- This event has passed.
The Annual Fraser Cup
October 6, 2019
7th ANNUAL “FRASER CUP”
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course | Sunday, Oct. 6, 2019 | 9:30 Start
On Sunday, October 6th the Vancouver Golf Tour (VGT) and Chilliwack Golf League (CGL) will do battle at Pagoda Ridge Golf course for the 7th Annual “FRASER CUP”. Like many of you experienced in 2018 this Match Play event will pitch the CGL’s match play specialists against the tour hardened veterans of the VGT. The title of this event comes from the geographical nature of the FRASER RIVER being the major divide between Chilliwack & the rest of the Lower Mainland.
The field is limited to 30 players from each organization for a total of 60 players. The selection to determine the 30 VGT Team Members is as follows:
HERE’S HOW TEAM VGT IS DETERMINED:
- The Commish will Captain Team VGT and play the Captain of the Chilliwack Golf League.
- 15 ‘OPEN’ spots available for the VGT Team
- 14 ‘EXEMPT’ spots for those on the OOM (see below)
15 OPEN SPOTS:
There will be a total of 15 spots available (5 per flight) on a first come, first registered basis on Golf Genius and by emailing their pullover size to email@example.com. Your entry will be confirmed with a reply email by me, so if no email is received, your entry has not been confirmed.
14 EXEMPT SPOTS AS FOLLOWS:
- The top 5 VGT Amateurs in Champ Flight on the current Order of Merit (as of Sept.18th) have until Sept.27th to register online through Golf Genius & provide their pullover size to guarantee their spot on the team.
- The top 5 VGT Amateurs in Flight A on the current Order of Merit (as of Sept.18th) have until Sept.27th to register online through Golf Genius & provide their shirt size to guarantee their spot on the team.
- The top 5 VGT Amateurs in Flight B on the current Order of Merit (as of Sept.18th) have until Sept.27th to register online through Golf Genius & provide their shirt size to guarantee their spot on the team.
2019 ORDER OF MERIT (AS OF SEPT.18)
Want to represent Team VGT?
Whether you are in the top of the Order of Merit or not, please register on Golf Genius and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your pullover size at your earliest convenience.
All Pre-exempted players are asked to please register on Golf Genius by Sept.27th and email their pullover size to email@example.com!!
Please follow up either with payment online by Sept.27th or bring your payment to the Tour Championship on that day.
- Online Payment: https://vancouvergolftour.com/payment
- E-Transfers sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Players from each team will be ranked by handicap on the day, and paired off 1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, etc. Each match will be worth 1 point to the winner, or half a point each in the event of a tie. Matches will be played over 18 holes. All matches will be scored on a gross basis unless the difference in handicap between the players is greater than 4 strokes, in which case the full stroke allowance will be used. The maximum allowable handicap for the event will be 18. Players with handicaps over 18 may still play but will be capped.
Once all matches have been completed, the team with the most points will win the FRASER Cup. In the event the inaugural match is tied, a tie will result in the reigning champions retaining the cup (in this case, VGT).
- Tee-times: 9:30am-11:30am Tee-time Start
- Entry Fee: $120+GST ($126.00). Pay by e-transfer to email@example.com
If you are sending a password, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry includes the following:
- 18 holes of Golf at Pagoda Ridge Golf Course
- Cutter/Buck “Limited Edition” Fraser Cup Team ¼ zip pullover (Please submit size)
- Buffet Dinner + one (1) Beer/wine drink ticket
- Commemorative gift for the winning team members
- Team Name etched into the FRASER CUP Trophy & team pictures posted on social media
To allow time for correct sizing and embroidery of pullovers, the deadline for enrollment in the event is September 27th or as soon as we are full. Get your entry in now and don’t miss out on this 7th Annual Ryder Cup style event.
Want to Sponsor Team VGT’s uniform??
Want to help reduce our Team’s entry fees for the event? Get your company’s logo on all 30 VGT Team pullovers, a Sponsorship welcome sign at the event and a commemorative framed award recognizing your sponsorship. To enquire on sponsorship details and costs please email email@example.com.