2017 VGT Masters | Morgan Creek Golf Course | April 27 & 28, 2017
VGT Majors Series #1
- Total Prize Purse: $13,500*
- Thursday & Friday, April 27 & 28th
- Round 1: 10am Start
- Round 2: 7am start. Leaders off at 10:00.
- 36-HOLE MAJOR (Professionals & Championship Amateurs +3.0 to 5.0)
The VGT MASTERS is a 36-Hole VGT MAJOR Stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Championship Amateurs (5.0 handicap factor or less) contested at Morgan Creek Golf Course.
- Full Field Size: 80 (40 Pros & 40 Amateurs)
- Professional Purse: $11,500*
- First place: $2,500*. Top 33% of Professional field size will be paid out. *(based on full field)
- Amateur Prizing: $2,000*
*Based on a full field of 36 Amateurs, the top 9 Amateurs will be awarded the following prizing:
- 1st Place: $500 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 2nd Place: $300 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 3rd Place: $250 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 4th Place: $200 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 5th Place: $175 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 6th Place: $150 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 7th Place: $125 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 8th Place: $100 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 9th Place: $75 Sponsor Prize Credits
- 10th Place: $50 Sponsor Prize Credits
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES
- GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR
- 2UNDR BRIEFS
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- BIG MAX PUSH CARTS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 36-Holes of golf in 3-somes including green fees
- Qualifying event for exemption into MACKENZIE TOUR’S FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN (see below)
- Driving Range Warm-up both days
- Discounted practice round rates ($49+tx – starting at 1pm; up to 7 days prior to the event)
- One meal or food & beverage component per day of competition
- Opportunity to play two of BC’s Premier Golf Clubs
- Live 9-Hole and 15-Hole Leader board Scoring
- Unparalleled Professional Tournament Experience
- First Tee Announcing and Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – Over $15,000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority entry will be given to VGT Members in both the Professional and Amateur field. However, Non-Members are eligible to play if the tournament field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- VGT Majors Professional Member: $300 + GST*
- VGT Professional (non-Major) Member: $350 + GST*
- Non – VGT Carded PGA Professional: $375 + GST*
- Non – Carded (non-VGT) Pro: $400 + GST*
- VGT Amateur Member: $210 + GST
- Non – Member Amateur: $250 + GST
- *All Professionals must pay $20 ($10/day) on top of their entry fee as a donation to Morgan Creek Junior Golf. This will be collected at registration on day 1.
SATURDAY APRIL 22, 2017 at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
- Round 1: 10am Start
- Round 2: 7am Start. Leaders off at 10:00.
(Subject to change based on field size.)
PGA of Canada and MACKENZIE TOUR CANADA Professionals are asked to call the Pro-shop at 604-531-4653 to arrange one complimentary practice round on Monday-Friday leading up to the event at a non-peak time at the discretion of the golf club. Professionals must make a $10 donation to the Morgan Creek Junior Program.
Non-carded Professionals and Amateurs are being offered the following practice round rates:
- $49+tx (after 1pm). Up to 7 days prior to the tournament
- Players must show either their VGT Player Credentials money clips or confirmation of payment for the event to receive preferred green fee price.
Course Details & Location
3500 Morgan Creek Way
Surrey, BC V3Z 0J7
Phone: (604) 531-4653
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields based on gross results. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
VGT Majors Series Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points from this event will count towards the Majors Series Order of Merit as follows:
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,500 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN EXEMPTION FOR TOP VGT PROFESSIONAL!
The top VGT Professional on the SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit at the end of the VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP on May 19th will earn an exemption into the MACKENZIE TOUR’s FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN event at Point Grey Golf & C.C. * = Top VGT Professional not already exempt into the F55 Financial Open (must be a Majors Member in good standing)
- The SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER – $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2017 Tour Championship.
- 2017 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 27th & 28th at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 7 multiple-day events as follows (dates subject to change). At the end of the 2017 JOHNSTON MEIER VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 27, 28: The VGT MASTERS
- May 18, 19: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 20, 21: CSBA WHISTLER OPEN
- July 1, 2: LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 15, 16: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- September 1-3: FIRST CLASS WASTE SERVICES FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- September 22-24: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the 2017 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 20th, 2017.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.