2020 SUMMER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
Meadow Gardens Classic (SOLD OUT)
July 19, 2020 @ 12:30
2020 VGT MEADOW GARDENS CLASSIC
Presented by JM MEDIA GROUP
Sunday, July 19, 2020 | Meadow Gardens Golf Club
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
The VGT MEADOW GARDENS CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for Male and Female Amateurs with 18.0 or less handicap factor (male) & 22.0 or less (female).
Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior* (55+)
- Women's Division* (Open / Net)
*Must have a minimum of 5 players registered for the Senior or Women’s Division to run separately. If we do not get 5 players registered in the Senior or Women’s Divisions, players will default back to their Handicap Division and play from an equitable set of tees.
Full Field Size: 90 players
Amateur Prizing & Tee-Gifts: $4,500 (based on 90 players)
Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year: (Players have until Oct.30, 2020 to cash in their credits)
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Tournament Golf at Meadow Gardens Golf Club
- Three (3) Srixon Z-Star or Z-Star XV Balls (thx to JM Media Group)
- $40/player budgeted for prizing
- Driving Range warm-up
- Lunch Voucher ($10) provided for all players at the snack shack
- Gross & Net prizing within each Division
- Optional $20 skins game (Champ flight – Gross; A/B, Senior – Net)
- Playing in Skins game qualifies you for $5,000 Hole-in-one jackpots!
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in tournament conditions
- Live Leader board Scoring from your phone
- Golf Canada Officiating & Official Starter announcing off 1st tee
Priority will be given to VGT Members until the registration deadline. Member entries will be processed based on date of entry fee payment being received. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. All players registering on golf genius or through the email invitation will be placed on the wait list until their entry fee payment has been received. If the event is not full with members at that time, players will be moved from the wait list onto the confirmed player list.
- AM - VGT Member: $120+GST = $126.00
- AM - Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
Optional skins game +$20: Please add $20 to your Entry fee total above if you wish to play and send an E-transfer for this amount.
All Entry Fees & Skins must be paid in advance by E-transfer or CC!!
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
E-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com. If prompted to give a security question & password, please email your password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
*Players can AVOID online admin fees when paying by E-Transfer.
Tournament Payment / Registration
SUNDAY JULY 5, 2020 at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- 12:30pm Start Time
- Male Championship Flight: 6,600 yards (Blue tees)
- Male Flight A & B / Senior Div.: 6,300 yards (blue/white hybrid tees)
- Female Championship Flight (5,900 yards)
- Female Flight A/B (5,500 yards)
VGT Amateur Members:
VGT Members are being offered the opportunity to purchase Meadow Gardens Loyalty Card at 50% off. Regular rate is $99+tx. The loyalty card come with one FREE ROUND of golf at Meadow Gardens and future discounts for golf, power carts and clubhouse purchases!
Amateurs must show proof of VGT Membership at time of purchase of the Meadow Gardens loyalty card.
Course Details & Location
MEADOW GARDENS GOLF CLUB
19675 Meadow Gardens Way, Pitt Meadows, BC
Nestled in the serenity of Pitt Meadows, Meadow Gardens Golf Club is only minutes from the downtown core located directly off Lougheed Highway and on the doorstep of the Golden Ears Bridge making accessibility and convenience second to none. Established in 1968 Meadow Gardens has been a staple in the community delivering outstanding personalized service to our members, their guests and the local residents alike, which is why we have one of the fastest growing memberships in the area.
Playing from 5519 yards to 7041 yards on four sets of tees, Meadow Gardens has something for every level of golfer, presenting a risk-reward opportunity for serious shot makers without sacrificing playability. A heart thumping infinitely varied golf course that is as delightful to walk as it is to play, consisting of gently rolling mounds, picturesque lakes and numerous bunkers defining each fairway.
Srixon/Cleveland Golf Order Of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Championship Flight – Gross
- Senior Men, Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
- Women’s Division – Alternating Gross & Net
OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
YEAR END PLAYER AWARDS
Due to Covid-19 disrupting many of our sponsors’ commitments, all year-end player awards are TBC until further notice, other than some great news that JM MEDIA GROUP has committed to a $2,500 PRIZE for our Top Professional at the end of the VGT season. Please see below all Year-end Award announcements:
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
At this time the Maui Jim Women's Division is on hold until further notice since Maui Jim's sponsorship for now is on hold. We will continue to keep the Women's Series Order of Merit Standings LIVE for those women who are competing and if Maui Jim gives us their commitment at some point in 2020, we will make an announcement at such a time.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.