2020 SUMMER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
2020 Traveland RV Ledgeview Open (SOLD OUT)
July 4, 2020 - July 5, 2020
2020 Traveland RV Ledgeview Open
36-Hole Event | Ledgeview Golf Club
Sat/Sun, July 4-5, 2020
TOTAL PRIZE PURSE: $20,000*
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
Back by popular demand, the Ledgeview Golf Club is proud to launch the 2020 TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN in partnership with the Vancouver Golf Tour! This year’s event is set to host 160 Amateur and Professional Golfers ready to take on the rigors of Abbotsford’s Premier Championship Layout over 36 Holes. The field will be limited to 40 Professionals and 120 Amateurs with the coveted Ledgeview Open trophy being awarded to the winner. The Ledgeview Open Champion will have the honor of having his or her name etched alongside some of BC Golf Legends Adam Hadwin, Ray Stewart, Phil Jonas and Bryn Parry!
Both male and female Professionals & Amateur Golfers are welcome with a registered Golf Canada handicap factor of 18.0 or less. This year’s tournament will have a Women’s Open Division for Pros & Amateurs (5.0 or less). All remaining male or female Amateurs will play within one of 3 handicap flights: Championship (+3 to 5.0); Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0). All players will receive lunch both days. Pros will compete for a $10,000 Total Purse and Amateurs will receive some wonderful welcome gifts and prize table all totalling $12,000!!
Full Field Size: 160 (40 Pros & 120 Amateurs)
Professional Purse: $10,000* ($2000 First Place )
*(based on full field)
Amateur Tee-gift & Prizing: $12,000*
Three Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
Women’s Open Division: Pros & Amateurs 5.0 & less: Top 1/3 of field paid out by Gross Scores.
Amateur Payout: The top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net Scores (alternating Gross and Net) in all 3 flights will make it to the prize table.
Amateurs: (Amended as of June 9th)
Current VGT Members and Ledgeview Members aged 19+ who participated in 2019 Ledgeview Open have priority entry until June 10th at 6pm PST.
After June 10th, priority entry will be given to current 2020 VGT and Ledgeview members (19+ years) in good standing until the registration deadline of June 20th at 6pm.
If the event is not full with VGT & Ledgeview Members 19+ years as of June 20th, VGT & Ledgeview Members 18 years & under will be admitted in priority of their entry being received and then non-VGT / non-Ledgeview members will be admitted into the field based on the date of their entry fee being confirmed.
The top 30 VGT Professionals* on the 2020 CLEVELAND/SRIXON Order of Merit as of June 3 have their Ledgeview Open entry guaranteed until the registration deadline of June 20 at 6pm. VGT Professionals not in the top 30 have priority entry over non-members until June 20, 2020 (or until the event is full, whichever comes first). Non-Member Pros will be admitted into the field on June 21 if the Pro field is not filled with VGT Member Pros.
*VGT Professional = 2020 VGT Member in good standing.
All players who register thru Golf Genius will show on the wait list until their entry fee is paid either by credit card or E-Transfer. If your name appears on the Ledgeview Open Player List AND your payment is processed with your bank or credit card, your entry has been confirmed.
Confirmed Ledgeview Open Player List: (CLICK HERE)
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
Entry Fee Includes
- 36-hole stroke play tournament at Ledgeview Golf Club
- Amateurs receive 6 Srixon Z-Star balls + commemorative Ledgeview Open gift ($50 value)
- Boxed Lunch Saturday and Sunday
- $100/player in Amateur Tee-gifts and Prize Table ($12,000 total)
- $40+GST practice round rate – June 29 & 30 & July 2 & 3 (2-3pm)
- Live Leaderboard mobile scoring from your phone all weekend!
- Optional $20 Gross and Net Skins games per day qualify you for 2 x $5,000 Hole-in-Ones Jackpots!
- Amateurs earn points for the 2020 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Amateur Order of Merit Race
- Pros collect points for the 2020 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Professional Order of Merit Race
- Golf Canada officiating and Professional Announcing off 1st tee both days
The event is open to Professional Golfers and to Amateur Golfers with a valid Golf Canada (Gold version) or USGA handicap factor of 18.0 or less
- PRO - VGT Member: $250+GST = $262.50
- PRO - PGA of Canada: $250+GST = $262.50
- PRO - Non-Carded (non-VGT): $300+GST = $315.00
- AM - VGT Member: $200+GST = $210.00
- AM - Non-Member: $225+GST = $236.25
- AM - Ledgeview Member: $150+GST = $157.50
OPTIONAL SKINS GAME: Optional Skins game of $20/day. Please add $40 to your E-transfer if you wish to play in skins both days.
- Gross Skins: Pros/Champ (combined)
- Net Skins: A/B Flights (combined)
All Entry Fees must be paid in advance by E-transfer or CC!!
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
E-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com If prompted to give a security question & password, please email your password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20 at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- 6:40am-3:30pm off the 1st tee both days
- Leaders will tee-off last on Sunday
Official Practice Round & Booking Procedure (June 29 – July 3):
- All players are being offered a practice round rate of $40+GST the week leading up to the event, Monday, June 29 to Friday, July 3 from 2-3pm.
- Players are to contact the Ledgeview Golf Club Pro-shop at 604.859.8993 before June 22 to arrange a practice round at this special rate and they must confirm they are entered in the Ledgeview Open field upon booking.
- After June 22 any unclaimed practice round slots will be released to the public and/or Ledgeview Membership and players will be on their own to book their practice rounds at the standard green fee rates posted at Ledgeview.
Course Details & Location
Ledgeview Golf Club features a scenic and enjoyable par 70 in the Fraser Valley. This 18-hole design is the pride of many local golf Champions including Ray Stewart, James Lepp and most recent PGA TOUR winners Adam Hadwin and Nick Taylor.
35997 McKee Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
General Phone: (604) 859-8993
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
YEAR END PLAYER AWARDS
Due to Covid-19 disrupting many of our sponsors’ commitments, all year-end player awards are TBC until further notice, other than some great news that JM MEDIA GROUP has committed to a $2,500 PRIZE for our Top Professional at the end of the VGT season. Please see below all Year-end Award announcements:
Professional Order Of Merit
Based on all Regular Season results:
- $2,500 JM MEDIA GROUP – PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD!
- One (1) x $2,500 Award sponsored by JM MEDIA GROUP
- This award must be used for Q-School Entry Fees and/or fees associated with Q-School (hotel, flights, etc)
- The award will be determined by points accumulated through the year on VGT (and other global tours).
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT AWARD – At this time is TBC
The top Professional for the entire VGT season earns a bonus (amount TBC) at the end of the 2020 Tour Championship. The previously posted $2,500 Q-School award is currently on hold due to Covid-19 possibly affecting Srixon's ability to support this bonus. As soon as we know either way, we will post what is going to be guaranteed for our Player of the Year.
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: BONUS TBC
At this time the $1,000 SRIXON/CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER BONUS is on hold until further notice. Players are still required to play a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for any SRIXON CASH BONUS made available at end of the year!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC!
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
At this time the Maui Jim Women's Division is on hold until further notice since Maui Jim's sponsorship for now is on hold. We will continue to keep the Women's Series Order of Merit Standings LIVE for those women who are competing and if Maui Jim gives us their commitment at some point in 2020, we will make an announcement at such a time.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.