2018 BRAD GARSIDE OPEN | Beach Grove Golf Club | Monday, March 19th
The BRAD GARSIDE OPEN is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs (0-18 RCGA factor).
- 9:00am Start (Pros, Champ, A, B)
- Four Amateur Flights: Championship / Flight A / Flight B / Senior Men* (0-8 factor, 55+)
- One Professional Division: Tour Division
- One Women’s Division: Women’s Open (Pros & Amateur 5.0 & Under)*
- Full Field Size: 112 players
- Professional Purse: $7,500 (based on 40 Pros, Top 40% of Professional field will be paid)
- Amateur Prizing: $4,500 (based on 72 Amateurs)
- Amateur Payout: Top 33% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights (Championship (5.0 or less), Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0), Senior (0-8.0)
*Must be a minimum of 5 Women or Senior Male Amateurs registered for there to be a Division for this event. If not, then players will play within their own handicap flight off equitable tees
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits:
BUSHNELL / CLEVELAND GOLF / SRIXON / TRAVIS MATHEW APPAREL / LINKSOUL APPAREL / MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES / GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR / 2UNDR BRIEFS / NEW BALANCE GOLF SHOES / PROJEKT LUGGAGE + MORE
Entry Fee Includes:
- Ecovessel Triple Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle (24 hours cold; 12 hours hot)
- 18-Holes of Championship Golf in 3-somes
- Pro Purse & Amateur Flighted Prizing
- Driving Range Warm-up before and Luncheon after round
- Gross & Net prizing within 3 Amateur Divisions
- Opportunity to play a practice round (see rate below) at Beach Grove – A Premier Private Club
- Live Leader board Scoring thru 9 and 18 holes
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points & $15,000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- 2017 Champion: Riley Wheeldon (67) -4 $1,500
- 2017 Runner-up: Luke Bogdan & Jamie Oleskiew (68) -3 $900 ea.
- 2017 Amateur Winners:
- Championship Gross: Alex Lee (68) -3 ($300 credit
- Champ Net: Robbie Woods (70) -1 $250 credit
- Flight A Gross: Matt Fahey 79 (+8) ($300 prize credit)
- Flight A Net: Steve McIntosh 70 (-1) $250 credit
- Flight B Gross: Robert Parihar 82 (+11) $300
- Flight B Net: Dayton Moore 69 (-2) $250 credit
- 2017 Event Summary & Prizes: Click to View
- PRO: VGT Member = $160+GST
- PRO: Non-Member = $210+GST
- AM: VGT Member = $120+GST
- AM: Non-Member = $160+GST
SAVE $10 ON YOUR ENTRY!!
- PAY by E-TRANSFER | All Players
- CASH or CHEQUE | Members Only
- Amateurs: Please contact Head Professional Brent Derrheim to arrange a practice round at 604.948.5522. Amateurs are entitled to one practice round at the rate of $50+GST (M-F after 12 noon, on the week prior to event)
- Professionals: Please contact Head Professional Brent Derrheim at 604.948.5552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F.
- Thursday, March 15th, 2018 at 8pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first).
- Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
Tee times will run from 9:00 – 14:00
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Professional – Gross
- Championship Flight – Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields for this event. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,000 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER: $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2017 Tour Championship.
- 2018 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT: $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 26th & 27th at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 8 multiple-day events as follows. At the end of the 2018 JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 26, 27: The VGT MASTERS
- May 17, 18: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- May 29, 30: WHISTLER OPEN
- June 23, 24: FIRST CLASS WASTE FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- June 30, July 1: TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 10, 11: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- August 18, 19: TOBIANO PRO-AM (Kamloops, BC)
- September 21 – 23rd: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the 2018 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR: $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- FEMALE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: $500 BONUS!
There must be minimum of 10 female ‘OPEN DIVISION’ Members for award to be given out.
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season.
- Top 10 Prize values are based on a minimum of 30 members joining in each flight
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.
Course Details & Location
BEACH GROVE GOLF CLUB
5946 12th Avenue, Tsawwassen, B.C. Canada V4L 1C7
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Membership Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
BEACH GROVE GOLF CLUB POLICIES:
The dress code at Beach Grove Golf Club is founded on the Value Statement and on the belief of RESPECT for fellow members, guests and staff.
MALES – Permitted
Appropriate golf attire to include:
All shirts must have sleeves and collars
Turtlenecks and mock turtlenecks
Tailored pants, slacks and shorts
Golf hats are to be worn with the peak forward
MALES – Not Permitted
Tennis shorts, sweat pants, cut-offs, t-shirts, tank tops, shirts with slogans, numbers or illustrations, headgear with logos (except golf and sports related insignia)
FEMALES – Permitted
Appropriate golf attire to include:
Tailored pants, slacks, Capri Pants, golf skirts and shorts
Shirts with collars, turtlenecks, mock turtlenecks, round neck shirts with sleeves and collared shirts that are sleeveless
FEMALES – Not Permitted
T-shirts, tank and bare midriff tops, see through shirts, halter tops, warm-up suits and spandex style cycling, exercise or yoga shorts, leggings, tennis shorts or tennis skirts
ALL – Not Permitted
Denim, of any type, on the golf Course
Metal spikes on golf shoes
ALL – Permitted
All clothing items permitted on the golf course. Women may wear sleeveless tops/dresses without collars
Smart casual dress attire including denim pants only
ALL – Not Permitted
Golf shoes in the upstairs areas
Clothing items that are ripped, torn, stained or acid-washed
All headgear, including hats and visors in the upstairs areas
The use of wireless devices interferes with the game of golf, therefore while on the course, all such devices should be in the silent/vibrate mode
The use of cellular phones for verbal communication and use of laptop computers are not permitted in any of the public dining areas, including the Bistro. At all times, when using electronic devices, consideration must be given to fellow members, guests and staff