2020 SUMMER SCHEDULE CHANGING AS EVENTS CONFIRMED – PLEASE CHECK BACK OFTEN
- This event has passed.
[SOLD OUT] Chilliwack Championship (18-Hole)
June 18, 2020 @ 11:00
2020 VGT CHILLIWACK CHAMPIONSHIP 18-HOLE EVENT
Seniors (55+), Flight A & B Amateurs
Chilliwack Golf Club | Thursday, June 18, 2020
***PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING***
BY REGISTERING, YOU AGREE TO ADHERE TO ALL COVID-19 SAFETY PROCEDURES OUTLINED IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS HERE:
The VGT CHILLIWACK CHAMPIONSHIP is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for Male and Female Senior Amateurs (55+) and Male and Female Amateurs in Flight A & Flight B with (5.1 to 18.0 – Men) (5.1 to 22.0 – Women) handicap factor.
Three Amateur Divisions:
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior Am* (55+ years old)
Full Field Size: 36 players
Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all amateur divisions.
Registration Deadline: Thursday, June 11, 2020 at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever is 1st).
*Note: There must be a minimum of 10 Flight A and 10 Flight B players registered for prizing to be paid out in separate flights. If less than 10 players registered in each flight, the top one Flight A and top one Flight B Gross winners will be paid out and then all other prizing will be based on net scores in Flight A & B combined.
There must be a minimum of five Senior Amateur players (55+) registered for the event by the deadline for there to be a separate Senior Division event. If not, players will play in their own flight for the 18-hole event.
Order of Merit points will always be collected within a player’s own flight, not shared flighting!
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
Top results will earn VGT Prize Credits that can be cashed in for the following premium brands throughout the year:
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Hole stroke play tournament at the Chilliwack Golf Club
- Boxed lunch at the turn (sandwich or hotdog + soft drink, snack)
- $40/player budgeted for prizing
- Driving Range Warm-up TBC (Availability may be restricted due to Covid-19)
- Discounted Practice round rate (see below)
- Live Leaderboard Scoring
- Unparalleled Professional Tournament Experience
- First Tee Announcing and Golf Canada Officiating
- Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit Event – Qualify for Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to Members in the field until the registration deadline. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline on June 11th. Non-members are recommended to register with payment well in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available.
- AM - VGT Member: $110+GST = $115.50
- AM - Non-Member: $150+GST = $157.50
- AM - Chilliwack Member*: $110+GST = $115.50
*Must be a Chilliwack Golf Club Member in good standing and eligible for Thursday and Friday play during the day to qualify.
A&B FLIGHT NET SKINS GAME: $20 (Optional)
*Skins Game payments must be made in advance by E-transfer. Please add $20 to your E-transfer total if you wish to play.
*ALL PLAYERS must pay in advance online either with Credit Card or by sending an E-Transfer.
- Interac e-Transfer (no handling fees)
E-Transfer your entry fees to: email@example.com If prompted to give a security question & password, please email your password to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Credit Card / PayPal (handling fees apply)
THURSDAY, JUNE 11 at 6:00pm PST or when the event is full (whichever comes first).
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Tee times start at 11:00am
NOTE: Based on the fluidity of COVID-19, players will be emailed a memo regarding what access they will have (if any) to the driving range & short game area prior to their start time both days.
Practice Rounds are at $50 + GST per player at available times for the club one week prior to the Major Series event (June 11-17, 2020) Players must either show their 2020 VGT Membership card or proof they are registered for the Player’s Championship to receive this rate.
Course Details & Location
The Chilliwack Golf Club, established in 1958, is a semi-private facility located between Chilliwack and Abbotsford, only 45 minutes from Vancouver. It features magnificent tree lined fairways, a creek that meanders through the back nine and breathtaking mountain vistas in every direction. Members and non-members have enjoyed the Fraser Valley’s most popular golf course for over 50 years. With a reputation for year-round world class conditioning, Chilliwack has played host to every major Provincial Championship – and always to rave reviews.
Set against the stunning backdrop of the Cascade and Coastal Mountains, the Chilliwack Golf Club promises you a relaxing and enjoyable golf experience. In additional our fully stocked pro shop can accommodate all of your golfing needs, and our staff is dedicated to providing a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
- Men’s Senior Am. – Gross
Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Amateur Order of Merit
- Based on a player’s best 10 results from 2020 Spring/Summer season
- Five Amateur Flights:
- Championship Flight (5.0 & less)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Senior (55+ years of age)
- Women’s Division
- Top players win prizes
- Order of Merit Prize Values this year are TBC. They will ultimately be a function of sponsorship support that VGT receives in the coming weeks and months. We thank-you for your patience in posting these bonuses.
- All Order of Merit Flight Winners will be guaranteed to receive at special award recognizing their achievement and a Prize valued no less than $500/person.
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing in March.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.