2020-21 WINTER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
2020 Golden Eagle Open: (36-Hole)
July 25, 2020 @ 07:00 - July 26, 2020 @ 21:00
GOLDEN EAGLE OPEN
36-Hole Event | Golden Eagle Golf Club
Sat/Sun, July 25-26, 2020
OVER $20,000* in CASH & PRIZES
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
Vancouver Golf Tour and the Golden Eagle Golf Club are proud to launch the Inaugural GOLDEN EAGLE OPEN Presented by BOYD AUTOBODY & GLASS on July 25 & 26, 2020!! This year’s event is set to host 120 Amateur and 40 Professional Golfers ready to take on the challenges of Pitt Meadow’s Golden Eagle Golf Club North Course over 36 Holes of Championship Golf!
The field will be limited to 40 Professionals and 120 Amateurs with the inaugural GOLDEN EAGLE OPEN trophy being awarded to the winner. The GOLDEN EAGLE OPEN Champion will have the honor of having his or her name etched as the Inaugural Champion on the annual trophy, along with 3,000 points on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit Standings.
Both male and female Professionals & Amateur Golfers are welcome with a registered Golf Canada handicap factor of 18.0 or less. This year’s tournament will have a Women’s Open Division for Pros & Amateurs (5.0 or less). All remaining male or female Amateurs will play within one of 3 handicap flights: Championship (+3 to 5.0); Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0). All players will receive lunch both days. Pros will compete for a $10,000 Total Purse and Amateurs will receive some wonderful welcome gifts and prize table all totalling $12,000!!
Full Field: 40 Professionals / 120 Amateurs
Professional Purse: $10,000*. First Place: $2,000
Amateur Tee-gift & Prizing: $12,000*
Three Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
Women’s Open Division: Pros & Amateurs 5.0 & less: Top 1/3 of field paid out by Gross Scores.
Amateur Payout: The top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net Scores (alternating Gross and Net) in all 3 flights will make it to the prize table.
*Based on Full field
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
Entry Fee Includes
- 36-hole stroke play tournament at Golden Eagle Golf Club – North Course
- Amateurs receive a commemorative Golden Eagle Open tee-gift ($40 value)
- Lunch provided to all players Saturday and Sunday (choice of sandwich/drink or smokie/drink)
- $100/player in Amateur Tee-gifts and Prize Table ($12,000 total)
- 20% off practice round rate – anytime after June 15th
- Live Leaderboard mobile scoring from your phone all weekend!
- Optional $20 Gross and Net Skins games per day qualify you for 2 x $5,000 Hole-in-Ones Jackpots!
- Amateurs earn points for the 2020 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Amateur Order of Merit Race
- Pros collect points for the 2020 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Professional Order of Merit Race
- Golf Canada officiating and Professional Announcing off 1st tee both days
The event is open to Professional Golfers and to Amateur Golfers with a valid Golf Canada (Gold version) or USGA handicap factor of 18.0 or less.
Priority entry is given to current 2020 VGT Members in good standing until the registration deadline of July 11th at 6pm. If the event is not full with members as of July 11th, non-members will be admitted into the field based on the date of their entry fee being confirmed.
The top 30 VGT Professionals* on the 2020 CLEVELAND/SRIXON Order of Merit as of June 3rd have their Golden Eagle Open entry guaranteed until the registration deadline of July 11th. VGT Professionals not in the top 30 have priority entry over non-members until the deadline of July 11th, 2020 (or until the event is full, whichever comes first). Non-Member Pros will be admitted into the field on July 12th if the Pro field is not filled with VGT Member Pros by 6pm on July 11th.
*VGT Professional = 2020 VGT Member in good standing.
All players who register thru Golf Genius will show on the wait list until their entry fee has been paid either by credit card, paypal or E-Transfer. If your name appears on the Golden Eagle Open Player List AND your event payment is processed with your bank or credit card, your entry has been confirmed.
Confirmed Golden Eagle Open Player List: (CLICK HERE)
- PRO - VGT Member: $250+GST = $262.50
- PRO - PGA of Canada: $300+GST = $315.00
- PRO - Non-Carded (non-VGT): $300+GST = $315.00
- AM - VGT Member: $210+GST = $220.50
- AM - Non-Member: $250+GST = $262.50
SKINS GAME: Optional Skins game of $20/day. Please add $40 to your E-transfer if you wish to play in skins both days. Skins entry includes entry into the $5,000 Progressive Hole-in-one pots.
- Gross Skins: Pros/Champ (combined)
- Net Skins: A/B Flights (combined)
All Entry Fees must be paid in advance by E-transfer or CC!!
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
E-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com If prompted to give a security question & password, please email your password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
MONDAY JULY 20
SATURDAY, JULY 11 at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- 7am-9am & 12:20-2:20 off the 1 & 10 both days.
- Leaders will tee-off last on Sunday.
All VGT Amateurs and non-PGA Pros are being offered practice round rates at 20% off posted green fee rates after June 15th. Players are asked to use the code VGT20 for 20% off the regular green fee prices. Players must show their 2020 VGT Membership card upon check-in.
PGA Carded Pros are to send an email to Head Professional Jamie Baxter at email@example.com or by phone at 604-460-1111 to enquire about available opportunities for one practice round.
Course Details & Location
Golden Eagle Golf Club – 4 Seasons of Golf & Entertainment
Surrounded by sweeping views of some of the most scenic backdrops BC has to offer, Golden Eagle Golf Club is home to 36 holes of golf, a stunning banquet space and a massive patio famous for its sunsets and authentic Forno pizza. This hidden gem welcomes all and offers fantastic value in local golf and events!
21770 Ladner Road
Pitt Meadows, BC
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
YEAR END PLAYER AWARDS
Due to Covid-19 disrupting many of our sponsors’ commitments, all year-end player awards are TBC until further notice, other than some great news that JM MEDIA GROUP has committed to a $2,500 PRIZE for our Top Professional at the end of the VGT season. Please see below all Year-end Award announcements:
Professional Order Of Merit
Based on all Regular Season results:
- $2,500 JM MEDIA GROUP – PLAYER OF THE YEAR AWARD!
- One (1) x $2,500 Award sponsored by JM MEDIA GROUP
- This award must be used for Q-School Entry Fees and/or fees associated with Q-School (hotel, flights, etc)
- The award will be determined by points accumulated through the year on VGT (and other global tours).
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT AWARD – At this time is TBC
The top Professional for the entire VGT season earns a bonus (amount TBC) at the end of the 2020 Tour Championship. The previously posted $2,500 Q-School award is currently on hold due to Covid-19 possibly affecting Srixon's ability to support this bonus. As soon as we know either way, we will post what is going to be guaranteed for our Player of the Year.
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: BONUS TBC
At this time the $1,000 SRIXON/CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER BONUS is on hold until further notice. Players are still required to play a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for any SRIXON CASH BONUS made available at end of the year!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC
- IGA MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR - CASH AWARD TBC!
Maui Jim Women's Series Order of Merit
At this time the Maui Jim Women's Division is on hold until further notice since Maui Jim's sponsorship for now is on hold. We will continue to keep the Women's Series Order of Merit Standings LIVE for those women who are competing and if Maui Jim gives us their commitment at some point in 2020, we will make an announcement at such a time.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.