VGT Mission Golf Classic
May 7, 2020 @ 13:30
2020 MISSION GOLF CLASSIC
Mission Golf & Country Club | Thursday, May 7, 2020 | 13:30 ShotGun Start
The VGT MISSION GOLF CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs (18.0 or less Golf Canada or USGA Handicap Factor).
- Three Amateur Flights: Championship / Flight A / Flight B
- One Professional Division: Tour Division
Full Field Size: 64 players
Total Prize Purse: $6,000 (based on full field)
Professional Purse: $4,800 (based on 32 Pros). Top 40% of Pro field will be paid out.
Amateur Prizing: $40/player goes into prize credits.
Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 Field paid out prize credits via alternating Gross and Net Scores in all flights.
- Championship (5.0 or less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
*Must be a minimum of five (5) Women or Senior Amateurs registered for there to be a separate Division for this event. If not, then players will play within their own division (Pro/Am) and handicap flight from equitable tees versus the male competitors (approx. 85% of yardage)
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year: (Players have until Oct.15, 2020 to cash in their credits)
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Mission Golf & Country Club
- Carved Roast Beef Dinner, seasoned vegetables, desert + coffee after the round
- $1,500 in Gross & Net prizing Amateur Prizing based on 32 Amateurs ($40/player in prize pool)
- $4,500 Pro purse based on 32 Pros.
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s top 9-Hole Courses!
- Live Leaderboard Scoring thru 9 holes & 18 holes
- Professionally managed with Golf Canada Officiating and announcing off first tee
- Players qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race. A chance to share in over $25,000 in Year-end Prizing including a PGA TOUR Fan Experience!
Priority will be given to VGT Members in good standing until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received with payment.
MONDAY MAY 4, 2020 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- PRO: VGT Member $160 +GST
- PRO: Non-Member $200 +GST
- AMS: VGT Member $110 +GST
- AMS: Non-Member $150 +GST
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
Tournament Payment / Registration
- Tee times: 13:30 SHOT GUN
- Order: All Players
Amateurs: TSN 1040 DISCOUNT GOLF CARD - 2 for 1 RATE
Professionals: Please contact Mission Golf Club Head Professional Mark Anderson to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F. It is at the Pro-shop staff’s discretion when complimentary practice rounds are to be provided for Professionals. (must show your PGA card or 2020 Membership Card)
Course Details & Location
MISSION GOLF COURSE
7983 Nelson St.
Mission, B.C., Canada
Phone: 1-866-463-3556 Toll Free
Often known as “Canada’s Finest Championship Length 9 Hole Course”, Mission Golf & Country Club boasts a high standard of course conditioning. Established in 1960, the Mission course combines a demanding layout with attractive landscaping and thickly forested terrain to provide a truly challenging golf experience. It’s creatively designed 9 holes boasts a unique change of tee decks for your back nine.
At any time of the year if you visit MGCC you’ll likely run into some great players like long time PGA Tour member Ray Stewart and other tour players, they frequent MGCC due to its challenge to work the ball both ways along with tight fairways and tricky fast greens. Mission has long been revered for its tight fairways, fast greens, and drainage second to none in Southern B.C., making it also one of the best ‘off season’ courses possibly in Canada.
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Professional Division - Gross
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Flight A & B - Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Professional OOM ($16,500 in Year-End Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- $10,000 JM MEDIA GROUP – RACE TO THE Q-SCHOOL!!
- Two (2) x $5,000 Awards sponsored by JM MEDIA GROUP
- These 2 awards must be used for Q-School Entry Fees and/or fees associated with Q-School (hotel, flights, etc)
- One award will be determined by points accumulated through the year on VGT (and other global tours). The 2nd Award will be a Sponsor Committee’s Pick.
- $2,500 Majors Series Bonus – Based on Results from the 8 VGT Majors in 2020.
- Four (4) x $1,000 Awards:
- $1,000 Most Improved Player
- $1,000 Rookie of the Year
- $1,000 SRIXON Staff Player of the Year
- $1,000 Maui Jim Women’s Series “Player of the Year”
Amateur Order of Merit ($8,500 in Prizing!)
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top 10 players in Champ, Flight A, Flight B win prizes
- 1st Place: $1,000 prize/flight
- 2nd Place: $500 Prize/flight
- 3rd Place: $300/flt.
- 4th Place: $200/flight
- 10th Place: $30/flight.
- Top 5 players in Senior Division win prizes
- 1st Place: $500 prize
- 2nd Place: $300 prize
- 3rd Place: $200 prize
- Top 3 Amateurs in Maui Jim Women’s Series win prizes – Sponsored by Maui Jim
- 1st Place: $500 prize
- 2nd Place: $200 prize
- 3rd place: $100 prize
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.