2019 Spring/Summer Tour Schedule (Apr 16)
- This event has passed.
VGT Ledgeview Classic
April 3, 2019 @ 08:00
2019 Ledgeview Classic | Ledgeview Golf Club | Wednesday, April 3, 2019
The VGT LEDGEVIEW CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs (0-18 RCGA factor).
- Six Divisions: Professional/ Championship (0-5.0)/ Flight A (5.1-10.0)/ Flight B (10.1-18.0)/ Senior (0-8.0) / Women's Open
- Must be a minimum of 5 Women or Senior Male Amateurs registered for there to be a Division for this event. If not, then players will play within their own division or handicap flight off equitable tees versus the male (or non-senior) competitors.
- Full Field Size: 90 players
- Professional Purse: $6,500 (based on 44 Pros).
- Top 40% of the field will be paid out
- Women’s Open Division: Results and payouts are based on Gross Scores only! Pros will earn cash. Amateurs will earn prize credits
- Amateur Prizing: $40/player goes into prize credits. Fifty (50) Amateurs in field = $2,000 prize credits.
- Amateur Payout: Top 33% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in following flights: Championship: 5.0 or less. Flight A: 5.1 to 10.0. Flight B: 10.1 to 18.0. Senior Division: 55+ years*
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf at Ledgeview Golf Club – The pride of 2 PGA TOUR Winners Adam Hadwin & Nick Taylor!
- Driving Range Warm-up before and Lunch after the round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Amateur Division ($40/player in prize pool)
- Reduced green fee rate for practice round (see below)
- Live Leader board Scoring
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Both Pros & Amateurs Qualify for Order of Merit Points to earn $20,000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field until deadline to enter. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- 2017 Champion: Kevin Stinson (66) (-4)
- 2017 Amateur Winners:
- Championship Gross: Shaun Williams (72)
- Championship Net: Kyle Gerard (72)
- Flight A Gross: Michael Taplin (78)
- Flight A Net: Paul McKinney (69)
- Flight B Gross: Steve McIntosh (78)
- Flight B Net: Peter Jones (63)
- 2017 Results: Click Here
- PRO VGT Member: $160+GST
- PRO Non-Member: $210+GST
- AM VGT Member: $110+GST
- AM Non-Member: $140+GST
SAVE Handling Fee if Paid by e-Transfer, or Members Pay Cash on the Day
e-Transfer your entry fees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include Name, Event and make security question easy to answer: "The game we play?" (golf)
SATURDAY MARCH 30th at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
Tee times start at 8:00 - 12:00. (Pros, Champs, Women’s Open, A, then B)
Amateurs: Please contact Ledgeview Golf Club to arrange a practice round at 604.859.8993.
The green fee rate as of March 1st, 2019 is $40+GST/weekdays and $45+GST/weekends as posted on Ledgeview’s website, but this may change due to weather and course conditions.
As of April 1ST, 2019 Ledgeview Golf Club will rise to mid-season rates. VGT Amateur Members are entitled to practice rounds at the VGT Preferred Rate of $10 off the posted rate as of April 1ST.
Professionals: Please contact Ledgeview Golf Club at 604.859.8993 to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F at the discretion of their Golf Shop staff.
Course Details & Location
Ledgeview Golf Club features a scenic and enjoyable par 70 in the Fraser Valley. This 18 hole design is the pride of many local golf Champions including Ray Stewart, James Lepp, PGA TOUR player Adam Hadwin and PGA TOUR winner Nick Taylor.
35997 McKee Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
General Phone: (604) 859-8993
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Professional & Womens Open – Gross
- Championship Flight - Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields for this event. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Professional OOM ($12,000 in Year-End Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER - $2,500 Q-SCHOOL AWARD!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2019 Tour Championship.
- VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $5,000 IN BONUSES!
The VGT MAJORS SERIES consists of 8 multiple-day events below:
- April 25,26: JM MEDIA GROUP VGT MASTERS
- May 16,17: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 4,5: SOTHEBY’S REALTY WHISTLER OPEN
- June 21,22: FIRST CLASS WASTE FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- June 29,30: TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- Aug. 10,11: MIGHTY PEACE BREWING CO. LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- Aug. 17,18: TOBIANO PRO-AM (Kamloops, BC)
- Aug. 30-Sept.1: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
At the end of the VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT MAJORS SERIES will pay out $5,000 in Bonuses as follows:
- 1st Place: $2,500
- 2nd Place: $1,500
- 3rd Place: $1,000
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: $1,000 CASH BONUS
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’18 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- PERIODIC BONUSES FOR “SRIXON PLAYER OF THE MONTH”!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - $1,000 CASH – Presented by the TSN DISCOUNT GOLF CARD!
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - $1,000 CASH AWARD!
- “MAUI JIM” FEMALE AMATEUR OF THE YEAR - $500 PRIZE CREDIT
- “MAUI JIM” FEMALE PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR - $1000 CASH AWARD (must play min of 5 Maui Jim events)
Amateur Order of Merit ($7,500 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Travis Mathew Apparel)
- Includes a FREE FLIGHT + 2 FREE WEEKLY GROUNDS PASSES to watch a 2019-20 PGA TOUR EVENT (does not include Majors)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.