2017 Ledgeview Classic | Ledgeview Golf Club | Wednesday, April 5, 2017
The VGT LEDGEVIEW CLASSIC is an 18-Hole stroke play tournament for male and female Professionals and Amateurs (0-18 RCGA factor).
- Four Amateur Flights: Championship / Flight A / Flight B / Women’s
- Two Professional Divisions: Tour Division & Apprentice Division.
- Full Field Size: 100 players
- Professional Purse: $7,000 (based on 48 Pros).
- Top 40% of field will be paid in both the Tour Division and the Apprentice Pro Division*
- Amateur Prizing: $2,000 (based on 52 Amateurs)
- Amateur Payout: Top 1/3 of Field paid out via alternating Gross and Net Scores in all Amateur Flights
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- MAUI JIM SUNGLASSES
- GALVIN GREEN OUTERWEAR
- 2UNDR BRIEFS
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- IGA GIFT CARDS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 18-Holes of Golf
- Driving Range Warm-up
- Luncheon After the Round
- Gross & Net prizing within each Division
- Opportunity to play one of BC’s Premier Semi-Private Golf Clubs
- Live Leader board Scoring
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Qualify for Order of Merit Points – Over $15000 in Year-end Awards & Prizing!
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
Are designated professional that are not currently or have not been a member of any mini-tour (other than VGT) or sanctioned tour (PGA Tour Canada, Web.com, European, Asian, Japanese Tour…) for the last 2 years. VGT Professionals from 2015 or 2016 may play as an Apprentice Professional if they meet the following criteria: A) They have played less than 12 Tour Division events in last 2 years and B) They have less than $2,000 in combined earnings from 2014 and 2015 VGT Tour Professional events.
- 2016 Champion:
- Seann Harlingten (65) (-5)
- 2016 Apprentice Champion:
- 2016 Amateur Winners:
- Championship Gross: Tim Phillips (72)
- Championship Net: Jeff Sheldon (70)
- Flight A Gross: Brad Heath (76)
- Flight A Net: Nancy MacMillan (71)
- Flight B Gross: Don Vergara (82)
- Flight B Net: Leo Min (68)
- 2016 Event Prizes: Click Here.
- VGT Member – Professional: $155+GST
- Non – Member – Professional: $205+GST
- VGT Member – Amateur: $110+GST
- Non – Member – Amateur: $145+GST
SATURDAY APRIL 1st at 6:00pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
Tee times start at 9:30 – 2:00. (Pros, Championship, A, B)
Amateurs: Please contact Ledgeview Golf Club to arrange a practice round at 604.859.8993. VGT Amateur Members are entitled to practice rounds at the VGT Preferred Rate of $10 off the posted rate as of April 1st. http://vancouvergolftour.com/membership/
Professionals: Please contact Ledgeview Golf Club at 604.859.8993 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a practice round at an off-peak time M-F.
Course Details & Location
Ledgeview Golf Club features a scenic and enjoyable par 70 in the Fraser Valley. This 18 hole design is the pride of many local golf Champions including Ray Stewart, James Lepp, PGA TOUR player Adam Hadwin and PGA TOUR winner Nick Taylor.
35997 McKee Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
General Phone: (604) 859-8993
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Tour & Apprentice Professional – Gross
- Championship Flight – Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields for this event. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit ($8,500 in Awards)
Based on all Regular Season results:
- FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN EXEMPTION FOR TOP VGT PROFESSIONAL!
The top VGT Member* on the SRIXON/CLEVELAND Order of Merit at the end of the VGT PLAYER’S CHAMPIONSHIP on May 18th will earn an exemption into the MACKENZIE TOUR’s FREEDOM 55 FINANCIAL OPEN event at Point Grey Golf & C.C. (*Not already exempt into the F55 Financial Open).
- The SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER – $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2017 Tour Championship.
- 2017 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $2,500 Cash Bonus
The VGT Majors Series starts with the VGT MASTERS on April 27th & 28th at Morgan Creek Golf Club includes 7 multiple-day events as follows (dates subject to change). At the end of the 2017 JOHNSTON MEIER VANCOUVER OPEN, the VGT Majors Series will offer a guaranteed $2,500 in Cash Bonuses!
- April 27, 28: The VGT MASTERS
- May 17, 18: VGT PLAYERS CHAMPIONSHIP
- June 20, 21: CSBA WHISTLER OPEN
- July 1, 2: LEDGEVIEW OPEN
- August 15, 16: WONOWON WATER SERVICES LAKEPOINT PRO-AM (Ft. St. John’s)
- September 1-3: FIRST CLASS WASTE SERVICES FRASER VALLEY OPEN
- September 22-24: JOHNSTON MEIER INSURANCE VANCOUVER OPEN
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
A $1,000 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the 2017 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star or SRIXON Z-Star XV ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- ROOKIE OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- MOST IMPROVED PLAYER OF THE YEAR – $1,000 CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($7,000 in Prizing!)
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight “PGA TOUR EVENT EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- 6th PLACE: $75 VALUE / per flight
- 7th PLACE: $60 VALUE / per flight
- 8th PLACE: $50 VALUE / per flight
- 9th PLACE: $40 VALUE / per flight
- 10th PLACE: $30 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 20th, 2017.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $5,000, it will be cut-off at $5,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $5,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $5,000. From the time the original purse reaches $5,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $5,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $5,000, and once the pot has reached $5,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.