JM Media VGT Masters (18-Hole)
April 23, 2020 @ 11:00
2020 JM MEDIA VGT MASTERS 18-HOLE EVENT
Seniors, Flight A & B Amateurs
Morgan Creek Golf Course | Thursday, April 23, 2020
The VGT MASTERS is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for Male and Female Senior Amateurs (55+) and Male and Female Amateurs in Flight A & Flight B (5.1 to 18.0 handicap factor).
- Three Amateur Divisions:
- Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Senior Amateur (55+)
- Full Field Size: 48 players
- Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all amateur divisions.
NOTE: There must be a minimum of 10 Flight A and 10 Flight B players registered for prizing to be paid out in separate flights. If less than 10 players registered in each flight, the top Flight A and top Flight B Gross winners will be paid out and then all other prizing will be based on net scores in Flight A & B combined.
There must also be a minimum of five Senior Amateur players (55+over) registered for the event by the deadline for there to be a separate Senior Division event. If not, players will play in their own flight for the 18-hole event.
Order of Merit points will always be collected within a player’s own flight, not shared flighting!
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Morgan Creek Golf Course
- Tournament Welcome Gift
- Driving Range Warm-up
- Lunch provided at the turn
- Top 1/3 of the field in each flight will make it to the prize table (Alternating gross/net for results)
- $60/player budgeted for Amateur Prizing & welcome gifts
- Discounted Practice Round Rate (see below)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Semi-Private Golf Clubs
- Live Leader board Scoring
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Players qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race for a chance to share in over $25,000 in Year-end Prizing!!
Priority will be given to Members in the field until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline on April 19 Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- AM VGT Member: $120+GST = $126.00
- AM Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
Tournament Payment / Registration
SUNDAY, APRIL 19 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Tee times start at 11:00am
Amateurs receive $10.00 off the posted rate, Monday to Friday after 12:00 pm, excluding holidays. Practice rounds can be played up to 7 days before the event.
Players must show either their 2020 VGT Membership Card or confirmation of payment for the VGT Masters event to receive preferred green fee price.
Course Details & Location
Great golf and good times are just a short putt from the big city, at Morgan Creek Golf Course in Surrey, BC. Morgan Creek is a spectacular golf course, open to the public all year round. We’re celebrating 20 years as one BC’s premier golf courses – and we’re more passionate than ever about giving our golfers the gift of an amazing experience.
Recognized as one of Vancouver’s top golf facilities, this is the place for golfers who want to hit the links year-round – whether you’re on your own or enjoying a little friendly golfing competition with 160 of your closest friends. (Around here, golf is always a big event).
Looking for a game with close friends at one of Golf Digest’s prized ‘Places to Play’? Are you a member looking to beat your best score? Checking out the perfect event venue for your next corporate, charity or private tournament? Whatever your reason, we’re glad you came. Enjoy a fun time at affordable rates at one of the best golf courses around and is just a short drive from Vancouver, Delta, New Westminster, Langley, and White Rock.
3500 Morgan Creek Way
Surrey, BC V3Z 0J7
Phone: (604) 531-4653
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Flight A & B - Alternating Gross & Net
- Senior - Gross
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit ($8,500 in Prizing!)
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top 10 players in Champ, Flight A, Flight B win prizes
- 1st Place: $1,000 prize/flight
- 2nd Place: $500 Prize/flight
- 3rd Place: $300/flt.
- 4th Place: $200/flight
- 10th Place: $30/flight.
- Top 5 players in Senior Division win prizes
- 1st Place: $500 prize
- 2nd Place: $300 prize
- 3rd Place: $200 prize
- Top 3 Amateurs in Maui Jim Women’s Series win prizes – Sponsored by Maui Jim
- 1st Place: $500 prize
- 2nd Place: $200 prize
- 3rd place: $100 prize
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.