2019 Spring/Summer Tour Schedule (Apr 16/19)
Mission Golf Classic
May 9, 2019 @ 13:00
VGT Mission Golf Classic | Mission Golf Course | Thursday, May 9, 2019
The VGT MISSION GOLF CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs (0-18 RCGA factor).
- Four Divisions:
- Championship (5.0 & under)
- Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Field Size: 64 Players
- Total Prize Purse: $6,000 (based on full field)
- Professional Purse: $4,500 (based on 32 Pros). Top 33% of Pro field will be paid out.
- Amateur Prizing: $45/player goes into prize credits. Thirty-two (32) Amateurs in field = $1,500 prize credits.
- Amateur Payout: Top 33% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights (Championship (5.0 or less), Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year until October 31, 2018:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAXX / ECOVESSEL + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Mission Golf & Country Club
- Carved Roast Beef Dinner, seasoned vegetables, desert + coffee after the round
- $1,500 in Gross & Net prizing Amateur Prizing based on 32 Amateurs ($45/player in prize pool)
- $4,500 Pro purse based on 32 Pros.
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s top 9-Hole Courses!
- Live Leaderboard Scoring thru 9 holes & 18 holes
- Professionally managed with Golf Canada Officiating and announcing off first tee
- Players qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race. A chance to share in over $17,500 in Year-end Prizing including a PGA TOUR Fan Experience!
Priority will be given to VGT Members in good standing until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received with payment.
- PRO VGT Member: $150+GST = $157.50
- PRO Non-Member: $200+GST = $210.00
- AM VGT Member: $110+GST = $115.50
- AM Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
*To avoid online credit card or pay pal fees, please pay by e-transfer with instructions below:
- e-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "V in VGT?" (Vancouver)
- Members can pay Cash on Day (cash/cheque)
MONDAY, MAY 6, 2019 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- 13:00 SHOTGUN START - ALL PLAYERS
- PGA or VGT Member Professionals:
- must show your PGA card or 2019 Membership Card
- Please contact Mission Golf Club Head Professional Mark Anderson to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F. It is at the Pro-shop staff’s discretion when complimentary practice rounds are to be provided for Professionals.
- VGT Amateur Members:
- TSN 1040 DISCOUNT GOLF CARD - 2 for 1 RATE: (purchase here)
- Mar 1 thru Oct 1: 24hr advance booking – 7 days a week after 12:30pm excluding twilight, holidays, tournaments, or events, applicable to regular rates only, plus 10% off food.
Course Details & Location
Often known as “Canada’s Finest Championship Length 9 Hole Course”, Mission Golf & Country Club boasts a high standard of course conditioning. Established in 1960, the Mission course combines a demanding layout with attractive landscaping and thickly forested terrain to provide a truly challenging golf experience. It’s creatively designed 9 holes boasts a unique change of tee decks for your back nine.
At any time of the year if you visit MGCC you’ll likely run into some great players like long time PGA Tour member Ray Stewart and other tour players, they frequent MGCC due to its challenge to work the ball both ways along with tight fairways and tricky fast greens. Mission has long been revered for its tight fairways, fast greens, and drainage second to none in Southern B.C., making it also one of the best ‘off season’ courses possibly in Canada.
7983 Nelson St.
Mission, B.C., Canada
Phone: 1-866-463-3556 Toll Free
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Professionals - Gross
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Professional OOM ($12,000 in Year-End Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER - $2,500 Q-SCHOOL AWARD!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2019 Tour Championship.
- MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $5,000 IN BONUSES!
The VGT MAJORS SERIES consists of 8 multiple-day events below:
- April 25,26: JM MEDIA GROUP VGT MASTERS
- May 16,17: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 4,5: SOTHEBY’S REALTY WHISTLER OPEN
- June 21,22: FIRST CLASS WASTE FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- June 29,30: TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- Aug. 10,11: MIGHTY PEACE BREWING CO. LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- Aug. 17,18: TOBIANO PRO-AM (Kamloops, BC)
- Aug. 30-Sept.1: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
At the end of the VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT MAJORS SERIES will pay out $5,000 in Bonuses as follows:
- 1st Place: $2,500
- 2nd Place: $1,500
- 3rd Place: $1,000
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: $1,000 CASH BONUS
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’18 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- PERIODIC BONUSES FOR “SRIXON PLAYER OF THE MONTH”!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - $1,000 CASH – Presented by the TSN DISCOUNT GOLF CARD!
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - $1,000 CASH AWARD!
- “MAUI JIM” FEMALE AMATEUR OF THE YEAR - $500 PRIZE CREDIT
- “MAUI JIM” FEMALE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR - $500 CASH AWARD
Amateur Order of Merit ($7,500 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Travis Mathew Apparel)
- Includes a FREE FLIGHT + 2 FREE WEEKLY GROUNDS PASSES to watch a 2019-20 PGA TOUR EVENT (does not include Majors)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.