Aldergrove Open presented by Rite Way Freight Systems | July 23/24, 2016
The 36-Hole ALDERGROVE OPEN Presented by RITE WAY FREIGHT SYSTEMS is a stroke play Championship for male and female Professional and Amateur Golfers with a valid Golf Canada or USGA handicap factor of 18.0 and under. The event is contested at Pagoda Ridge Golf Course in Langley, BC.
- Three Amateur Flights: Championship / Flight A / Flight B
- Full Field Size: 100 players
- Professional Eligibility: Open to all PGA Canada, PGA Tour Canada and non-affiliated Professionals.
- Professional Purse: $10,000* ($2500 First Place) *With Full field of 40 Pros + 60 amateurs
- Amateur Eligibility: The event is open to all Amateur Golfers with a valid Golf Canada or USGA handicap factor of 18.0 and under.
- Amateur Prizing: $4000 *With Full field of 40 Pros + 60 amateurs
- Amateur Payout: A total of 24 players* will reach the prize table as follows:
- Top 4 Gross & Top 4 Net Scores in Championship Flight
- Top 4 Gross & Top 4 Net Scores in A Flight
- Top 4 Gross & Top 4 Net Scores in B Flight
Sponsor Prizes & Prize Credits
- BUSHNELL RANGEFINDERS
- CLEVELAND GOLF
- SRIXON GOLF
- TRAVIS MATHEW CLOTHING
- PROJEKT LUGGAGE
- 2UNDR PERFORMANCE BRIEFS
- IGA GIFT CARDS
- + MORE
Entry Fee Includes
- 36-Holes of Golf at Pagoda Ridge
- $100/player in Amateur tee-gifts and prizing
- One Meal each day of the event
- Live Leader board Scoring
- Golf Canada Officiating
- Trophies awarded to players for Overall Gross and Net in all 3 Amateur Flights
Priority will be given to Members in the Professional and Amateur field. Non-Members are eligible to play if the field is not full at the end of the Registration Deadline. Non-members are recommended to register in advance as non-member entries will be accepted in priority of their entries being received if we have space available for some but not all non-members waiting for the field to be open at the deadline.
- Professional: VGT Member = $200 +GST
- Professional: PGA or Mackenzie Tour Members = $225+GST
- Professional: Non-Carded = $250 +GST
- Amateur: VGT Member = $200 +GST
- Amateur: Non-Member = $250 +GST
WEDNESDAY JULY 20, at 6pm PST or when event is full (whichever comes first)
Players are reminded to review the Policies and Procedures of VGT outlining all cancellation and no show fees HERE.
Tee Times Start at 11:00am both days with full field. If less than a full field, then 12pm start
Course Details & Location
Pagoda Ridge Golf Course offers a distinctive golf experience… carved through a landscape of gently rolling hills and natural vegetation, with stunning views of the Fraser Valley and majestic Golden Ears Mountains.
The par 72, 18 hole course plays just beyond 7000 yards from the back tees. The fairways are well defined, with 40 strategically placed bunkers and water hazards in play on more than half of the 18 holes. These add to the degree of difficulty, while the open greens make Pagoda Ridge an enjoyable place to play. The bent grass greens are large and inviting, tempt the “go for it” attitude yet often rewarding the more accurate approach shots.
The Asian infused architecture creates a memorable, unique experience that is unprecedented by any other course in the Fraser Valley. As you advance through the park-like grounds, walk upon the replica “Great Wall Of China” and past an authentic Chinese Fighting Ship, the Pagoda style architecture will provide you with a surreal sense that you have entered a mystical golf destination.
7887 264th Street, Langley, BC
General Inquiries: email@example.com
Pro Shop: firstname.lastname@example.org
Srixon/Cleveland Order of Merit
Order of Merit (OOM) points will be awarded in each category of membership as follows:
- Professional, Championship Amateur – Gross
- Flight A & B – Alternating Gross & Net. Players will receive the highest (gross or net) point value for this event.
Both the Professional OOM and Amateur OOMs will be based on the following point system for full fields. Order of Merit Points may be modified in any given event based on field size.
Srixon/Cleveland Professional Order of Merit
Based on all Regular Season results:
- The SRIXON / CLEVELAND ORDER OF MERIT WINNER – $2,500 Q-School Award!
The top Professional for the entire VGT season (Championship Series & Majors Series) earns a $2,500 Q-School Award at the end of the 2016 Tour Championship.
- 2016 VGT MAJORS SERIES ORDER OF MERIT – $2,500 Cash Bonus.
The VGT Majors Series starts on May 8 & 9 at the “Battle at the Bear” at Bear Mountain Resort & Spa and includes 6 multiple-day events as follows. At the end of the 2016 Petron Communications Pro-Am, the VGT Majors Series Order of Merit Winner will earn a guaranteed $2,500 Cash Bonus!
- May 8/9 – Battle at the Bear
- May 12/13 – Chilliwack Golf Club
- May 17/18 – Pagoda Ridge/Royalwood
- June 14/15 – Sandpiper Golf Course
- July 1/3 – Johnston Meier Insurance VANCOUVER OPEN
- Aug 9/10 – Petron Communications Lakepoint Pro-Am (Ft. St. John’s)
- TOP SRIXON / CLEVELAND STAFF PLAYER – $1,000 Staff Player Bonus
A $500 CASH BONUS will be awarded to the top VGT Professional on the SRIXON / CLEVELAND Order of Merit endorsing SRIXON & CLEVELAND products throughout the ’16 VGT season. Players sign a contract at the Brad Garside Open that they will be playing a minimum of 10 SRIXON / CLEVELAND clubs and the SRIXON Z-Star ball in order to qualify for the CASH BONUS!
- TOP APPRENTICE PROFESSIONAL – $500 CASH BONUS!
Srixon/Cleveland Amateur Order of Merit ($6000 in Prizing!)
Presented by Bermuda Sands Apparel
- At the end of the 2016 VGT Tour Championship, the Top 5 Amateurs in each Flight will share in over $6,000 in prizes!
- 1st PLACE: $1,000 VALUE / per flight. A “PGA TOUR FAN EXPERIENCE” (Sponsored by Bermuda Sands Apparel)
Includes: 1 Free Flight + 2 weekly passes to a 2016 PGA TOUR event
- 2nd PLACE: $500 VALUE / per flight
- 3rd PLACE: $300 VALUE / per flight
- 4th PLACE: $200 VALUE / per flight
- 5th PLACE: $100 VALUE / per flight
- All Amateur Order of Merits are based on a player’s best 12 results for the season
Progressive Hole-In-One Jackpot Rules
- In order to qualify for the Hole-in-one (H.I.O) JACKPOT offered at a VGT event, a player must be entered into the $20 skins game/hole-in-one pot for that event. If there is no winner of the hole-in-one at VGT event, the current hole-in-one pot will carry over to the next event until we have a winner of the jackpot. If by the end of the Winter Tour the jackpot has not been won, the current jackpot will be carried over into the Summer Tour schedule commencing on March 21st, 2016.
- If the jackpot accumulates to $10,000, it will be cut-off at $10,000 and the first eligible person (see above) to score a hole-in-one on an eligible jackpot hole will receive the $10,000 payout. A secondary Hole-in-one purse will be started as soon as the original jackpot reaches $10,000. From the time the original purse reaches $10,000, moneys collected for the H.I.O purse will accumulate in this secondary pot while the first pot remains at $10,000. The secondary pot will continue to grow until the next eligible player scores a hole-in-one on the designated jackpot hole at a VGT event. The maximum H.I.O purse paid out at any time will be $10,000, and once the pot has reached $10,000, a 3rd and 4th purse (and so on) will be established for future winners.
- Due to the skill difference of Pros versus the Amateurs in the field, we level the playing field for the JACKPOT two ways:
- By allowing the A & B amateurs to tee-off a shorter designated tee-box at various times compared to Professionals and Championship Amateurs.
- VGT hosts numerous Amateur only events where Amateurs have a chance to win the JACKPOT without Pros in the field.