Click Here for 2018 Spring/Summer Schedule
- This event has passed.
Major #4 – First Class Waste Inc. Fraser Valley Open
June 23, 2018 - June 24, 2018
Chilliwack Golf Club and Sandpiper Golf Course are excited to announce the 5th ANNUAL FIRST CLASS WASTE SERVICES FRASER VALLEY OPEN. This two day, 36-hole tournament will host 40 of BC’s leading Golf Professionals and 80 Amateur golfers.
"The Fraser Valley Open will be one of the largest prize purses on the Vancouver Golf Tour (VGT) ‘order of merit’ schedule, and we are excited to partner with Fraser Mulholland and the VGT" stated Organizing Committee Member Bryan Ewart.
- Full Field Size: 40 PROS, 80 Amateurs
- Professional Purse: $25,000*
First Place: $10,000* (*based on full field)
- Amateur Prizing & Tee-Gifts: $35,000*
Top Gross and Net Scores in 3 Handicap Flights will win prizing.
This is an open event for Amateurs. Priority will be given to the first paid entries. All amateur participants must have a valid Golf Canada HDCP not to exceed 18.0. Professionals must be a 2018 VGT Member in good standing. The top 10 eligible VGT Pros from 2017 Order of Merit + top 10 VGT Pros on 2018 Order of Merit (as of May 30th) are exempt in the field and have until June 15th to register to hold their spot.
- PRO: $225+GST
- AM: $225+GST
- Chilliwack Member: $175+GST
- Sandpiper member: $175+GST
MONDAY, JUNE 18 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Round 1: Chilliwack Golf Club
- 8:00am Shotgun Start for all players
- First Class Waste Pro-Am: Chilliwack Golf Club
- 2:00pm Shotgun – Top 20 Pros + Sponsors
- Round 2: Sandpiper Golf Course
- 8:00am Start. Final Tee-time at 2pm.
- Times subject to change based on field size.
Course Details & Location
Round 1 – Chilliwack Golf Club, established in 1958, is a semi-private facility located between Chilliwack and Abbotsford-- only 45 minutes from Vancouver. It features magnificent tree-lined fairways, a creek that meanders through the back nine and breathtaking mountain vistas in every direction. The club has 500+ members who are passionate about both golf and their club. Seeing more than 50,000 rounds played last year, the Chilliwack Golf Club is a popular destination for many golfers in the area and plays host to one of the longest running and most successful “Opens” in the province each July.
For more information, contact:
Bryan Ewart, General Manager
Round 2 – Sandpiper Golf Course, recent winner of the PGA of BC’s “Hidden Gem” awards, is located 75 minutes East of Vancouver and is open to the public 364 days a year. This par 72 course runs 6,500 yards from the back tees, and is gently sloped, featuring four sets of tees for all playing abilities. Canadian course designer, Russ Olsen, has done an amazing job of taking advantage of the spectacular water and mountain vistas when designing this masterpiece. Sandpiper Golf Course has played host to several Vancouver Golf Tour events, most notably the 2013 Canada Bread BC Match Play & the VGT’s Inaugural 36-Hole Major Series Event the ‘2013 VGT Sandpiper Open’.
For more information, contact:
Ted Swaine, General Manager
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership. Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system:
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,000 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN EXEMPTION FOR TOP VGT PROFESSIONAL!
The top VGT Member* on the SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit at the end of the VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP on May 18th will earn an exemption into the MACKENZIE TOUR’s FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN event at Point Grey Golf & C.C. (*Not already exempt into the F55 Financial Open).
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER: $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2018 Tour Championship.
- 2018 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT: $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 26 & 27 at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 8 multiple-day events below. At the end of the 2018 JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 26, 27: The VGT MASTERS
- May 17, 18: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- May 29, 30: WHISTLER OPEN
- June 23, 24: FIRST CLASS WASTE FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- June 30, July 1: TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 10, 11: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- August 18, 19: TOBIANO PRO-AM (Kamloops, BC)
- Sept 21 - 23: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’18 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 8 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Presented by the TSN DISCOUNT GOLF CARD! $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- FEMALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: $500 BONUS!
There must be minimum of 10 female 'OPEN DIVISION' Members for award to be given out.
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight "PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE" (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight