2020-21 WINTER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
2020 VGT Kings Links Open (SOLD OUT)
June 29, 2020 @ 11:00
2020 VGT KINGS LINKS OPEN
Kings Links by the Sea | Monday June 29, 2020
$7,500.00 in CASH & PRIZES (based on full field)
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
The VGT KINGS LINKS OPEN is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for Male and Female Pros and Amateurs with 18.0 or less handicap factor (male) & 22.0 or less (female).
- Professional Division
- Women’s Open Division: (Pros + Champ Flight)
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+)
- Women's A/B Division (5.1 to 22.0)
Full Field Size: 100 players
Registration Deadline: Monday, June 22, 2020 at 6pm PST
Professional Purse: $5,000 based on 32 Pros. Top 11 Pros paid out.
Amateur Prize Purse: $40/player budgeted into prize pool
Amateur Payout: Top 33% of Field paid out prizing via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights
*NOTE: Must have a minimum of 5 players registered for the Senior or Women’s Division to run separately. If we do not get 5 players registered in the Senior or Women’s Divisions, players will default back to their Handicap Division and play from an equitable set of tees.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year: (Players have until Oct.31st, 2020 to cash in their credits)
Entry Fee Includes
- 18 holes of Tournament Golf at Kings Links by the Sea
- Boxed lunch at the turn (sandwich or hot dog + drink)
- Optional Hole-in-one Jackpot & Skins Game ($20/player)
- Prizing calculated in each flight alternating Gross and Net Scores ($40/player goes into prizing)
- Awards for Gross Flight Winners
- Professionally managed with Golf Canada Officiating & Announcing on first tee
- Live Leaderboard Scoring
- Players qualify for valuable points in the Cleveland/Srixon Order of Merit Race.
Priority will be given to VGT Members in good standing until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received with payment.
- AM - VGT Member: $120+GST = $126.00
- AM - Kings Links Member: $120+GST = $126.00
- AM - Non-Member: $160+GST = $168.00
- PRO - VGT Member: $160+GST = $168.00
- PRO - PGA Member: $200+GST = $210.00
- PRO - Non-Carded (non-VGT): $250+GST = $262.50
All Entry Fees must be paid in advance by E-transfer or CC!!
All players will be placed on the wait list until payment is received. Non-members will be placed on the waitlist until the registration deadline and admitted in order of payment received if the event is not full with members.
Please add $20 to your E-transfer if you are playing in the Gross (Pros/Champ) or Net skins game. Skins payment must be received by 6pm the night before to be eligible.
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
E-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com. If prompted to give a security question & password, please email your password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
*Players can AVOID online admin fees when paying by E-Transfer.
Tournament Payment / Registration
MONDAY JUNE 22, 2020 at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- 10:30am Start
- Order: Pros, Women’s Div, Champ, Flights B then A
Course Details & Location
Kings Links by The Sea is a very unique one of a kind seaside golf course. Located adjacent to Boundary Bay in Delta, B.C. a short 10-minute drive from the Alex Fraser Bridge or the tunnel. King's Links is surrounded by breathtaking views of the Coastal Mountain range, San Juan Islands, and Mount Baker. Featuring beautifully manicured fairways, undulating greens and challenging fescue grasses buffeted by the ocean breezes. Playing Kings Links will remind you of playing golf in the British Isles.
King's Links is a traditional par 72 links style course with spectacular views of the surrounding Coastal Mountains. King's Links is a 6,865 yard Championship golf course built in the tradition of seaside links courses throughout the British Isles.
With the wind sweeping across the beautiful fescue grasses, undulating greens and beautifully manicured fairways, King's Links will provide a unique "Scottish Golfing Experience" to players of all skill levels. The Par 72 Championship course provides undulating greens, beautifully manicured fairways and windswept fescue to give a distinct impression that you are playing a seaside course in the British Isles.
Our facility includes a clubhouse with a patio featuring stunning views of the golf course and surrounding vistas. A full-length driving range area (open exclusively to members and playing public) featuring grass tee decks, chipping green and practice green.
Srixon/Cleveland Golf Order Of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Professional & Women’s Open Divisions – Gross
- Championship Flight – Gross
- Senior, Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
- Women’s Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
YEAR END PLAYER AWARDS
Due to Covid-19 disrupting many of our sponsors’ commitments, all year-end player awards are TBC until further notice, other than some great news that JM MEDIA GROUP has committed to a $2,500 PRIZE for our Top Professional at the end of the VGT season. Please see below all Year-end Award announcements:
Professional Order Of Merit
Based on all Regular Season results:
- $2,500 JM MEDIA GROUP – PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD!
- One (1) x $2,500 Award sponsored by JM MEDIA GROUP
- This award must be used for Q-School Entry Fees and/or fees associated with Q-School (hotel, flights, etc)
- The award will be determined by points accumulated through the year on VGT (and other global tours).
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT AWARD – At this time is TBC
The top Professional for the entire VGT season earns a bonus (amount TBC) at the end of the 2020 Tour Championship. The previously posted $2,500 Q-School award is currently on hold due to Covid-19 possibly affecting Srixon's ability to support this bonus. As soon as we know either way, we will post what is going to be guaranteed for our Player of the Year.
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: BONUS TBC
At this time the $1,000 SRIXON/CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER BONUS is on hold until further notice. Players are still required to play a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for any SRIXON CASH BONUS made available at end of the year!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC!
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
At this time the Maui Jim Women's Division is on hold until further notice since Maui Jim's sponsorship for now is on hold. We will continue to keep the Women's Series Order of Merit Standings LIVE for those women who are competing and if Maui Jim gives us their commitment at some point in 2020, we will make an announcement at such a time.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.