VGT Major #3 – CSBA Whistler Open | Nicklaus North | June 20-21, 2017
Presented by Nicklaus North Golf Course
VGT Majors Series #3
- Total Prize Purse: $16,000*
- Tues-Wed, June 20-21, 2017
- Round 1: Nicklaus North Golf Course – 12:00 start
- Round 2: Nicklaus North Golf Course – 8:00 start
- 36-HOLE MAJOR – Professionals & Amateurs (18.0 & under)
- Three Amateur Flights:
- Championship (5.0 and under)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- One Professional Flight:
The CSBA WHISTLER OPEN is a 36-Hole stroke play Championship for male and female Professional and Amateur Golfers. Open to all PGA Canada, PGA Tour Canada and non-affiliated Professionals and Amateurs with a valid Golf Canada or USGA handicap factor of 18.0 and under are welcome to play this event. The event is being hosted at Nicklaus North Golf Course in Whistler, BC.
- Full Field Size: 100 Players (40 Pros & 60 Amateurs)
- Professional Purse: $11,000*
- First place: $3,000*. Top 33% of Professional field size will be paid out. *(based on full field)
- Amateur Prizing: Over $5,000 in Amateur Prizing* (including welcome gifts)
*24 of the Amateurs in the field will reach the prize table as follows*:
- Top 4 Gross & Top 4 Net Scores in Championship Flight (+3 to 5.0)
- Top 4 Gross & Top 4 Net Scores in Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Top 4 Gross & Top 4 Net Scores in Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES
- GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR
- 2UNDR BRIEFS
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- BIG MAX PUSH CARTS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 36 holes of golf at Nicklaus North Golf Course (Rack rate is $169+tx/round)
- $79+tx Tournament practice round rate after 12pm on June 19th (see below)
- Premier Amateur tee-gifts and prizing (over $5,000*)
- Dinner on day 1 and Lunch on Day 2 at TABLE 19 PATIO
- KP Prizes for each flight
- Chance to enter Hole-in-One Progressive Jackpot
- 9 and 18-hole Live Leaderboard scoring
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Trophies awarded to players for Overall Gross in all 3 Amateur Flights
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the tournament field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- PRO: VGT Majors Member: $275 + GST
- PRO VGT (non-Majors) Member: $300 + GST
- PRO: Non – VGT Carded PGA Member: $300 + GST
- PRO: Non – VGT, not Carded: $350 + GST
- AM: VGT Member: $275 + GST
- AM: Non – VGT Member: $325 + GST
THURSDAY JUNE 1, 2017 at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Round 1: 12:00 Start
- Round 2: 8:00 Start
(Subject to change based on field size.)
- Amateur Practice round rate of $79+tx on June 19th, after 12pm. (Must show proof of online entry upon check-in)
- Professional Practice round rate of $50+tx on June 19th, after 12pm. Professionals are to book practice times with Head Professional Andrew Smart by calling 604.938.9898 or 1.800.386.9898.
UNBELIEVABLY AFFORDABLE PLAYER ACCOMMODATION: $60+tx /PLAYER = 2 NIGHTS STAY!
TYROL LODGE WHISLTER:
June 19 & 20 (2 nights @ $30): $60+GST
June 20 only (1 night): $40+GST
(we will give first priority for those booking 2 nights)
Those players looking to share a room in the Lodge are to pay online thru VGT and add any player names if you are intending on sharing a room with them. Most rooms have 3-5 beds (bunks) in them!! Yes it will be cozy, but VERY affordable! Great games room and view of lake as well! Should be fun!!
- Guests must bring their own bedding (sleeping bags/sheets/blankets).
- There are clean, covered mattresses on all the beds. Guests must bring their own sheets & blankets (or sleeping bag), pillows, towels and toiletries.
- All bedrooms are STRICTLY no smoking. You may not bring food or drink into the rooms.
Course Details & Location
Snowcapped Whistler peaks. A brilliant emerald-coloured lake. Majestic fir trees. Fresh, invigorating mountain air. Whistler Golf at its Finest.
This is the setting that inspired the great Jack Nicklaus to create a golf course as unique as himself. This par 71, 18-hole course winds along a gentle valley floor offering you a spectacular setting as your golfing skills are tested to the fullest. Winner of numerous awards since its opening in 1996, Nicklaus North has played host to events such as the Skins Game and the Shell’s Wonderful World of Golf, welcoming some of golf’s biggest names such as Jack Nicklaus, Nick Faldo, Ernie Els, Greg Norman, Fred Couples, John Daly, Vijay Singh and Stephen Ames to name a few.
Just minutes from the resort village of Whistler, British Columbia, Nicklaus North stands out as one of the great courses in North America. It’s no wonder this is only one of a few rare golf courses in the world bearing Jack Nicklaus’ name.
Nicklaus North Golf Course
8080 Nicklaus North Blvd.
Whistler, BC V0N 1B8
Golf Shop & Tee Time Reservations
Toll Free: 1.800.386.9898 or 1.800.i.GolfBC (446-5322) »Press 1
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
VGT Majors Series Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points from this event will count towards the Majors Series Order of Merit as follows:
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,500 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- The SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER – $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2017 Tour Championship.
- 2017 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 27th & 28th at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 7 multiple-day events as follows (dates subject to change). At the end of the 2017 JOHNSTON MEIER VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 27, 28: The VGT MASTERS
- May 18, 19: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 20, 21: CSBA WHISTLER OPEN
- July 1, 2: LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 15, 16: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- September 1-3: FIRST CLASS WASTE SERVICES FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- September 22-24: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the 2017 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
At the end of the ’16 VGT Tour Championship, the Top 5 Amateurs in each flight will share in over $7,000 in prizes!
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 20th, 2017.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.