2019-20 Winter Tour Schedule
- This event has passed.
Major #5 – Traveland RV Ledgeview Open
June 29, 2019 - June 30, 2019
Traveland RV - Ledgeview Open | VGT MAJOR #5
Ledgeview Golf Course | June 29-30, 2019
Back by popular demand, the Ledgeview Golf Club is proud to re-launch the 2019 TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN in partnership with the Vancouver Golf Tour! This year’s event is set to host 156 Amateur and Professional Golfers ready to take on the rigors of Abbotsford’s Premier Championship Layout over 36 Holes. The field will be limited to 40 Professionals and 116 Amateurs with the coveted Ledgeview Open trophy being awarded to the winner. The Ledgeview Open Champion will have the honor of having his or her name etched alongside some of BC Golf Legends Adam Hadwin, Ray Stewart, Phil Jonas and Bryn Parry!
Both male and female Professionals & Amateur Golfers are welcome with a registered Golf Canada handicap factor of 18.0 or less. Amateurs will play within one of 3 handicap flights: Championship (+3 to 5.0); Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0) and will be welcomed with 3 fabulous meals throughout the weekend and a premier tee-gift, Pro Purse and Amateur prize table totalling over $30,000!!
- Full Field: 40 Professionals / 116 Amateurs
- Professional Purse: $17,500 (based on full field)
- First Place: $5000
- Amateur Tee-gift & Prizing: Over $12,500 (based on full field)
- Three Amateur Flights: Championship Flight / Flight A / Flight B
- Amateur Payout: The top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net Scores (alternating Gross and Net) in all 3 flights will make it to the prize table. (based on full field)
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE / BIG MAXX / ECOVESSEL + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 36-hole stroke play tournament at Ledgeview Golf Club
- Choice of Breakfast or Lunch Saturday and Sunday
- One entry into the MAJOR SERIES OF PUTTING CONTEST (msop.com) (Saturday, June 29)
- Buffet Dinner on Saturday night
- Amateur Tee-gifts and Prize Table valued over $12,000!
- $60,000 in Hole-in-One Prize!! (4 x $5,000; 4 x $10,000)
- $35+GST practice round rate on Friday, June 28th (after 12pm)
- Driving Range Warm-up both days
- On-Course Contests both days (KP and Hole-in-one)
- Live Leaderboard Scoring thru 9 holes and 15 holes both days!
- Optional Gross and Net Skins games and Hole-in-one Progressive Jackpots! ($5,000 and $2,000 as of May 5)
- Optional Horse Race on Friday night & Long Drive Contest on Saturday Night!!
- Amateurs earn points for the 2019 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit Race featuring $7,500 in year-end prizes!
- Pros collect points for both 2019 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Regular Season OOM race and MAJOR SERIES OOM race featuring $8,000 in awards!
Schedule of Events
The event is open to all Amateur Golfers with a valid Golf Canada (Gold version) or USGA handicap card. Players have until Saturday, June 22nd, 2019 to confirm their registration for this event thru their Golf Genius member profile, or by paying online at http://vancouvergolftour.com/payment (or until the event is full, whichever comes first). VGT Professionals will have priority entry until June 22nd. If the field is not filled at that time, non-member Pros will be admitted.
Event Entry Fees
- PRO: VGT & PGA: $260+GST = $273.00
- PRO: Non-VGT/PGA: $300+GST = $315.00
- AM: All Amateurs: $210+GST = $220.50
- AM: Ledgeview Member: $160+GST = $168.00
Entries can be confirmed by filling out the payment form online and e-transferring the after-tax amounts to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "The game we play?" (golf)
Online Credit Card Payment: https://vancouvergolftour.com/payment. (online handling fees apply)
SATURDAY JUNE 22 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Tee times 7am and 12pm.
- 1st and 10th tee start both days.
- Leaders go off last on Sunday
Please contact Ledgeview Golf Club to arrange a practice round at 604.859.8993 and confirm your entry in the field.
- Amateurs: A rate of $35+GST is being offered for the official practice round on Friday, June 29th after 12pm. VGT Amateur Members are entitled to the VGT Preferred Rate of $10 off the posted rate as of April 1st. http://vancouvergolftour.com/membership/
- Professionals: Please contact Ledgeview Golf Club at 604.859.8993 or email email@example.com to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F. Professionals are being asked to make a $10 donation to the Ledgeview Golf Club for their practice rounds.
Course Details & Location
Ledgeview Golf Club features a scenic and enjoyable par 70 in the Fraser Valley. This 18 hole design is the pride of many local golf Champions including Ray Stewart, James Lepp and most recent PGA TOUR winners Adam Hadwin and Nick Taylor.
35997 McKee Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
General Phone: (604) 859-8993
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
VGT Majors Series: 36-Hole OOM Point Structure
Order of Merit (OOM) points from this event will count towards the Majors Series Order of Merit as follows:
Professional OOM ($12,000 in Year-End Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER - $2,500 Q-SCHOOL AWARD!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2019 Tour Championship.
- VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $5,000 IN BONUSES!
The VGT MAJORS SERIES consists of 8 multiple-day events below:
- April 25,26: JM MEDIA GROUP VGT MASTERS
- May 16,17: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 4,5: SOTHEBY’S REALTY WHISTLER OPEN
- June 21,22: FIRST CLASS WASTE FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- June 29,30: TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- Aug. 10,11: MIGHTY PEACE BREWING CO. LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- Aug. 17,18: TOBIANO PRO-AM (Kamloops, BC)
- Aug. 30-Sept.1: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
At the end of the VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT MAJORS SERIES will pay out $5,000 in Bonuses as follows:
- 1st Place: $2,500
- 2nd Place: $1,500
- 3rd Place: $1,000
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: $1,000 CASH BONUS
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’18 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- PERIODIC BONUSES FOR “SRIXON PLAYER OF THE MONTH”!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - $1,000 CASH – Presented by the TSN DISCOUNT GOLF CARD!
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - $1,000 CASH AWARD!
- “MAUI JIM” FEMALE AMATEUR OF THE YEAR - $500 PRIZE CREDIT
- “MAUI JIM” FEMALE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR - $1000 CASH AWARD (must play min of 5 Maui Jim events)
Amateur Order of Merit ($7,500 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Travis Mathew Apparel)
- Includes a FREE FLIGHT + 2 FREE WEEKLY GROUNDS PASSES to watch a 2019-20 PGA TOUR EVENT (does not include Majors)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.