2020 SUMMER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
(SOLD OUT) VGT Mayfair Lakes Amateur
June 7, 2020 @ 12:30
2020 VGT MAYFAIR LAKES AMATEUR
Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
Sunday, June 7, 2020
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
The VGT MAYFAIR LAKES AMATEUR is an 18-Hole stroke play Championship for Male and Female Amateur Golfers with official Golf Canada or USGA handicap factors (18.0 or less – Male) (22.0 or less – Female).
Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+, 18.0 or less)
- Women's Division (22.0 or less)
Full Field Size: 80 players
Registration Deadline: Sunday May 31, 2020 at 6pm PST
Completing Your Tournament Registration:
All members must confirm their entries through the Golf Genius App or accept the email invite to play. Everyone will be placed on the waitlist until payment for the event is confirmed. Once payment is received, your entry will be confirmed, and you will be moved into to the confirmed player field. If you pay online first, you must also confirm your entry thru Golf Genius or you will not be confirmed into the event.
All non-members must confirm payment online for their entry to be considered for an event. Once the deadline for entry has been reached and the event is not full with members, non-member entries will be accepted on a priority based on date of event payment.
Amateur Payout: Top Gross & Net Scores in all Amateur flights
*NOTE: Must be a minimum of five Senior Amateurs or five Women registered in the Women’s Division for there to be a separate Division for this event. If not, players will play off appropriate tees vs. male golfers in their own division.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year: (Players have until Oct.30, 2020 to cash in their credits)
Entry Fee Includes
- 18 holes of tournament golf at Mayfair Lakes Golf & Country Club
- $40/PLAYER allocated to prizing = $3,200 in Amateur Prizing* based on Full Field of 80 players
- Prizing calculated in each flight alternating Gross and Net Scores
- Optional Gross & Net Skins Games & Hole-in-one Jackpot: TWO X $5,000 HOLE-IN-ONE Jackpots as of May 6th
- GOLF BC savings book for discounted rounds at 10 GOLF BC Courses
- Awards for Gross Champions in each Flight
- Live Leaderboard scoring and Golf Canada Officiating
- Professional Announcing on first tee
Priority will be given to VGT Members until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to register prior to the deadline and play as long as the field is not full with members at the Registration Deadline.
- AM - VGT Member: $120+GST = $126.00
- AM - Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
Optional skins game +$20: Gross Skins for Champ Flight. Net Skins for A/B flight combined
All Entry Fees must be paid in advance by E-transfer or CC!!
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
E-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com. If prompted to give a security question & password, please email your password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
*Players can AVOID online admin fees when paying by E-Transfer.
Tournament Payment / Registration
SUNDAY MAY 31, 2020 at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- 12:30pm Start
Course Details & Location
Mayfair Lakes, designed by Les Furber, is a par 71 with over 6,600 yards of greens and winding fairways. The allure of Mayfair Lakes is evident as you approach the first tee and are able to admire the lush fairways and panoramic view of the North Shore Mountains. Year round, your golfing experience is enhanced by the immaculate course conditions and the unique links design.
5460 No. 7 Rd., Richmond, BC
Golf Shop: (604) 276-0505
Srixon/Cleveland Golf Order Of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Championship Flight – Gross
- Senior, Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
- Women’s Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
YEAR END PLAYER AWARDS
Due to Covid-19 disrupting many of our sponsors’ commitments, all year-end player awards are TBC until further notice, other than some great news that JM MEDIA GROUP has committed to a $2,500 PRIZE for our Top Professional at the end of the VGT season. Please see below all Year-end Award announcements:
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
At this time the Maui Jim Women's Division is on hold until further notice since Maui Jim's sponsorship for now is on hold. We will continue to keep the Women's Series Order of Merit Standings LIVE for those women who are competing and if Maui Jim gives us their commitment at some point in 2020, we will make an announcement at such a time.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.