2017 Pagoda Ridge Classic | Pagoda Ridge Golf Course | Wednesday, April 12, 2017
The VGT PAGODA RIDGE CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs (0-18 RCGA factor).
- Four Amateur Flights:
*Must have minimum of 5 registered in each flight for prizing purposes.
- Championship (+3 to 5.0)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Women’s (Open)
- Two Professional Divisions:
- Tour Division
- Apprentice Division
- Full Field Size: 100 players
- Professional Purse: $6,000. First place: $1,500 (based on 40 Pros).
- Top 40% of field will be paid in Tour Division and 40% in Apprentice Pro Division*
- Amateur Prizing: $2,000 (based on 60 Amateurs)
- Amateur Payout: Top 40% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all Amateur Flights
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES
- GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR
- 2UNDR BRIEFS
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- IGA GIFT CARDS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf
- Luncheon voucher provided after round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Amateur Division
- Practice round rate of $30+GST (see available times below)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in tour-like conditions
- Live Leader board scoring at the turn!
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – $15,000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the Registration Deadline (April 9th). Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
Are designated professional that are not currently or have not been a member of any mini-tour (other than VGT) or sanctioned tour (PGA Tour Canada, Web.com, European, Asian, Japanese Tour…) for the last 2 years. VGT Professionals from 2015 or 2016 may play as an Apprentice Professional if they meet the following criteria: A) They have played less than 12 Tour Division events in last 2 years and B) They have less than $2,000 in combined earnings from 2015 and 2016 VGT Tour Professional events.
- 2016 Pro Champion:
- 2016 Apprentice Champion:
- 2016 Amateur Winners:
- Championship: Corey Clermont 72 (E)
- Flight A Gross: Curtis Jordan (79)
- Flight B Gross: Peter Jones (81)
- 2016 Event Prizes: Click Here.
- VGT Member – Professional: $155+GST
- Non – Member – Professional: $205+GST
- VGT Member – Amateur: $110+GST
- Non – Member – Amateur: $140+GST
MONDAY APRIL 10th at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
Tee times start at 10:30 – 2:00. (Pros, Championship, A, B)
VGT, PGA of Canada and MACKENZIE TOUR CANADA Professionals are asked to call the Pro-shop at604-856-0929 to arrange one complimentary practice round on Monday-Friday leading up to the event at a non-peak time at the discretion of the golf club.
Non-carded Professionals and Amateurs are being offered the following practice round rates:
- $10 off posted weekday rate (after 12pm). Does not include holidays
Course Details & Location
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18 hole course plays just beyond 7000 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.
7887 264th Street, Langley, BC Phone: 604-856-0929
General Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org Pro Shop: email@example.com
Website: http://www.pagodaridge.ca Twitter: @golfpagodaridge
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Tour & Apprentice Professional – Gross
- Championship Flight – Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields for this event. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,500 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN EXEMPTION FOR TOP VGT PROFESSIONAL!
The top VGT Member* on the SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit at the end of the VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP on May 19th will earn an exemption into the MACKENZIE TOUR’s FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN event at Point Grey Golf & C.C. (*Not already exempt into the F55 Financial Open).
- The SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER – $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2017 Tour Championship.
- 2017 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 27th & 28th at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 7 multiple-day events as follows (dates subject to change). At the end of the 2017 JOHNSTON MEIER VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 27, 28: The VGT MASTERS
- May 18, 19: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 20, 21: CSBA WHISTLER OPEN
- July 1, 2: LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 15, 16: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- September 1-3: FIRST CLASS WASTE SERVICES FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- September 22-24: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the 2017 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 20th, 2017.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.