2019 Summer Tour Draft Schedule (Mar 1/19)
View/Download Draft Schedule
JM Media VGT Masters (18-Hole)
April 25, 2019
2019 JM MEDIA VGT MASTERS 18-HOLE EVENT
Seniors, Flight A & B Amateurs
Morgan Creek Golf Course | Thursday, April 25, 2019
The JM MEDIA VGT MASTERS is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for Male and Female Senior Amateurs (55+) and those Amateurs in Flight A & Flight B (5.1 to 18.0 factor).
- Three Amateur Divisions:
- Flight A (5.1-10.0)
- Flight B (10.1-18.0)
- Senior Amateur (55+)
- Full Field Size: 48 players
- Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all amateur divisions.
There must be a minimum of 10 Flight A and 10 Flight B players registered for prizing to be paid out in separate flights. If less than 10 players registered in each flight, the top Flight A and top flight B Gross winners will be paid out and then all other prizing will be based on net scores in Flight A & B combined.
There must also be a minimum of five Senior Amateur players (55+over) registered for the event by the deadline for there to be a separate Senior Division event. If not, players will play in their own flight for the 18-hole event.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAX PUSHCARTS / SWING CADDIE LAUNCH MONITOR + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Morgan Creek Golf Course
- Tournament Welcome Gift
- Driving Range Warm-up
- Lunch provided at the turn
- Top 1/3 of the field in each flight will make it to the prize table! (Alternating gross/net for results)
- Discounted Practice Round Rate (see below)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Semi-Private Golf Clubs
- Live Leader board Scoring
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – Over $7,500 in Amateur Year-end Awards & Prizing including a trip to watch a 2019-20 PGA TOUR event!!
Priority will be given to Members in the field until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline on April 21st. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- AM VGT Member: $120+GST = $126.00
- AM Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
*Players can AVOID online fees when paying by E-Transfer, or (for Members only) cash on day.
e-Transfer your entry fees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "The game we play?" (golf)
SUNDAY, APRIL 21st at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Tee times start at 11:00am
Amateurs receive $10.00 off the posted rate, Monday to Friday after 12:00 pm, excluding holidays. Practice rounds can be played up to 7 days before the event.
Players must show either their 2019 VGT Membership Card or confirmation of payment for the VGT Masters event to receive preferred green fee price.
Course Details & Location
Great golf and good times are just a short putt from the big city, at Morgan Creek Golf Course in Surrey, BC. Morgan Creek is a spectacular golf course, open to the public all year round. We’re celebrating 20 years as one BC’s premier golf courses – and we’re more passionate than ever about giving our golfers the gift of an amazing experience.
Recognized as one of Vancouver’s top golf facilities, this is the place for golfers who want to hit the links year-round – whether you’re on your own or enjoying a little friendly golfing competition with 160 of your closest friends. (Around here, golf is always a big event).
Looking for a game with close friends at one of Golf Digest’s prized ‘Places to Play’? Are you a member looking to beat your best score? Checking out the perfect event venue for your next corporate, charity or private tournament? Whatever your reason, we’re glad you came. Enjoy a fun time at affordable rates at one of the best golf courses around and is just a short drive from Vancouver, Delta, New Westminster, Langley, and White Rock.
3500 Morgan Creek Way
Surrey, BC V3Z 0J7
Phone: (604) 531-4653
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Flight A & B - Alternating Gross & Net
- Senior - Alternating Gross & Net
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Travis Mathew Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.