2018-19 Winter Tour Schedule Coming Soon!
- This event has passed.
Pagoda Ridge Amateur (NEW DATE)
September 15, 2018
VGT Pagoda Ridge Amateur | Pagoda Ridge Golf Course | Saturday, Sept 15, 2018
Presented by JM MEDIA GROUP
The VGT PAGODA RIDGE AMATEUR is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Amateurs (0-18 GOLF CANADA or USGA HCP FACTOR).
- Amateur Flights:
- Championship (+3 to 5.0)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Full Field Size: 80 players
- Amateur Prizing & Tee-Gifts: $4,000 ($50/player in prizing & tee-gift based on 80 Amateurs)
- Amateur Payout: Top 33% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAXX / ECOVESSEL + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf
- Luncheon voucher provided after round
- One sleeve (3) Srixon Z-Star Balls
- Gross & Net prizing within each Amateur Division
- Practice round rate of $10 off posted rack rate (must show your VGT money clip)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in tour-like conditions
- Live Leader board scoring at the turn!
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – $7,500 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to Members in the Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full one week out (Aug.19).
Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
e-Transfer Entry Fees
- AM VGT Member: $110+GST = $115.50
- AM Non-Member: $140+GST = $147.00
Above pricing reflects a $10 SAVING if Paid by e-Transfer, or Members Pay Cash on the Day.
e-Transfer your entry fees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "The game we play?" (golf)
Online Entry Fees
- AM VGT Member: $120+GST
- AM Non-Member: $150+GST
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 12 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Tee times start at 10:30
VGT Amateurs are being offered the following practice round rates:
- $10 off posted weekday rate (after 12pm). Does not include holidays
Course Details & Location
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and the majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18 hole course plays just beyond 7000 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.
7887 264th Street, Langley, BC
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.