2020-21 WINTER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
2020 Pagoda Ridge Championship (AM)
August 10, 2020 @ 09:30
PAGODA RIDGE CHAMPIONSHIP (Amateurs)
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course | Monday, August 10, 2020 | 9:30 Start
PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
The VGT PAGODA RIDGE CHAMPIONSHIP is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Amateurs with a valid GOLF CANADA or USGA handicap Factor of 18.0 & under (men) & 22.0 & under (women).
- Men: Champ Flight (5.0 & under)
- Men: Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Men: Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Women: Champ Flight* (5.0 & under)
- Women: A/B Flight (5.1-22.0)
- Senior Division* (55+ years old)
Full Field Size: 120 players
Women’s Division*: Results and payouts are based on alternating Gross & Net Scores. Amateurs will earn prize credits.
Senior Division*: Results and payouts are based on alternating Gross & Net Scores. Amateurs will earn prize credits.
Senior Champ Flight Players: If a Senior Champ Flight Player does not want to compete vs. non-Senior Champ Flight players, they will play off hybrid tees & will not be eligible for regular Champ Flight Prizing.
*Senior A/B Players can only prize out in one or the other - their own handicap division or the Senior Division. They will win the higher valued prize.
Amateur Prizing: $40/player goes into prize credits. Based on full field = $4,800 prizing.
Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 Field paid out prize credits via alternating Gross and Net Scores in all flights.
*NOTE: The Women's & Senior Divisions will run with 5 or more players in each Division. If less than 5 players in Women's Division, female golfers will compete in their own flight vs. male golfers from an equitable yardage. If less than 5 Senior Division players, those Senior players will compete in their own flight against non-senior players.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year: (Players have until Oct.30, 2020 to cash in their credits)
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Tournament Golf at Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
- Three (3) SRIXON Z-Star or Z-Star XV Balls
- Sandwich or hot dog + drink at the kiosk before play or at the turn
- Gross & Net prizing within 5 Amateur Flights ($40/player in prizing)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Top Public Courses in Championship Conditions!
- Live Leaderboard Scoring
- Professionally managed with Golf Canada Officiating, timing and announcing off first tee
- VGT Members qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race for Year-end Prizing!!
Registration / Eligibility
Priority registration is given to 2020 VGT Members in good standing until the registration deadline on Monday, July 27 at 6pm.
Register & Pay Early:
A number of our events have been selling out 3 weeks in advance.
When registering, all players will be placed on the wait list, whether a member who is accepting the email invite to play, or registering on the member app, or a non-member who is paying online.
Players will be moved from the wait list to the player list once their tournament payment has been received, and as long as the event is not yet full. You will be notified by an auto-email stating you have been moved from waitlist to the registration list.
Member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received with payment. Non-Member entries will be processed in priority of the date payment has been received. Non-members will be admitted into the field as long as the event is not full with members at the registration deadline.
MONDAY JULY 27, 2020 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- AM: VGT Member $120+GST ($126.00)
- AM: Non-Member $150+GST ($157.50)
Optional Skins Game: Please add $20 to your Entry fee total above if you wish to play and send an E-transfer for this amount.
*ALL PLAYERS must pay in advance online either with Credit Card or by sending an E-Transfer.
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
Tournament Payment / Registration
- Tee times: 9:30 - 15:00
- Order: Women’s Champ, Champ Flight, Senior Division, Flight A, Flight B
- Blue: Championship Flight
- Hybrid Tees: Male Seniors, Flight A & B
- Green/White Combo: Female Championship Flight
- Green: Female Flight A&B
Amateurs: $10 off posted weekday rate (M-F after 12pm). Not including holidays (must show membership card)
Course Details & Location
PAGODA RIDGE GOLF COURSE
7887 264th Street, Langley, BC
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18-hole course plays just beyond 7,000 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Women’s Division - Gross & Net
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Senior Men Division - Gross & Net
- Flight A & B - Alternating Gross & Net
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.