2019 Spring/Summer Tour Schedule (Apr 16)
Mayfair Lakes Classic (Amateurs)
August 24, 2019
VGT Mayfair Lakes Classic | Presented by JM MEDIA GROUP
Mayfair Lakes Golf & CC | Saturday, August 24, 2019
The MAYFAIR LAKES CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play Championship for male and female Amateur Golfers (0-18.0 GOLF CANADA hdcp factor).
- Full Field Size: 80 players
- Amateur Payout: Top Gross & Net Scores in all 3 Amateur flights win gift certificates and prizes:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Male Championship Flight (6,600 yards)
- Male Flight A & B (6,300 yards)
- Female Championship Flight (5,800 yards)
- Female Flight A/B (5,500 yards)
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAXX / ECOVESSEL + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18 holes at Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
- GOLF BC savings book for discounted rounds at 10 GOLF BC Courses
- One sleeve (3) SRIXON Z-Star Balls
- $10 restaurant voucher
- Water stations on course
- Driving Range Warm-up / Live Leaderboards on course
- Closest To the Pin Competition for each flight
- Progressive Hole-in-one Jackpots: $5,000 and $3,500 Jackpots as of July 9th
- $2,500 in Amateur Prizing* based on Full Field
- Prizing calculated in each flight alternating Gross and Net Scores
- Custom Made Awards for Flight Winners
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Professional Announcing on first tee
Priority will be given to VGT Members in the field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline.
Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- AM VGT Member: $120+GST = $126.00
- AM Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
*PAY BY E-TRANSFER or CASH/CHEQUE (members) ON THE DAY TO SAVE ONLINE FEES
Online Tournament Payment
TUESDAY, AUGUST 20th at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
All members must confirm their entries through the Golf Genius Member area to be confirmed for all events. Even if you pay online, you must also confirm your entry thru Genius or you will not be entered into an event.
All non-members must confirm payment online in order for their entry to be considered for an event. Once the deadline for entry has been reached and the event is not full with members, non-member entries will be accepted on a priority based on date of event payment.
VGT Members are entitled to a 10% discount off regular posted green fee rates 7 days a week. See VGT website for details on restrictions. Players must present their 2019 VGT Membership card and be in good standing to qualify for green fee discounts
Course Details & Location
5460 No. 7 Rd., Richmond, BC
Golf Shop: (604) 276-0505
Mayfair Lakes, designed by Les Furber, is a par 71 with over 6,600 yards of greens and winding fairways. The allure of Mayfair Lakes is evident as you approach the first tee and are able to admire the lush fairways and panoramic view of the North Shore Mountains. Year round, your golfing experience is enhanced by the immaculate course conditions and the unique links design.
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit ($7,500 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Travis Mathew Apparel)
- Includes a FREE FLIGHT + 2 FREE WEEKLY GROUNDS PASSES to watch a 2019-20 PGA TOUR EVENT (does not include Majors)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.