VGT Players Championship | Sandpiper Golf Course | May 18, 2017
Players Championship – 18 Hole Event
- Apprentice Professionals
- Flight A & B Amateurs
The VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Apprentice Professionals and Flight A/B Amateurs (10.0 -18.0 Golf Canada factor).
- Three Amateur Flights:
*Must have minimum of 5 registered in each flight for prizing purposes.
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- Women’s (A/B combined)
- One Professional Division
- Full Field Size: 60 players
- Professional Purse: Top 40% in Apprentice Pro Division will be paid out
- Amateur Prizing: $2,000 (based on 50 Amateurs)
- Amateur Payout: Top 35% of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all amateur divisions.
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES
- GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR
- 2UNDR BRIEFS
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- BIG MAX PUSH CARTS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf
- Luncheon voucher provided after round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Amateur Division
- Practice round rate of $30+GST (see available times below)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs in tour-like conditions
- Live Leader board scoring at the turn!
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – $15,000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
*Apprentice Professionals: Are designated professional that are not currently or have not been a member of any mini-tour (other than VGT) or sanctioned tour (PGA Tour Canada, Web.com, European, Asian, Japanese Tour…) for the last 2 years. VGT Professionals from 2015 or 2016 may play as an Apprentice Professional if they meet the following criteria: A) They have played less than 12 Tour Division events in last 2 years and B) They have less than $2,000 in combined earnings from 2015 and 2016 VGT Tour Professional events.
- PRO: VGT Member: $155 + GST
- PRO: Non-Member: $205 + GST
- AM: VGT Member: $110 + GST
- AM: Non-Member: $140 + GST
SATURDAY MAY 14th at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Apprentices: 9:30 start
- Amateurs: 12:00 Start
(Subject to change based on field size.)
Amateurs: Please contact Sandpiper Golf Course at 604.796.1000 to arrange a practice round. VGT Amateur Members are entitled to practice rounds at the VGT Preferred Rate of $30/player year round valid Monday-Friday excluding holidays after 12pm. (Taxes Extra)
Professionals: PGA Pros Please contact Ted Swaine at 604.796.1000 or email Ted Swaine at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F. Non-PGA Pros are able to take advantage of the $30 practice round rate.
Course Details & Location
Sandpiper Golf Course, recent winner of the PGA of BC’s “Hidden Gem” awards, is located 75 minutes East of Vancouver and is open to the public 364 days a year. This par 72 course runs 6,500 yards from the back tees, and is gently sloped, featuring four sets of tees for all playing abilities. Canadian course designer, Russ Olsen, has done an amazing job of taking advantage of the spectacular water and mountain vistas when designing this masterpiece. Sandpiper Golf Course has played host to several Vancouver Golf Tour events, most notably the 2013 Canada Bread BC Match Play & the VGT’s Inaugural 36-Hole Major Series Event the ‘2013 VGT Sandpiper Open’.
14282 Morris Valley Road
Harrison Mills, British Columbia
Golf Shop: (604)796-1000
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Apprentice Professional – Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the 2017 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 20th, 2017.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.