Golf Canada Officiating and announcing off first tee
- Players qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race. A chance to share in over $18,000 in Year-end Prizing including a trip to a 2020 PGA TOUR EVENT!
Priority will be given to VGT Members in good standing until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received with payment.
- PRO VGT Member: $160+GST
- PRO Non-Member: $210+GST
- AM VGT Member: $110+GST
- AM Non-Member: $140+GST
SAVE Handling Fee if Paid by e-Transfer, or Members Pay Cash on the Day
e-Transfer your entry fees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "The game we play?" (golf)
SATURDAY, APRIL 6th at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
Tee times start at 10:30 - 13:30. (Pros, Women, Championship, B, A)
PGA or VGT Member Professionals: (must show your PGA card or Membership Card)
Please contact Pagoda Ridge Golf Shop to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F. It is at the Pro-shop staff’s discretion when complimentary practice rounds are to be provided for Professionals.
VGT Amateur Members:
- $10 off posted weekday rate (M-F after 12pm). Not including holidays (must show membership card)
Course Details & Location
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18 hole course plays just beyond 7000 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Tour Professional – Gross
- Champ, Women's Open, Men's Senior - Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields for this event. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Professional OOM ($12,000 in Year-End Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER - $2,500 Q-SCHOOL AWARD!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2019 Tour Championship.
- VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $5,000 IN BONUSES!
The VGT MAJORS SERIES consists of 8 multiple-day events below:
- April 25,26: JM MEDIA GROUP VGT MASTERS
- May 16,17: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 4,5: SOTHEBY’S REALTY WHISTLER OPEN
- June 21,22: FIRST CLASS WASTE FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- June 29,30: TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- Aug. 10,11: MIGHTY PEACE BREWING CO. LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- Aug. 17,18: TOBIANO PRO-AM (Kamloops, BC)
- Aug. 30-Sept.1: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
At the end of the VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT MAJORS SERIES will pay out $5,000 in Bonuses as follows:
- 1st Place: $2,500
- 2nd Place: $1,500
- 3rd Place: $1,000
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: $1,000 CASH BONUS
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’18 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- PERIODIC BONUSES FOR “SRIXON PLAYER OF THE MONTH”!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - $1,000 CASH – Presented by the TSN DISCOUNT GOLF CARD!
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - $1,000 CASH AWARD!
- “MAUI JIM” FEMALE AMATEUR OF THE YEAR - $500 PRIZE CREDIT
- “MAUI JIM” FEMALE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR - $1000 CASH AWARD (must play min of 5 Maui Jim events)
Amateur Order of Merit ($7,500 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Travis Mathew Apparel)
- Includes a FREE FLIGHT + 2 FREE WEEKLY GROUNDS PASSES to watch a 2019-20 PGA TOUR EVENT (does not include Majors)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.