Traveland RV – Ledgeview Open | Ledgeview Golf Course | July 1-2, 2017
VGT Majors Series #4
- Total Prize Purse: $24,000*
- Sat-Sun, July 1-2, 2017
- 36-HOLE MAJOR – Professionals & Amateurs (18.0 & under)
- Three Amateur Flights:
- Championship (5.0 and under)
- Flight A (5.1 to 10.0)
- Flight B (10.1 to 18.0)
- One Professional Flight:
Back by popular demand, the Ledgeview Golf Club is proud to re-launch the TRAVELAND RV LEDGEVIEW OPEN in partnership with the Vancouver Golf Tour! This year’s event is set to host 156 Amateur and Professional Golfers ready to take on the rigors of Abbotsford’s Premier Championship Layout over 36 Holes. The field will be limited to 40 Professionals and 116 Amateurs with the coveted Ledgeview Open trophy being awarded to the winner who will have the honor of having his or her name etched alongside some of BC Golf Legends Adam Hadwin, Ray Stewart, Phil Jonas and Bryn Parry!
Both male and female Professionals & Amateur Golfers are welcome with a registered Golf Canada handicap factor of 18.0 or less. Amateurs will play within one of 3 handicap flights: Championship (+3 to 5.0); Flight A (5.1 to 10.0) and Flight B (10.1 to 18.0) and will be welcomed with 3 fabulous meals throughout the weekend and a premier tee-gift, Pro Purse and Amateur prize table totalling over $24,000!!
- Full Field Size: 156 Players (40 Pros & 116 Amateurs)
- Professional Purse: $12,000* (based on full field)
- Amateur Prizing: Over $12,000 in Amateur Prizing* (including welcome gifts)
The top 5 Gross & Top 5 Net Scores (alternating Gross and Net) in all 3 flights will make it to the prize table. (based on full field)
Schedule of Events
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES
- GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR
- 2UNDR BRIEFS
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- BIG MAX PUSH CARTS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 36 hole stroke play tournament at Ledgeview Golf Club
- Choice of Breakfast or Lunch Saturday and Sunday
- Buffet Dinner on Saturday night
- Amateur Tee-gifts and Prize Table valued over $12,000!
- $35+GST practice round rate on Friday, June 30th (after 12pm)
- Driving Range Warm-up both days
- Chance to qualify for Johnston Meier Insurance $1Million Shoot-out
- On-Course Contests both days (KP and Hole-in-one)
- Live Leaderboard Scoring thru 9 holes and 15 holes both days!
- Optional Gross and Net Skins games and Hole-in-one Progressive Jackpot! ($4,600 as of April 23)
- Optional Horse Race on Friday night & Long Drive Contest on Saturday Night!!
- Amateurs earn points for the 2017 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit Race featuring $7,500 in year-end prizes!
- Pros collect points for both 2017 SRIXON/CLEVELAND Regular Season OOM race and MAJOR SERIES OOM race featuring $8,500 in awards!
The event is open to all Amateur Golfers with a valid Golf Canada or USGA handicap card. Players have until Saturday, June 24th, 2017 to confirm their registration for this event thru their Golf Genius member profile, or by paying online at http://vancouvergolftour.com/payment (or until the event is full, whichever comes first).
- PROFESSIONAL: $250 + GST
- AMATEUR: $200 + GST
- LEDGEVIEW MEMBERS (AM): $150 + GST
SATURDAY JUNE 24, 2017 at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- 7am and 12pm first and 10th tee starts both days.
- Leaders go off last on Sunday.
(Subject to change based on field size.)
Please contact Ledgeview Golf Club to arrange a practice round at 604.859.8993.
- Amateurs: Friday, June 30th (after 12pm): A rate of $35+GST is being offered for the official practice round on Friday, June 30th after 12pm. VGT Amateur Members are entitled to the VGT Preferred Rate of $10 off the posted rate as of April 1st. http://vancouvergolftour.com/membership/
- Professionals: Please contact Ledgeview Golf Club at 604.859.8993 or email email@example.com to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F.
Course Details & Location
Ledgeview Golf Club features a scenic and enjoyable par 70 in the Fraser Valley. This 18 hole design is the pride of many local golf Champions including Ray Stewart, James Lepp and most recent PGA TOUR winners Adam Hadwin and Nick Taylor.
35997 McKee Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
General Phone: (604) 859-8993
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
VGT Majors Series Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points from this event will count towards the Majors Series Order of Merit as follows:
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,500 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN EXEMPTION FOR TOP VGT PROFESSIONAL!
The top VGT Professional on the SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit at the end of the VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP on May 19th will earn an exemption into the MACKENZIE TOUR’s FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN event at Point Grey Golf & C.C.
*=Top VGT Professional not already exempt into the F55 Financial Open (must be a Majors Member in good standing)
- The SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER – $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2017 Tour Championship.
- 2017 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 27th & 28th at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 7 multiple-day events as follows (dates subject to change). At the end of the 2017 JOHNSTON MEIER VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 27, 28: The VGT MASTERS
- May 18, 19: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 20, 21: CSBA WHISTLER OPEN
- July 1, 2: LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 15, 16: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- September 1-3: FIRST CLASS WASTE SERVICES FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- September 22-24: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the 2017 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,500 in Prizing!)
At the end of the ’16 VGT Tour Championship, the Top 5 Amateurs in each flight will share in over $7,000 in prizes!
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE“
(Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel ) Includes a FREE FLIGHT + 2 FREE WEEKLY GROUNDS PASSES to watch a 2017-18 PGA TOUR EVENT (does not include Majors)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 20th, 2017.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.