2017 VGT Masters | Morgan Creek Golf Course | April 27, 2017
- Apprentice Professionals
- Flight A & B Amateurs
The VGT MASTERS is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Apprentice Pros and for Male and Female Amateurs in Flight A & B (5.1 to 18.0 factor).
- Three Amateur Divisions: Flight A / Flight B / Women’s*
- Full Field Size: 48 players
- Top 40% in Apprentice Pro Division will be paid out
- Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 of Field paid out via alternating Gross AND Net Scores in all amateur divisions.
*Note: There must be a minimum of 10 Flight A and 10 Flight B players registered for prizing to be paid out in separate flights. If less than 10 players registered in each flight, the top Flight A and top flight B Gross winners will be paid out and then all other prizing will be based on net scores in Flight A & B combined. There must also be a minimum of 5 women in the field to hold separate women’s division prizing. Otherwise women playing in the event will compete in their handicap flight against male golfers from an equitable tee length with similar slope and rating. Order of Merit points will always be collected within a player’s own flight, not shared flighting!
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES
- GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR
- 2UNDR BRIEFS
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- BIG MAX PUSH CARTS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf
- Driving Range Warm-up
- Lunch at the turn
- Top 4 Gross & Top 4 Net prizing within each Flight (based on 20 in each flight)
- Discounted Practice Round Rate (see below)
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Semi-Private Golf Clubs
- Live Leader board Scoring
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – Over $15,000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
*Apprentice Professionals: Are designated professional that are not currently or have not been a member of any mini-tour (other than VGT) or sanctioned tour (PGA Tour Canada, Web.com, European, Asian, Japanese Tour…) for the last 2 years. VGT Professionals from 2015 or 2016 may play as an Apprentice Professional if they meet the following criteria: A) They have played less than 12 Tour Division events in last 2 years and B) They have less than $2,000 in combined earnings from 2014 and 2015 VGT Tour Professional events.
- PRO: VGT Member: $155 + GST
- PRO: Non-Member: $205 + GST
- AM: VGT Member: $120 + GST
- AM: Non-Member: $155 + GST
*Professionals must make a $10 donation to Morgan Creek Junior Fund at the time of registration on the day of the event.
SATURDAY APRIL 22, 2017 at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Apprentices: 10am start
- Amateurs: 12:30pm Start
(Subject to change based on field size.)
PGA of Canada Professionals are asked to call the Pro-shop at 604-531-4653 to arrange one complimentary practice round on Monday-Friday leading up to the event at a non-peak time at the discretion of the golf club. Professionals must make a $10 donation to the Morgan Creek Junior Program.
Non-carded Professionals and Amateurs are being offered the following practice round rates:
- $49+tx (after 1pm). Up to 7 days prior to the tournament
- Players must show either their VGT Player Credentials money clips or confirmation of payment for the event to receive preferred green fee price.
Course Details & Location
3500 Morgan Creek Way
Surrey, BC V3Z 0J7
Phone: (604) 531-4653
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership:
- Apprentice Professional – Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the 2017 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 20th, 2017.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.